Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Possibly the best playoff game the McDrai era Oilers have played. Absolutely for sure the best first game of a playoffs they have played.

Connor from the start saying not tonight baybee. we're not losing tonight no way.

Doughty must just hate this. Playing the one guy every postseason you can't stop. Then if you do you end up dealing with Drai, Hyman, etc etc. Unsung performances by guys like Holloway and Janmark were even bringing the tempo.

Every move KK made in lineup including upping Henrique on first line was the right decision. If Desharnais banged up I would insert Stecher though for game 2.
Fourth line was exceptional tonight

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why aren't the pressers in the main press room with the raucous crowd at the window?

We trying to be chill post game this year?

Reactions: McDoused

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Possibly the best playoff game the McDrai era Oilers have played. Absolutely for sure the best first game of a playoffs they have played.

Connor from the start saying not tonight baybee. we're not losing tonight no way.

Doughty must just hate this. Playing the one guy every postseason you can't stop. Then if you do you end up dealing with Drai, Hyman, etc etc. Unsung performances by guys like Holloway and Janmark were even bringing the tempo.

Every move KK made in lineup including upping Henrique on first line was the right decision. If Desharnais banged up I would insert Stecher though for game 2.
Oilers beat the Kings 6-2 and 8-0 back-to-back that first year and everybody thought the Kings were dead. Hopefully everybody keeps their foot down this time.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Why aren't the pressers in the main press room with the raucous crowd at the window?

We trying to be chill post game this year?
I forgot about that! It was so much better. I feel like I used to see Jay pressers all the time and I haven’t seen a single Knob one.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No he didn’t. People are gonna look at the final score and assume we had crappy goaltending tonight whe he had a great game.

The Nurse goal was bad enough but wtf was Ceci thinking throwing that puck towards 2 Kings alone in front of the net? Our defence men scare the hell out of me. These stupid plays happen a lot to them and we aren’t always up by four goals when it happens.

Yup, been seeing the bolded in other Around the League threads (though with how 'knowledgeable' some of those fanbases are, they may have watched the game and still came to the same incorrect conclusion).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers beat the Kings 6-2 and 8-0 back-to-back that first year and everybody thought the Kings were dead. Hopefully everybody keeps their foot down this time.
Yep. Gotta keep pedal to the metal. Kings just don't quit. hard to match the Oilers superstar skill. One thing different this playoffs so far is Oilers are getting the PP's . That helps too. Sure can't complain about officiating tonight.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I forgot about that! It was so much better. I feel like I used to see Jay pressers all the time and I haven’t seen a single Knob one.
Yeh those pressers were awesome. We don't seem to be doing that this year. Maybe in an effort to not get too high...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yep. Gotta keep pedal to the metal. Kings just don't quit. hard to match the Oilers superstar skill. One thing different this playoffs so far is Oilers are getting the PP's . That helps too. Sure can't complain about officiating tonight.
Kings did what the Oilers did last year, went looking for trouble after every whistle and eventually the refs started calling them. Oilers unfortunately kept that up for 2 more games but I imagine the Kings will read the room and adjust for next game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
A lot of that was on the Kings. A dirty crosscheck into Hyman's face and a very very dirty low hit on Vinny. They deserved the PP advantage.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I look forward to Moore playing next game because the leagues a joke
He legitmately looked afraid in the box because he f***ed up majorly. he knows he's gonna lose his teeth over this one yet. Its worse when you don't know when its coming. Probably later in series but Moore is gonna get it.

You mentioned you were looking for some help on gardening or advice earlier. Just PM anytime or ask anything. Anybody else too that wants any info. We're all a community here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad