Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They have 4 centres in the top 6 lol. That's not the issue, but Knobby did play Holloway at centre near the end of the third so keep an eye out for that.
Lol I know it’s not. I’m being sarcastic. Sorry my bad though, you’d have to know my posting history to get the joke.

Reactions: McDoused

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think the lines stay the same, but don't forget Brown also like penalties. And as far as a penalty-killing 4C goes, we still have Ryan sitting and available.
Carrick is clearly better than Ryan at this stage of the latter's career. Brown lost his job to Holloway, not Carrick.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Wholy shit. I don't think I've ever seen this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426-235309.png
    Screenshot_20240426-235309.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He didn't get the Taylor Swifty treatment tonight. Pretty sure he must not have been there. Maybe he didn't get the makeup right.
I joked during the game if he fell off the band wagon. But I was expecting to see him. Was he really not there though? Did anyone see him tonight?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Edmonton with 8.5 expected goals in this game lmfao.

We scored 6 and statistically Talbot was good.
Its strange even that Talbot made the best save in the game on a close in deflection. Yikes, that was actually hard. To say that he got no help today from Doughtys opening miscue on is about it.

Doughty has had two pretty bad games in this series. Sure he's scored a couple. But he's mentally been short circuiting.

Kings PP though, man, its awful. What is Hiller looking at? That unit don't work and they aren't even getting the puck to Kempe. Fiala botched 7 plays on PP tonight. He's so inside his own head he's useless.

Kings not making any adjustments, still using the pk diamond as well. Hiller looks to be not very good.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I am exaggerating, but he was on the receiving end of big hits several times. He blew up the defensive coverage, which led to a goal against, scored a goal, and got into a fight. He was in the thick of things, but it's not like he was having a great game.
He also assisted Leon's first.

Was he the best player on the ice? I wouldn't say so, there is a handful of future HOF'ers on the ice after all. But if you don't think he made a major positive impact, worthy of any teams top 6, then your just wrong.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Yup he was dialed it. Really great two way game. I think Kane was also an adrenaline dart for line 2 when he was moved up. Really helped that line to play a hard, aggressive forecheck game.
Yeah it was a good move tonight but very situational because if the energy isn’t there for those two and they aren’t constantly moving the feet then the two of them together can be a liability sometimes.

Tonights Leon is my favourite version. Not cheating for chances, not getting out of position looking for odd man breaks. Just making smart plays, using his body effectively , getting his feet moving and most importantly just really taking it personal when the other team embarrasses you a bit defensively.

Back when I used to play hockey I looooved scoring but at a certain point I realized that scoring was a great feeling but what felt even better was taking that feeling from others. Eventually I enjoyed stripping opponents of that feeling better then I liked the feeling of actually scoring and those were the years I felt like I was the best hockey player I could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad