GDT: Oilers vs Canucks 1st Game of the Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
chiasson will score cause thats how things go but we will pulverize this week ass canucks team. lol poolman and hughes and OEL and myers? stopping 97 and 29? LOL come on fam

6-1 oilers

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Looking forward to it.

Anyone else looking at that bottom 6 and thinking that despite the turnover it still looks like pure shit? Outside of Foegele everyone looks to be a line too high. Scevior and Ryan would make up 2/3rds of a great 4th line and Perlini-Shore-Turris looks like a line that belongs in the AHL.

Must say I'm also flummoxed by starting the season with Drai and McDavid together. Wasn't the whole point of bringing in Hyman so we could keep them split up? Not even going to start the year with it?

Ah well. I'm sure its been discussed over the last week or so around here.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Looking forward to it.

Anyone else looking at that bottom 6 and thinking that despite the turnover it still looks like pure shit? Outside of Foegele everyone looks to be a line too high. Scevior and Ryan would make up 2/3rds of a great 4th line and Perlini-Shore-Turris looks like a line that belongs in the AHL.

Must say I'm also flummoxed by starting the season with Drai and McDavid together. Wasn't the whole point of bringing in Hyman so we could keep them split up? Not even going to start the year with it?

Ah well. I'm sure its been discussed over the last week or so around here.
The wingers are fine but another bottom six center would solidify the jello.
EygCOpA.gif

Reactions: Arctic Fox

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
MaKewan is a loser, we all know that. From a distance he seemed like an okish 4th line pest though, I'm kind of surprised the Nucks waived him because those guys are always in high demand no matter how bad they are at actually playing the game. Kind of the modern day goon that every team needs at least one of in the lineup. To be honest I wouldn't have been

I like Chaisson more than most, but is he worth losing a younger player on waivers for? The Nucks seem to have a way of making bizarre decisions no matter what they do.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Off to walk the dog, pickup my buddy and off to the game.....

In this manner I do NOT have to listen to the SN broadcast.

Lets go Oilers!

Reactions: CornKicker

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Oh man imagine the negative media attention the oilers would have gotten if we had Chiasson in as our 1RW opening night??

Reactions: Oilhawks

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Enjoy the game fellas!

As usual, no complaining allowed on opening night until at least the second period.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
I thought the point of getting hyman was so mcdrai weren't on the same line? You have 2 of the best centres in the world why are they not driving their own line? I get they are insane together but that 2nd line is full of complimentary players. Oh well hoping for a win to start the season off anyway

Reactions: Porkleaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad