Speculation: Oilers interested in Eller and Desharnais

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Personaly I would be more interrested in a player like eric stall than talor hall. I beleive that stall would make are team a cup contender right away. He is a former stanley cup champion and a born leader.

i would trade eller,DD,beaulieu,1st in 15

hey might seem like alot but we are getting a number one center in return.

No way.

That is Mc D trade 1000x worst.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Seems like MikeT's hot air balloon from November is leading every fan base to think an Oiler player can be had. Sounds like a contraction feeding frenzy.

Bergevin is not in the business of overpaying, nor hypothecating our future. If something happens with Edmonton, it will probably involve some other team.

It's a fun exercise to throw names around, but that's about it. Beats the usual DD lightning rod posts and first world problems like worrying about which millionaire is best suited to be a captain.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Without a doubt. Hall was a PPG+ player at Chucky's age.

No he wasn't. He wasn't even a PPG player let alone a PPG+ player.

171 games played 145 points. Seasons, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13. I don't know what math you took but the old fashion math I had tells me he was .85 player.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
And even at that do you really think the Oilers would accept that deal?

Nope. Edmonton isn't trading Hall just to prolong their rebuild. They're going to want pieces (or at least a big piece) that can help now. Eller and Desharnais are not really those guys, Tinordi's still a prospect, and the picks are just more futures.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
No he wasn't. He wasn't even a PPG player let alone a PPG+ player.

171 games played 145 points. Seasons, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13. I don't know what math you took but the old fashion math I had tells me he was .85 player.

In his third season he had 50pts in 45 games.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Galchenyuk for Hall straight up, do you do it?

No.

But that mostly because I'm of the opinion that hall has a 5 cent hockey iq and every time I see him I'm reminded that he is a stupid hockey player. Can be game breaking but dumb.

I'd keep Gally no questions asked. Also center > winger

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Nope. Edmonton isn't trading Hall just to prolong their rebuild. They're going to want pieces (or at least a big piece) that can help now. Eller and Desharnais are not really those guys, Tinordi's still a prospect, and the picks are just more futures.

How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

We might have to add another piece but i would start with that.

We may feel some pain this year. Patches may be a better player than Hall but next year will be a big payoff.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

Take out Hall and Patches and let's say it's even, which I still think the Oilers would want that little extra. Would you accept as a GM DD, Beaulieu and a late 1st round pick in the 20-25 range if not more for the possible 1st overall pick?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

We may feel some pain this year. Patches may be a better player than Hall but next year will be a big payoff.

I think you're getting closer. Maybe Eller instead of DD and another prospect like Fucale or JDLR or Reway would do it.

It all depends on how much value Edmonton places on their pick. If it's looking like the pick that'll land them McDavid/Eichel, I'm not sure they make that trade at any price.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Take out Hall and Patches and let's say it's even, which I still think the Oilers would want that little extra. Would you accept as a GM DD, Beaulieu and a late 1st round pick in the 20-25 range if not more for the possible 1st overall pick?

Assuming Edmonton's first rounder is the first overall pick (which isn't guaranteed, given the changes in the drafting rules being implemented this year), I can't see them trading a pick that allows for a generational-type player to be had.

They can profit far more from selecting McDavid and then trading him at a later time, for a much better return than Beaulieu and the Habs' probable late first rounder.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

i would laugh at that offer. if i was edmonton i ask for galchenyuk starting.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

I do that from a Habs prospective. From EDM no, unless they figure this trade helps them soon and prevents that pick from being McDavid.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Bergevin hangs up after hearing the ch in Galch.....

I'm not giving away our #1 centre. How long have we been looking for a big centre in MTL? No deal.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Even though you guys heard me moan and gripe about Patches, I think he just may be better than Hall......right now....as a hockey player and as a contract. So wouldn't that represent that little extra.

Another thing. Edmonton doesn't need another prospect. they've had what 3-4 #1picks? They need players that can bring experience. leadership and stability to their young line up. DD & Patches would do that. And As I said, it would be an opening bid. i would be willing to throw in another pick or prospect.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Personaly I would be more interrested in a player like eric stall than talor hall. I beleive that stall would make are team a cup contender right away. He is a former stanley cup champion and a born leader.

i would trade eller,DD,beaulieu,1st in 15

hey might seem like alot but we are getting a number one center in return.

LOL that would possibly be worse than McD trade. Our current top centre will be better than Staal by next year, and arguably is already better.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Even though you guys heard me moan and gripe about Patches, I think he just may be better than Hall......right now....as a hockey player and as a contract. So wouldn't that represent that little extra.

Another thing. Edmonton doesn't need another prospect. they've had what 3-4 #1picks? They need players that can bring experience. leadership and stability to their young line up. DD & Patches would do that. And As I said, it would be an opening bid. i would be willing to throw in another pick or prospect.

Agreed but guys like Eller and DD are not players you would be targetting if you were the Oilers GM in exchange for the pick. Also at the same time Tinordi and Beaulieu could bust for all we know, so in that case they're better off keeping the pick and drafting

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Exactly and that's the problem. We can't really afford to deal him. Maybe we would be able to get away with Gallagher ++++++ but is that something Bergevin is willing to do since the kid is pretty popular and just signed a long term extension.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
How hard is it to understand? If you want Hall, you have to give someone significant. Price, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk need to be in the deal. We are obviously not ready or interested in dealing any of those 4. So forget about Hall. Sorry for bursting your bubbles. They better trade all the other youngsters and keep Hall then trade him for scrubs.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Agreed but guys like Eller and DD are not players you would be targetting if you were the Oilers GM in exchange for the pick. Also at the same time Tinordi and Beaulieu could bust for all we know, so in that case they're better off keeping the pick and drafting

The way Tinordi & Beaulieu would bust, their pick could turn out to be another young inexperienced prospect. So it's a flip of the coin.

If they want experience, leadership and stability they're gonna have to pay for it. Or wait for 4-5 years till their players develop it. If they'll ever get it considering the circus they're running there.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
How hard is it to understand? If you want Hall, you have to give someone significant. Price, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk need to be in the deal. We are obviously not ready or interested in dealing any of those 4. So forget about Hall. Sorry for bursting your bubbles. They better trade all the other youngsters and keep Hall then trade him for scrubs.

Agreed and before anything like that happens they should hire a new GM

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The way Tinordi & Beaulieu would bust, their pick could turn out to be another young inexperienced prospect. So it's a flip of the coin.

If they want experience, leadership and stability they're gonna have to pay for it.

If that's what they want they could also go the UFA route like they did with Ference and Pouliot ( just that they went after the wrong players )

If you want a franchise player, you need to pay for it, and I don't think it's guys like Eller and DD that would get it done

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
With all the rumors around Hall being a headcase/uncoachable player, why would we want to trade our captain to become for him?

Regardless of talent, we KNOW Pacioretty is a good fit here. We're not in a position to trade a bunch of our depth and assets for a marginal upgrade on the wings. Our current core is good enough to take us to the cup. What we need is flesh around the bone, if you will. Anyone suggesting trading any of Price/Subban/Pacioretty/Galchenyuk is out of his mind as far as I'm concerned.

Hall isn't half the two-way player Pac is either.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
How about:

Mtl
Patches
DD
Beaulieu
'15 1st Round

Edmonton
Hall
'15 1st Round

why not add in price and fucale as well

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

A lot of us have been saying the same thing, but you know, if it's on a previous page, it doesn't matter any more. :sarcasm:

I don't think we're a fit for EDM but stranger things have happened.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
With all the rumors around Hall being a headcase/uncoachable player, why would we want to trade our captain to become for him?

Regardless of talent, we KNOW Pacioretty is a good fit here. We're not in a position to trade a bunch of our depth and assets for a marginal upgrade on the wings. Our current core is good enough to take us to the cup. What we need is flesh around the bone, if you will. Anyone suggesting trading any of Price/Subban/Pacioretty/Galchenyuk is out of his mind as far as I'm concerned.

Hall isn't half the two-way player Pac is either.

Totally agree, plus I also don't think we are players in the McDavid or Eichel hunt. Our window to win begins now, so we are in top-up mode and not tear down/rebuild mode.

If we can add an Eberle without destroying our core, fine, but Taylor Hall is not a proven winner in my books and thus not worth trading a Patches or Chuckie for!!

Edmonton can keep rotting as far as I am concerned, the Habs are not there to bail them out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad