Speculation: Oilers preparing to offer sheet an RFA Defenseman?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
With the buyout of Lori Korpiskoski today the Oilers will be sitting with 14.4 million in cap space(not including 3.25m for Ference on LTIR all season).
Current Projected Defence

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

EDIT: Yes, I meant Larsson. It's bad enough he's on the top pair but I still have to add Fayne on the roster was worse

Tyson Barrie, Michael Stone, Matthew Dumba, Cody Ceci, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Connor Murphy.

Which teams would be the most vulnerable?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I thought Barrie is arbitration eligible? He can't be sent an offer sheet IIRC.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Didn't you guys just get larsson, why is Fayne double shifted.

A Os thread not involving lindholm :)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wouldn't make sense to offer sheet Dumba unless Chiarelli's only goal is to get the Wild to sign Dumba at a higher price/longer contract than what the Wild intend to sign him for. Wild would match any realistic offers, and any offer that would send us the picks it'd take for us to not match, the Oilers would not do.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
With the buyout of Lori Korpiskoski today the Oilers will be sitting with 14.4 million in cap space(not including 3.25m for Ference on LTIR all season).

Klefbom-Fayne
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

Tyson Barrie, Michael Stone, Matthew Dumba, Cody Ceci, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Connor Murphy.

Umm you forgot Larsson in your projected D....or are fans trying to pretend that didn't happen yesterday?:laugh:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Just traded Taylor Hall for a guy you forgot about less than 24 hours later. That should tell you all you need to know about that trade.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Klefbom-Fayne
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

Minnesota would definitely be more vulnerable seeing that they only have $14 million to spend on 9 players. No way wouldn't Arizona match on a Mike Stone deal with all the cap they've. Plus Buffalo would easily match an offer sheet on Ristolainen as well.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We have no 2nd round pick next year. Don't think there is any realistic offer sheet the Oilers would be able to make for the type of D they would want to add.

I guess long shot would be trying to give Dumba a 5M AAV deal, something they would hope Minny just feels is unrealistic to commit to, and giving up a 1st and 3rd. But, not sure if the ill will is worth it, or that cap hit for Dumba.

Edit: nvm, never caught that Oilers can slide their 2nd rounder another year.

Last edited:

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

EDIT: Yes, I meant Larsson. It's bad enough he's on the top pair but I still have to add Fayne on the roster was worse

Nurse would be on 3rd pairing, not Fayne

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Minnesota would definitely be more vulnerable seeing that they only have $14 million to spend on 9 players. No way wouldn't Arizona match on a Mike Stone deal with all the cap they've. Plus Buffalo would easily match an offer sheet on Ristolainen as well.
Arizona might have the cap space but do they have the budget?

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
apparently they inquired about Ristolainen. Hope they don't offer sheet him. Waste of everyone's time.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
so the Oilers buying out Korpikoski = preparing for an offersheet??

Maybe they are freeing up the space for Lucic, Demers or any other UFA ..
you know with free agency less than a day away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad