Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Between the mains and Reddit, I think Vancouver might have the 2nd most obnoxious fan base. I really hope the boys show up in game 1 and go scorched earth, but the Vancouver Cinderella run with back-up goalie Voodoo makes me think this is going to be a tough series for us.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
A picture says a thousand words:

IMG_4877.jpeg

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Between the mains and Reddit, I think Vancouver might have the 2nd most obnoxious fan base. I really hope the boys show up in game 1 and go scorched earth, but the Vancouver Cinderella run with back-up goalie Voodoo makes me think this is going to be a tough series for us.
are we the first Obnoxious fan base? Cause we can get up there sometimes

Reactions: North Cole

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Lol - I think we're in the top 5 for sure... Toronto probably my number 1.
It will be interesting to see how fed up Eastern Media will get being forced to talk about Vancouver and Edmonton. My guess is they will still give equal time to the leafs; just because

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
CLASSIC
Seen OT goal on Leafs. They showed a camera view of Leaf fans leaving outdoor watch party. Oiler fan with Orange jersey right in the middle

Probably Marner's last game in Leafs jersey

Lol - I think we're in the top 5 for sure... Toronto probably my number 1.
Im bored at work. I gotta go read the post game comments in Leafs board. I love it.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Leafs
Jays
Raps
Argos
Soccer team (I hate soccer)
All TOR teams have something in common, they suck. Do i feel bad? Absolutely NOT. Keep on sucking Toronto.
YEP!!!!! The only problem now is the Eastern Media will still find ways to talk about Leafs everyday and during every game.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
YEP!!!!! The only problem now is the Eastern Media will still find ways to talk about Leafs everyday and during every game.
100%
first 20 minutes of every sportsdesk are dedicated to Leafs.
U know its funny. Im in my mid 50's now. Around 1977, my Mom tried to get me to be a Leafs fan. I couldnt do it. I knew back then they sucked and were soft. I didnt have a favorite team, I was a Bobby Orr fan. I jumped on Oilers bandwagon when they made playoffs first year in 79-80. Next year, they put out the Habs 3 straight and I was hooked.
All thru my time, besides 4 times the Leafs went to Conference championships, they have given their fans absolutely nothing. I would even have taken a Stanley Cup loss. In the 80's, they were an absolute joke. They started of the 90's on the wrong foot immediately. They traded their 1st to NJ for Tom Kurvers. They shit the bed once again and picked turned out to be 3 OA. NJ used pick to draft a HOF Conn Smythe Dman, Scott Niedermayer. You cant make this shit up

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
100%
first 20 minutes of every sportsdesk are dedicated to Leafs.
U know its funny. Im in my mid 50's now. Around 1977, my Mom tried to get me to be a Leafs fan. I couldnt do it. I knew back then they sucked and were soft. I didnt have a favorite team, I was a Bobby Orr fan. I jumped on Oilers bandwagon when they made playoffs first year in 79-80. Next year, they put out the Habs 3 straight and I was hooked.
All thru my time, besides 4 times the Leafs went to Conference championships, they have given their fans absolutely nothing. I would even have taken a Stanley Cup loss. In the 80's, they were an absolute joke. They started of the 90's on the wrong foot immediately. They traded their 1st to NJ for Tom Kurvers. They shit the bed once again and picked turned out to be 3 OA. NJ used pick to draft a HOF Conn Smythe Dman, Scott Niedermayer. You cant make this shit up
I grew up in Stratford Ontario and was a Leafs fan. I got tired of them losing so I stopped watching hockey. Years later starting hearing about this kid by the name of Gretzky and had to follow him. I was living in Alberta at that time so it was fitting to cheer for the good guys, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, Kurri, Fuhr, Gretzky, Moog, Lowe and the rest of the gang. The DoD sucked it reminded me of the Leafs but better a DoD then a 1/2 a century.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I grew up in Stratford Ontario and was a Leafs fan. I got tired of them losing so I stopped watching hockey. Years later starting hearing about this kid by the name of Gretzky and had to follow him. I was living in Alberta at that time so it was fitting to cheer for the good guys, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, Kurri, Fuhr, Gretzky, Moog, Lowe and the rest of the gang. The DoD sucked it reminded me of the Leafs but better a DoD then a 1/2 a century.
Good thing u changed. I always teaze Leafs fans. I say being a Leafs fan is like going to the prom with your sister because you couldnt get a date.
I live in NS and Im surrounded by Leafs fans. They are very hard to listen to. You would think they won a cup or 5 in my time.
Im reminding them today they still suck and its time to cut the cord. End the Continuous Circle of Suck. Do I feel bad? LMFAO

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
let them be, we shouldn't imitate them

Reactions: nally

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It will be a tough series. No way do the Oilers blow them out and winning in Vancouver will be especially difficult. Both teams are deep.

Goaltending and team defense are obviously key but I think that secondary scoring will decide the series.

Its time for Mcleod, Foegele (not bad but could use more offense) Janmark and a few others to pot one (or two) in tight games. A "Kostin" type goal on the coast would be sweet. Nuge's 6 points thus far look nice but again I think there could be more offensive contribution.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Vegas Flames and Leaf fans right up there and Sharks fans are the dumbest.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
are we the first Obnoxious fan base? Cause we can get up there sometimes
I feel like our obnoxious behavior doesn't match the quality of players we have, in a good way. We're generally higher because our team is actually pretty good and any fanbase with a solid team is a bit obnoxious but I think we're still reserved because we have recency bias of some real bipolar play. Our organization's management hasn't been nearly good enough to allow us to transition to being elitist like a Boston or Tampa fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad