Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-2 in OT to San Jose

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
As much as people are going to come here and call for certain players heads, we didn't even deserve a point tonight, so that's a plus. The whole team played below average.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
As much as people are going to come here and call for certain players heads, we didn't even deserve a point tonight, so that's a plus. The whole team played below average.

Agreed. Except Talbot who saved our skins. This game could very easily have been over in the first period

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I like Luc at 5 on 5 and on the PP.

He has no business playing 3 on 3.

BUT...

Im choosing to be positive tonight.

This team being 2nd in the division at Christmas is a pretty great Christmas present.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
3 on 3 isn't a skill game. Not at all.

It's a 'pass the puck around until a tired defender loses his man' game and I'm really not a fan.

Anyway, didn't deserve the 1 point we got so I'll take it and move on.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
To be honest I'm not even mad. Just keep getting points and stay in the race. Yeah losing this one sucks but we're second in the Pacific and it's Christmas. This is SO much better than years previous I'll take it.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
3 game swing against two of the best in the west and the team that dominates us more than any other. I'll take the 5 points. Very successful road trip before the break.

Burger Baron

Feb 6, 2013
Vancouver
Klefbom should not have been on the ice at all in OT. He was garbage all game long.

Lucic should NEVER be on the ice in OT

McDavid flying the zone on a 3v3 when we don't have the puck?????

It was a Christmas miracle that game wasn't 7-0. Oh well, we got a point

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Glad to pick up a point. SJ deserved the win.

Nice push back by the Oilers in the third. They played a decent game. More offense would of been nice in the first 2 periods, but they didnt really give SJ much either. No reason to really be upset over this game. Not going to win them all.

Get some rest boys and come back hungry.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Rock solid game from Brandon Davidson.

And I think it's time to put an end to the Drake Caggiula fantasy camp for now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I know the Sharks are good but this is the worst game the Oilers played all year, I didn't like the effort from the group at all. Take the point and run.

On another note, Klefbom has been poor all season outside of a few stretches. There's just no urgency in his game.

At least they have set themselves up pretty well for a playoff run and this point will help. The team needs to show more urgency, too lackadasical from too many players.

JSlick

Oct 17, 2016
Edmonton
Klef should have been benched after that 2nd goal, Gregg Popovich style.

Also PP was god damn atrocious.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well if Mclellan learned anything it's to not put Lucic on the ice 3 on 3

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Oilers of the past decade collect 2 points at most on this road trip. Almost everyone contributed to collect 5 and sit 6 games above 0.500 at the Xmas break.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Do we really HAVE to play slow forwards in a 5 min OT? Maybe if it was 10 mins, but I'm pretty sure we have enough guys on this team to never need Lucic out there over 5 minutes of play. Or Letestu for that matter.

honkerhitter

Feb 27, 2016
I like Luc at 5 on 5 and on the PP.

He has no business playing 3 on 3.

BUT...

Im choosing to be positive tonight.

This team being 2nd in the division at Christmas is a pretty great Christmas present.

Hey bud you work for the CRA???
Ahh you edited before I quoted!!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
-Oilers had TWO PPs to finish the Sharks off and couldn't do it...did they get a shot?
-Lucic with an epic flyby...just brutal

-take the undeserved Bettman point and move on

-5 out of 6 points against 3 TOUGH teams is impressive (yes, mentally the Yotes is a very tough game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad