Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
For me, the biggest thing is this feels a lot like the Oilers - Flames series in 2022

And the bad thing about that, it pretty much became their Cup (to be fair, they didn't have the depth to beat the Avs). I think that this series could end up being too much of an emotional roadblock and winning it will be 'too important' in that sense

Van may have just had their emotional roadblock

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I see Tocchet already on his soapbox to the officials before the games are even played lmao
Lol saw that too. Dudes politicking the refs for a no penalties series.

For me, the biggest thing is this feels a lot like the Oilers - Flames series in 2022

And the bad thing about that, it pretty much became their Cup (to be fair, they didn't have the depth to beat the Avs). I think that this series could end up being too much of an emotional roadblock and winning it will be 'too important' in that sense
Thats a good point. And something that the Oilers will have to be conscious of. The Cup must still be the goal. But you also can’t look past your opponent and a rival like the Nucks.

Our maturity will be tested. But I beleive in McD and the boys to know that the goal is 16 and not 8.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Even if they did, would it matter? Probably the least knowledgeable Canadian fanbase

TBH, I dislike leaf fans as much as the next fan in the league, but at LEAST their fanbase aren't filled with fairweather bandwagoning fans. Nuck fans are filled with that while being extremely obnoxious as well. They barely give a shit over in BC about the Canucks unless there's some glimpses of success. Congrats on beating us 3-0 when the Oilers were slumping 2-9 into the early season and beating the Oilers from the previous game that didn't have McDavid playing either. If Nuck fans think the Oilers will be a cake walk in the post season games, then they're extremely out of touch with reality. Reminds me of how some jet fans got cocky just because they beat Colorado in the regular season, and then look what happened?! I don't think the nucks will be an easy opponent either, but here's hoping we win it and advance.

100% that the team, and especially both McDrai are wanting revenge after the regular season sweep as well.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
TBH, I dislike leaf fans as much as the next fan in the league, but at LEAST their fanbase aren't filled with fairweather bandwagoning fans. Nuck fans are filled with that while being extremely obnoxious as well. They barely give a shit over in BC about the Canucks unless there's some glimpses of success. Congrats on beating us 3-0 when the Oilers were slumping 2-9 into the early season and beating the Oilers from the previous game that didn't have McDavid playing either. If Nuck fans think the Oilers will be a cake walk in the post season games, then they're extremely out of touch with reality. Reminds me of how some jet fans got cocky just because they beat Colorado in the regular season, and then look what happened?! I don't think the nucks will be an easy opponent either, but here's hoping we win it and advance.

100% that the team, and especially both McDrai are wanting revenge after the regular season sweep as well.

100% to the bolded, I hate to admit it, but part of me admires their willingness to keep plugging along (even when they lie to themselves about how things will be better next year etc etc)

Canucks fans are literally the definition of bandwagon. I have not met a single one that followed the team when they suck

There's a whole lot of copium and weird self-deception going on in that mains thread. I mean, some dude wrote an essay about why their play style keeps the PDO going, which is funny because this series vs Nashville would actually say the opposite, IMO. If they had that crazy PDO run going it wouldn't have been this tight against the worst team in the West to make it.

Regular season means jack f***ing shit, but I wouldn't expect a fanbase that gets excited about President's Trophies, Calders, Jack Adams whatever the f*** meaningless trophies because their team has done nothing but lose in the playoffs for 50+ years

The entitlement and weird cope they've had is actually well-expressed in their tendency to riot when their team inevitably falls short in the playoffs

Worst fans in the league

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Van may have just had their emotional roadblock

Yup, sounds a lot like the sort of "happy to be here, glad we won the Cup, I mean first round vs a severe underdog" loser talk.

Did they pop some bubbly as well?

And some guy just posted about how Vancouver won the cup in 1915.

The greatest cope post of all time. What a time to be alive

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_4316.jpeg

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Flames support is a curse anyway. They sold their souls and the hockey gods smited them to hockey hell

You mean when they quite literally made some sort of Faustian deal (satanic black magic to jinx Oettinger) so their juggernaut team could barely scrape by that Wild Card Stars team, right?

Still creeped out by that

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
always like watching Kane interview, thanks for posting

Who’s the idiot Brain dead muscle man who’s interviewing him? The guy is a joke and should be introducing WWE wrestlers not taking hockey players to task over something they know nothing about.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I was telling my Nucklehead coworkers not to cry about Demko because Silovs might be that guy, you never know. Now that we’re facing them I hope we light that kid up and destroy his confidence..

Silovs me not

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I have a stash of salty nuts for them

Vancouver sports fans give Toronto's a run for their money when it comes to ignorance, delusion and fairweather bandwagoning.

Hopefully we absolutely annihilate this team.
between VAncouver and Toronto fans, my level of hate is pretty much same. I extremely hate them. I havent practiced my bible scriptures in ages

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad