GDT: Oilers vs Sharks - We're gonna need a bigger boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why would you want McDavid going into the post season cold? Hes always played better when playing regularly. Just manage his ice time.
I'm more worried about him getting hurt further for meaningless games than if he's hot or cold.

We already know what he's capable of in the post-season. It's the rest of the roster that needs to go in hot.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Nice to see Connor back in. Maybe he plays tonight and Wednesday and we have a farm team show up on Thursday.

Hopefully that also means some of the other guys are going to take a seat and get some rest. I see Kane is out, anyone else? Nuge/Drai/Nurse/Ekholm hopefully as well.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Still massive points up for grabs which could play a factor in home ice WCF/SCF.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Watch Kostin score against us lol
Hey man, honestly I miss him. He gave the team solid bottom 6 scoring when the team had none despite no ice time. I also remember him getting like 5 or 6 points in playoffs last year despite, you guessed it, no ice time. Yeah I get his shooting percentage was high but still. There was nothing more he could do. holland just sucks at managing the cap sometimes so he was the odd man out. But I get it. 2 mill while not a lot was still a big risk at the time.

He’s big, tough, fast and has pretty good hands. Now that he’s finally getting ice time he’s got 10 points in 17 games with the sharks. I really do think he could be a steal for them. And he’s still young at 24. All I’ll say is don’t be surprised if he ends up scoring tonight. He’ll be doing that more often if San Jose believes he’s a good fit in a bigger role. Which I really think he is. He has the tools.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Would you guys be upset if the coach is playing McDavid if he's not 100% healthy to get him his 100 assists?

As a Leafs fan I feel like I'd want to see 70 goals even if Matthews wasn't completely 100% and would want to see him try and go for it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would you guys be upset if the coach is playing McDavid if he's not 100% healthy to get him his 100 assists?

As a Leafs fan I feel like I'd want to see 70 goals even if Matthews wasn't completely 100% and would want to see him try and go for it.
Yes.

There's not much more to settle. We've got home ice in the first round. We're probably not catching Vancouver. The Cup is all that matters.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I don’t think McDavid even cares about the 100 assists so yes I would be a little upset.

The Oilers want the cup, not more personal accolades.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Wishful thinking but if we win our last 3 games (SJS/ARZ/COL) while Vancouver loses both of their games (CGY/WPG), we will win the division.

Calgary would probably forfeit to the Canucks before doing Edmonton any favors.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Wishful thinking but if we win our last 3 games (SJS/ARZ/COL) while Vancouver loses both of their games (CGY/WPG), we will win the division.

Imagine Canucks lose to Calgary haha things could still get interesting

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Somehow I don't think we sweep the b2b to end the season, especially if Colorado has anything to play for.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Assuming Henrique - McDavid - Hyman works out (and I think it will), this is what I think is best for Game 1:

Henrique - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Drai - Foegele
Kane - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

Accomplishes a few things that mitigate some risk areas in the lineup:

Line 1 - Henriques slower boots are mitigated by McDavid and Hyman. Easier for him to work in a facilitator/support role that he excels at without worrying about getting burned.

Line 2 - RNH and Foegele work with Drai when a bunch of others don't - not much else to be said

Line 3 - I love this line as an identity line, and save for one game they have been really good in the other 4 or 5 times they have played together. Kane works with McLeod, Perry works with Kane. Only problem is it's a small sample size because we went away from that line for two games for zero reason then McDavid being out forced Holloway to a third line safe space and Kane to the top 6.

Line 4 - They all know how to play hockey and don't hurt you. Size and physicality are a concern, but if that ends up being an issue Carrick can step in.

Holloway - he's only coming in if we are lacking in forecheck and bottom 6 energy IMO.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Somehow I don't think we sweep the b2b to end the season, especially if Colorado has anything to play for.
If the Jets win tomorrow they lock up home ice.

So our game against the Avs will probably be pointless for them. Problem is that means the Canucks last game against the Jets will be pointless for the Jets.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hopefully McDavid doesnt play and gets as close to 100% as possible for the playoffs.
Just play the last game against Colorado if necessary.
F**k the scoring race. Ultimately it doesnt matter anyway.

Reactions: Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If the Jets win tomorrow they lock up home ice.

So our game against the Avs will probably be pointless for them. Problem is that means the Canucks last game against the Jets will be pointless for the Jets.

The Avs game will be pointless for them for sure, they're already locked into their result. Same with the Jets, so the Nucks will be up against a patchwork roster if that games ends up being relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad