GDT: Oilers @ Senators - 4 PM - SN West

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
You can’t possibly blame that first goal on Skinner. Maybe if big 73 had a clue how to defend guys wouldn’t be getting wide open looks from ten feet in front of the net.
Not my fault Skinner

I forgot he never has to make a save, his team has to bail him out

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Desharnais needs to hit the IR. Leafs knew he couldn't be aggressive with his injury and it showed. He does not have the talent to play through injury.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
What sucks the life out of the team? Going down 1-0 every game on the first or second shot because our goalie isnt ready to start the game
Yeah but stus a “battler”. Just “sticking with it” so he doesn’t let up the 3rd goal in 10 shots

Desharnais needs to hit the IR. Leafs knew he couldn't be aggressive with his injury and it showed. He does not have the talent to play through injury.
There was no reason to play. Bonehead decision by the coach/mgmt

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You can’t possibly blame that first goal on Skinner. Maybe if big 73 had a clue how to defend guys wouldn’t be getting wide open looks from ten feet in front of the net.
Exactly. It was a bang bang play that he or any other goalie would have had no chance on. The only way he stops it, is if it hits him, which is likely what the Oilers would do if they were the ones shooting it. Have no idea what the hell Desharnais was doing on that.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Not my fault Skinner

I forgot he never has to make a save, his team has to bail him out
I’m not a big fan of Skinner. I’ve called him out plenty. But there’s a set of realistic expectations we should have for which pucks need to get stopped. That was a bang bang pass and shoot from a really good spot. It probably goes in seven times out of ten regardless of who is in goal.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
There's no way the oilers PP is second in the whole league? But it looks so awful?

Its become stale as their always looking for either Draisaitl or Bouchard and Hyman on a rebound/tip, McDavid and Nuge are not much of a threat for a shot. Their puck recovery is decent with the play back to the point to Bouchard or Nuge which is a shame, as when they get it back their intentions are very clear that teams box out their options and they fail to move the puck quickly to try and move the PKers out of position. Seams to be relying on the past performance that they to don't need to innovate,

Last edited:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I’m not a big fan of Skinner. I’ve called him out plenty. But there’s a set of realistic expectations we should have for which pucks need to get stopped. That was a bang bang pass and shoot from a really good spot. It probably goes in seven times out of ten regardless of who is in goal.
I think before yesterday he had a.940 save percentage over the past seven games

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why? He is backup level. No team is going to make him a starter. You think the Oilers are giving him a raw deal and he is pissed off?
Rodriguez will not pass waivers and we still got Campbell. Pickard staying past this season is very unlikely.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Rodriguez will not pass waivers and we still got Campbell. Pickard staying past this season is very unlikely.
At this point, I'm sure Pickard is absolutely thrilled to death with any and all chances he is getting this year. Probably more than at any other time during the last 9 years of his lengthy but sporadic NHL career. But, yes, unless something happens with 2 others, very unlikely he's here.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

Why wouldn't Rodriguez pass through waivers? He has 0 NHL games, and isn't some blue chip prospect...

Not saying we should keep Pickard, but I think we are overvaluing how good Rodriguez is.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why wouldn't Rodriguez pass through waivers? He has 0 NHL games, and isn't some blue chip prospect...

Not saying we should keep Pickard, but I think we are overvaluing how good Rodriguez is.
We may very well be, but if you get a chance to pick up a young goalie for nothing but a waiver fee, who has been trending up the last couple seasons, I'm sure there would be plenty of interest in him to take a flyer.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton

At this point I'd rather see Rodrigue Sr. come up and Schwartz being sent packing with out being able to take the stapler from his office.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I'd give Holloway, Gagner and Broberg a few games before the playoffs. Ol' man Perry needs a rest. Kane should sit a game or two but that won't happen. A bit of game management, competition and rotation. Get everyone sharp. Pickard should be the starter today.
Edit: even if they remain a Black Ace, good to get a couple of games in

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
100%
There was far too much of that against the Leafs.

I'd give Holloway, Gagner and Broberg a few games before the playoffs. Ol' man Perry needs a rest. Kane should sit a game or two but that won't happen. A bit of game management, competition and rotation. Get everyone sharp. Pickard should be the starter today.
Edit: even if they remain a Black Ace, good to get a couple of games in
I thought that Perry might have been the best forward in last nights game.
He is getting better as the season rolls along which really isnt a surprise when you consider that the has only played 40 games (in total) so far this season.
I would leave Perry in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad