• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I hope it's Skinner. We know he is awful, but Pickard could come in and stand on his head and steal a game.
What about the Canucks. If Demko is healthy do they risk taking out a red hot Silovs for an untested Demko?

If I'm the Canucks I play Silovs till he loses, and Oilers play Pickard till he has a stinker game. But knowing the Oilers they'll go right back to Skinner.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think it will be Skinner. Am I happy about that? No, but I wouldn't be happy with Picard either. Do I think it should be Skinner? I have no godly idea. Skinner usually bounces back, but he also doesn't usually lay an egg in two of three games.

What about the Canucks. If Demko is healthy do they risk taking out a red hot Silovs for an untested Demko?

If I'm the Canucks I play Silvos till he loses, and Oilers play Pickard till he has a stinker game. But knowing the Oilers they'll go right back to Skinner.
If I'm the Canucks, I don't play Demko in game 4 unless he is 100% ready, and I don't think he is, or he would have played yesterday. I would let him sit to heal up some more, but if Edmonton wins game 4, I seriously consider starting Demko in game 5.

Reactions: PuckG

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

If I'm the Canucks I play Silovs till he loses, and Oilers play Pickard till he has a stinker game. But knowing the Oilers they'll go right back to Skinner.
I have to think the day that Demko is cleared to play he plays. Silovs is a nice story, but this series is 3-0 with Demko in net. You go with your superstar goalie the first chance you can.

My guess is that is game 5 or 6.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think they probably go Skinner. Series is only 2-1 and if they want to go further they’ll need him to step up.

I think you only start Demko if he’s 100% or you’re down to an elimination game at this point. But if he’s 100% he definitely starts over Silovs, who’s done well but clearly isn’t the same quality goalie

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think it will be Skinner unfortunately, I hope I am dead wrong though. I realize the Oilers do not have any other ideal options but the Oilers just need a goalie that can at least consistently make average, routine saves, I would hope even Pickard could do that. I don't expect all-world goaltending.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think it will be Skinner unfortunately, I hope I am dead wrong though. I realize the Oilers do not have any other ideal options but the Oilers just need a goalie that can at least consistently make average, routine saves, I would hope even Pickard could do that. I don't expect all-world goaltending.
Ugh. I felt the same way last season about Game 3 or 4 vs vegas. It was clear that he wasn't up to the task but they kept going back to the skinner well.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
link

Looks like the Oilers are going with Pickard. That's pretty unreal to see both teams going with their 3rd stringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad