Oilers waive Jack Campbell

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Worst contract in the league?
5 years 5M and have the player in the first year of the contract immediately underperform? Starter money for horrible backup level quality play.

The team was desperate for goaltending help when they signed it... but it always seemed like way too much money and term for an unproven quantity.

The contract really sinks the Oilers Cup contention window. Everyone involved in signing this contract should be fired too.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I just feel bad for whoever they call up. Skinner is more than likely going to start every game until a trade can be worked out, so with both guys playing well in the AHL, one is going to be promoted to bench warmer until skinner plays so poorly he gets pulled, only for the fans to realize the guy we called up either straight up isn’t and never has been good enough for the NHL, or a young guy who just started finding his game again after being demoted to the ECHL two seasons ago.

Neither is a good bet to be even as good as the two sad goaltenders we have right now, but I’d guess they’d be better off letting rodrigue keep building upon his recent solid play and call up Pickard to warm the bench.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
The fact that there is no immediate recall leads me to believe there is a trade happening?

If it was an assignment and promotion, they'd typically just be released at the same time.

Campbell down, Pickard up etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad