Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kings coach has the audacity to complain to the refs after the kings pulled shit like this all night.
Hiller needs to get fired. I hear he's only interim but is it accidental that the Kings are so unglued and their coach is too? Doesn't look like the right guy. Will be guaranteed fired if he doesn't give Talbot a rest. They gotta go with Rittich in game 4. Would also throw in Brant Clarke. Or Movarare. Take Spencer out.

just an edit but I think the Tochet thing will eventually go sideways too. What a meatball team. Its tempting fate again in Vancouvre having idiots like Zadorov and Dakota Joshua running around. Lots of attempts to injure and what a joke Dakota gets 2mins instead of the original 5 while Nashville loses a player to serious injury.

Hiller and Tochet seem to be having some trouble controlling their bench.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah it was a good move tonight but very situational because if the energy isn’t there for those two and they aren’t constantly moving the feet then the two of them together can be a liability sometimes.

Tonights Leon is my favourite version. Not cheating for chances, not getting out of position looking for odd man breaks. Just making smart plays, using his body effectively , getting his feet moving and most importantly just really taking it personal when the other team embarrasses you a bit defensively.

Back when I used to play hockey I looooved scoring but at a certain point I realized that scoring was a great feeling but what felt even better was taking that feeling from others. Eventually I enjoyed stripping opponents of that feeling better then I liked the feeling of actually scoring and those were the years I felt like I was the best hockey player I could be.
I'm far more inclined to play Kane top six ice-time. He affects the game in so many ways with his hard, physical and greasy skill game. There's risk in his game as you point up but so many ways he can help this team. Agree about Draisaitl, much more urgency in his game in all zones. Beast mode in the face off dot to drive the critical puck possession component of their team game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm far more inclined to play Kane top six ice-time. He affects the game in so many ways with his hard, physical and greasy skill game. There's risk in his game as you point up but so many ways he can help this team. Agree about Draisaitl, much more urgency in his game in all zones. Beast mode in the face off dot to drive the critical puck possession component of their team game.
Beast mode indeed...Driasaitl won 11 of 15 faceoffs....73%

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That was about as good of a bounceback game on the road as you could ask for.

Skinner was solid.
PK was extremely good.
Oilers best players were once again the best players and when that happens the team wins.

Refs did their best early on to game manage the Kings back into the game by ignoring blatant Kings penalties and when that failed... Kings got even dirtier and the game got out of hand and started getting dangerous... which we all knew would happen.

Hopefully the Oilers can stay healthy without any major injuries because that's the main goal of the Kings... to injure players because they can't compete with the Oilers in terms of skill/talent... the only way the Kings will win games is when the Oilers hand chances repeatedly on a plate to them.

Play this way the rest of the way and this will be a 5 game series.

I expect a lot more dirt from the Kings as injuring key Oilers is literally the only way they have a chance in this series.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Hiller needs to get fired. I hear he's only interim but is it accidental that the Kings are so unglued and their coach is too? Doesn't look like the right guy. Will be guaranteed fired if he doesn't give Talbot a rest. They gotta go with Hiller in game 4. Would also throw in Brant Clarke. Or Movarare. Take Spencer out.
Yep. I get going to bat for your guys but when they have clearly been undisciplined and you still blow your top it’s counter productive.

The only way LA wins this series is if they keep the deadly Oiler PP off the ice. He should be yelling at his players not the refs.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
NHL scoring stats still not updated. Its lol worthy. Game has been over for hours now. It must hurt them to put all these Oilers in topten updated.

Wheres Matthews at. lolol

Matthews 3 pts, McDavid 9 pts

1x.webp

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yep. I get going to bat for your guys but when they have clearly been undisciplined and you still blow your top it’s counter productive.

The only way LA wins this series is if they keep the deadly Oiler PP off the ice. He should be yelling at his players not the refs.
Yell at himself. He's the one that continued with the diamond pk. Its not too sparkling. Said before the series they cannot run that against us. But he's doing it, still doing it. I could see it being difficult to make adjustment after game 1 but at home they should've changed it up to standard box.

But the biggest travesty is not controlling your team. There wasn't even a time out. Very clear that Kings were just unravelling. In fairness though the 5 on 3 was a bit odd. Shit really went south there.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Yell at himself. He's the one that continued with the diamond pk. Its not too sparkling. Said before the series they cannot run that against us. But he's doing it, still doing it. I could see it being difficult to make adjustment after game 1 but at home they should've changed it up to standard box.

But the biggest travesty is not controlling your team. There wasn't even a time out. Very clear that Kings were just unravelling. In fairness though the 5 on 3 was a bit odd. Shit really went south there.
I liked how he went with the 1-3-1 until they were down 3-0. What a terrible strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad