Pre-Game Talk: Oilers@Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
blew 4 leads against SJ
blew a 2 goal lead last game
starting Crawford over Lehner?

we are generational at the sneaky throw!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, Crawford doesn’t have experience playing in a timeshare like Lehner. He has always said he needs to play to get into a groove. Colliton is probably just looking for Crow to shake the rust off early in the season before going to more of a split.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Let's play the worse goaltender against one of the hottest teams in the league.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Keith-Seabrook pairing from JC yet.

Reactions: wahsnairb

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I was all on board that Q was past his expiration date and had to go but when Bowman brought in a guy who was younger than some of our core vets my concern was the inmates would control the asylum. So far this looks to be the case. When I watch Colliton behind the bench he looks terrified, scared to even move or breathe. Its certainly possible no coach could win much with this roster but for sure they need someone who could command respect from vets who have won multiple cups. This coach just doesn’t have the pedigree or personality to get that respect.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I was all on board that Q was past his expiration date and had to go but when Bowman brought in a guy who was younger than some of our core vets my concern was the inmates would control the asylum. So far this looks to be the case. When I watch Colliton behind the bench he looks terrified, scared to even move or breathe. Its certainly possible no coach could win much with this roster but for sure they need someone who could command respect from vets who have won multiple cups. This coach just doesn’t have the pedigree or personality to get that respect.
It seems like that is what's happening.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not joking. My thoughts exactly.
Confirmed on Twitter (Roumeliotis) that Crawford is in net tonight.

oh my, really beginning to get worried about JC, either he has no clue or someone is telling him who to play and not to play.

Crow has no business playing this game after his two and Lehners one; not to mention the lineups for the last game made absolutely no sense.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

They brought in Marc Crawford for that.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
oh my, really beginning to get worried about JC, either he has no clue or someone is telling him who to play and not to play.

Crow has no business playing this game after his two and Lehners one; not to mention the lineups for the last game made absolutely no sense.
They're the same except Nylander in for Perlini. Don't like it.

20-19-92 on the top line. DO IT JC!

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Agreed. I want to be open-minded, but JC isn’t earning the benefit of the doubt.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
They're the same except Nylander in for Perlini. Don't like it.

20-19-92 on the top line. DO IT JC!

why would smith be playing? Marc Crawford taking over as head coach it looks like.... he has no business being in the lineup he has done nothing at all. here is what I would role with as posted in the JC thread (same top line as your asking for);

Saad-Toews-Nylander
Kubalik-Shaw-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Cagguila-Kampf-Carpenter

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They brought in an assistant coach to get the respect a young head coach won’t get? Sounds backwards to me

Crawford is there to teach Colliton and back up his message. There is only so much coaching can do. If the core is looking around and surmising the team doesn’t have the talent needed to contend, they’re not always going to give 100%. It sucks, but that’s the reality of having holdovers from a dynasty. Many teams trade their vets when they rebuild because they know those guys only want to play on winning teams.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Crawford is there to teach Colliton and back up his message. There is only so much coaching can do. If the core is looking around and surmising the team doesn’t have the talent needed to contend, they’re not always going to give 100%. It sucks, but that’s the reality of having holdovers from a dynasty. Many teams trade their vets when they rebuild because they know those guys only want to play on winning teams.
I agree that is a major issue. These vets have been through wars, won championships. How motivated are they to go all out when they are on a team that won’t contend? Its a real problem and its compounded by such a young coach who’s message might get tuned out by vet players who think they know more and don’t respect him.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I agree that is a major issue. These vets have been through wars, won championships. How motivated are they to go all out when they are on a team that won’t contend? Its a real problem and its compounded by such a young coach who’s message might get tuned out by vet players who think they know more and don’t respect him.
Seabrook and Toews are going nowhere. Kane and Keith are moveable. If the Vets aren't going to buy in this has to be discussed.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Seabrook and Toews are going nowhere. Kane and Keith are moveable. If the Vets aren't going to buy in this has to be discussed.

Keith should have been moved a long time ago. No idea why they held onto him so long. Same with Crawford. If he needs to play a lot to succeed, he should not be here. It would also serve as a wake up call to the remaining core to move one or two out.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I give it 10 games before JC has to make the decision on whether he likes his job or the vets.

Seabrook should not be playing.
Lehner should get the majority of starts.
Keith’s minutes should be limited

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Keith should have been moved a long time ago. No idea why they held onto him so long. Same with Crawford. If he needs to play a lot to succeed, he should not be here. It would also serve as a wake up call to the remaining core to move one or two out.
If they're going to move members of the core as much as it pains me, it should be Kane that's first to go. He has the most value and should still command a haul in return. Keith and Crawford should be next.

Vaive27

Oct 14, 2019
Exactly right. Also I don't think the hunger for another cup is there with the core. They won 3 cups so the hunger has gone down a little. It's human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad