Oilers vs Avalanche 8pm CBC/SN CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Alright folks, you all know Im not the most cultured person

Nor am I someone who is very artistic or known to be one to pass on lots of insight

BUT I do know this game is the 1st of three going into the final weeks of the regular season.

So GO OILERS

BOO Avalanche!

Boo is a word that is a letter short of the word Boob.

And this is some education I can pass on to you about the word Boob

Top view
/
B:OO:b <---Side View
--- ^
Front View

Now here's Skinner's highlights from last game

Here's some game day music in the spirit of it being the eve of St. Patty's day

LETS GO OILERS !!!!

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Thanks @yukoner88

Keep da streak alive!

Tale of da tape:
IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg

An additional game day tune:

Oilers projected lineup:

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo these are our playoff lines, with Holloway put in there, maybe in that Janmark spot.

I wonder about Ryan. Maybe the older vets, Perry and Ryan, share a spot and stay rested. Maybe Holloway ends up doing that with Janmark

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Imo these are our playoff lines, with Holloway put in there, maybe in that Janmark spot.

I wonder about Ryan. Maybe the older vets, Perry and Ryan, share a spot and stay rested. Maybe Holloway ends up doing that with Janmark
I agree that they're a good start - Could still see a lot of fluidity depending on opponent, and who's hot / slumping though.

Having Ryan, Holloway, and Gagner waiting in the wings is good too.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
This game is the best measuring stick to date. Let’s go boys!

10-0 Oil with McDavid in on all goals.

Happy St. Urho’s Day all........

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Possible preview game if we manage to get to the Western Conference Finals. Will be interesting to see how we match up against the Avs as they are a wagon right now.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
BOO Avalanche! Boo is a word that is a letter short of the word Boob. And this is some education I can pass on to you about the word Boob

Top view
B:OO:b <---Side View
--- ^
Front View

I’m not that sharp early on a Saturday morning after a lot of rum late into the night playing D&D.

Can I get a visual?

Gonna be a tough one. Gave my tix to my son & his friend for tonight, they’ll enjoy watching the Oilers beat the Avs 4-3 tonight. Let’s Go Oilers?

Still need a visual @yukoner88

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Oilers one of the most penalized teams of the year which also gets nearly the fewest power plays of the year. Meanwhile Colorado gets power plays whenever MacKinnon clears his throat.

Something not right with this picture.

Anyone who thinks the NHL doesn't try to help certain teams win hasn't been paying attention.

Anything to grow the game in America.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

I agree. Think coach is using this lineup as a template for the playoffs….fine tuning of course ( Holloway and Stecher roles to be more defined) and will be measuring against a strong team like the Avs.
Bring it Oilers!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hope our PK is up to the task tonight. Probably have to kill at least 1/2 dozen with the American Diving Circus coming into town.

It is interesting that the Avs supposedly have a great defense and that Georgiev is suppose to be more reliable than the Oilers goalies yet the Oilers allow fewer goals against.
The Avs are still scoring lots of goals and making pretty plays, but I've notice they've been leaking lots of chances and goals this year, more than others it seems. I think that makes them a bit vulnerable in the playoffs, as they continue to try to score their way to wins.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is interesting that the Avs supposedly have a great defense and that Georgiev is suppose to be more reliable than the Oilers goalies yet the Oilers allow fewer goals against.
Georgiev has also had more games with high goals against. 4 or over. In fairness though the AV's seem to run and gun a fair amount and get caught up in trading rushes at times.

Anyway for once the TV schedule gets it right with national coverage. Oilers vs AV's outranks Nucks vs Caps.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Georgiev has also had more games with high goals against. 4 or over. In fairness though the AV's seem to run and gun a fair amount and get caught up in trading rushes at times.

Anyway for once the TV schedule gets it right with national coverage. Oilers vs AV's outranks Nucks vs Caps.
I'll probably get called out but I think our goaltending might be better then Avs. I'll give Skinner some credit, he has rebounded well and has made huge stops in games. Few big ones last game

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'll probably get called out but I think our goaltending might be better then Avs. I'll give Skinner some credit, he has rebounded well and has made huge stops in games. Few big ones last game
Was good to see him do so well against. OV. That probably feeds him with some confidence and its something you remember for the rest of your life as a player. For sure its a moment he can hang onto in building confidence that he was able to stone the top scorer in hockey so many instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad