GDT: OILERS WIN LOTTERY 2.0! McDaaaaaaaaavid *****es!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I bet Dallas Eakins is feeling something burning up inside him. I can heard a distant "D'oh" fluttering through the wind. Meanwhile Nelson has his tissues and lotion ready.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For anyone worried about McDavid not reporting or pulling a Lindros because he looked a little glum when the Oilers won the pick. Keep in mind what he was saying:

"That's an unbelievable organization, and it will be a true honour to be able to go there"

I'm sure its a canned response, but it puts into perspective his mentality about the draft. There is no chance this kid doesn't put on the sweater come draft day.

Nobody should be worried about that. All this Lindros talk is coming from bitter fans/media.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I'm pretty drunk.

My friendly posts on the Leafs boards have been deleted.

I was hoping the Oilers would be drafting 3rd overall.

I am still gushing.

This will define the future of the Oilers.

5, 14, 6, 1 are my new fav numbers.

I'm getting those #'s as a tattoo

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
For anyone worried about McDavid not reporting or pulling a Lindros because he looked a little glum when the Oilers won the pick. Keep in mind what he was saying:

"That's an unbelievable organization, and it will be a true honour to be able to go there"

I'm sure its a canned response, but it puts into perspective his mentality about the draft. There is no chance this kid doesn't put on the sweater come draft day.

Somebody posted a link of an interview he did back in September on the pipeline show. It was actually one of the more colorful McDavid interviews that I've heard. he was adamantly against being picky about the team he's going to.

Ok, here it is. From the 7 minute mark on. It was a good listen, seems like a really good kid.
I'm not worried in the least about him Lindrosing the Oilers.

https://soundcloud.com/pipeline-show/connor-mcdavid-lept16?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=https://soundcloud.com/pipeline-show/connor-mcdavid-lept16

azashi

May 31, 2006
Okay, his NHLE, holding that the OHL has a .30 estimate for success in the NHL =

23G 39A 62P
Provided he gets the offensive opportunities, he's going to get more than that. Hall was on pace for 53 points in his rookie season, and he only managed 1.8ppg in his draft year.

azashi

May 31, 2006
Somebody posted a link of an interview he did back in September on the pipeline show. It was actually one of the more colorful McDavid interviews that I've heard. he was adamantly against being picky about the team he's going to.

Ok, here it is. From the 7 minute mark on. It was a good listen, seems like a really good kid.

https://soundcloud.com/pipeline-show/connor-mcdavid-lept16?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=https://soundcloud.com/pipeline-show/connor-mcdavid-lept16

Yeah I posted that and someone deleted it =/

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta

Agreed. And for all our disagreements on Nurse, I'm sure we can agree a bunch here. Been watching McDavid since MM and boy is he the real deal. It will sure take the sting off watching him blow around Nurse for the next four games ;). Now the Oilers can easily package off a couple of those other picks (not something I'd normally recommend doing) for some experience and this draft will still be a success. It also instantly makes coming to Edmonton cool for free agents. Other players (especially those who played with/against McDavid in the OHL) will know what he's all about...

Last player to score at the pace he scored at in the OHL in his 18 year-old year? I would have to double check, but we may be talking Gretzky...certainly no-one I can remember since I started watching the OHL in the early 90's.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Yes, from what I've seen of him, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. People (other teams' fans) can believe what they want to, but I have no qualms about him pulling a Lindros at all.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Okay, his NHLE, holding that the OHL has a .30 estimate for success in the NHL =

23G 39A 62P

I'm sorry, but if a generational player doesn't hit 100 points in his rookie season, we can pretty much declare him a bust

On a serious note, would be nice to see someone finally win the organizations first ROY award.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah I posted that and someone deleted it =/

Really? I just copied and pasted your link. Weird

I can't edit for some reason. I think the Oilers winning McJesus has thrown this forum all out of whack. :D

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Eb and Hallsy must be laughing. "This guy's getting 110 pts a season, guess who's on the line? ME!" Next contract = $$$.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I just went on the Sabres board and was shocked at the hate towards us :(

Decided not to post a friendly message there.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
One really good thing about getting McDavid now is that we've got RNH to shelter him. We screwed up RNHs development a bit I think by not giving him proper veterans to play ahead of him. But what he is now is a pretty decent top line guy who can handle some tough minutes and take the main matchups away from McDavid. It will do McDavid a world of good playing behind RNH for a year or two. It's ****ing fantastic that we've got RNH in place now, in order to provide McDavid the insurance that we failed to give RNH.

Anyways... as an Oiler fan I am conditioned quite thoroughly to anticipate the worst... but can you imagine if he actually lived up to the hype?

Great post. I predict RNH and McDavid to become pretty close friends. Their personalities are very similar - quiet, reserved, and humble. Its so exciting to see the Oilers be able to now throw out two tremendous Centres for years to come.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I just went on the Sabres board and was shocked at the hate towards us :(

Decided not to post a friendly message there.

Not too surprising. They just endured a horrible season, and unlike the Oilers, they didn't get the 1st overall payoff that Edmonton did in their intentional tanking years.

Bound to be a lot of rage directed at who they perceive to have blocked their just rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad