GDT: Oilers @ Flames 8pm MT CBC

How many points does McDavid score tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the one thing I fear is that the Flames will know they have little chance to win, and just slow the game down as much as possible. Just don't push for offense and play a shell the whole game. They'd still lose, but only lose by like 1 goal in a 1-0 game, or even win by that margin.

Reactions: Aerrol and McDrai

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Flames have lost 7 in a row and have been outscored 33-8 over that span. They’ve basically been blown out in every game. Of course their last win was a 1-0 win over us lol.

Honestly this game screams Oilers loss to me. Our last couple games have been putrid defensively. Perfect cure for the flames scoring woes. And the oilers sure do seem to take bad teams lightly for some reason considering we’re so often worse.
I don't even expect a win. I thought they would blow out Vancouver.

Reactions: McDrai

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nice work on the GDT. Love what you did with the D and Jankowski. Hilarious.

Big game for McD. Statement game for the Hart Trophy discussion. Give the voters no choice.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Big game for McD. Statement game for the Hart Trophy discussion. Give the voters no choice.
Love him racking up points as much as anybody, but in all honesty this game is as meaningless as they get. Sure he's been lighting it up against teams fighting for a playoff spot, but this game truly is a nothing game. Flames have checked out from the season.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Nuge has missed a couple practices now. Any word on why? He did play last game.

Edit: Never mind, I saw the same tweet twice lmao

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I bet $50,000 hf pretend dollars on the oilers.
If the oilers don't whup the flames tonight, they really are useless pieces of crap who deserve our hatred and scorn.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I bet $50,000 hf pretend dollars on the oilers.
If the oilers don't whup the flames tonight, they really are useless pieces of crap who deserve our hatred and scorn.
I hope you didn't bet everything you had if you have kids and a waifu...
That is about as reckless as being born into a flames fan household.

"No Felicity, you can not enjoy the oilers and their majestic history... if you try, you will transform into one of those evil demons who constantly have diarrhea from eating too much pizza from Little Caesars, CP sez so".

latest

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Flames are tanking for a better draft pick...in the fourth round.

Those two trades still have me scratching my head how the league allowed Treliving to (potentially) trade the Flames' 2nd round pick in this draft to two separate teams in two different deals. In the Smith deal, Treliving sent a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2018 draft to the Coyotes and the condition was if the Flames made the playoffs (now a moot point) it became a 2018 second round pick.

Then he trades for Hamonic and outright gives Snow the 2018 second round pick.

0.1% of me wanted to see the Flames make the playoffs just too see how the league would have sorted that mess out.

Hilarious how a non-playoff team threw away early round draft picks like bread crumbs at a duck pond, couldn't have happened to a better franchise and management team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Going to the game...hoping to see McDavid and RNH put on a clinic. Wouldn't mind a much better (more engaged and invested) game from Draisaitl either. :nod:

Expecting a ton of Orange and Blue in the stands. :D
Honestly cant see them losing this game.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Flames will probably get an emotional lift from Gaudreau returning.

Doesn't really matter, completely meaningless game, we already won the season series with them anyway.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There's absolutely no way the Oilers should lose. But then again, its the Oilers. We'll see what happens.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Those two trades still have me scratching my head how the league allowed Treliving to (potentially) trade the Flames' 2nd round pick in this draft to two separate teams in two different deals. In the Smith deal, Treliving sent a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2018 draft to the Coyotes and the condition was if the Flames made the playoffs (now a moot point) it became a 2018 second round pick.

Then he trades for Hamonic and outright gives Snow the 2018 second round pick.

0.1% of me wanted to see the Flames make the playoffs just too see how the league would have sorted that mess out.

Hilarious how a non-playoff team threw away early round draft picks like bread crumbs at a duck pond, couldn't have happened to a better franchise and management team.
Wasnt the 2nd conditional on them making the playoffs and missing the playoffs? 2 separate conditions?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wasnt the 2nd conditional on them making the playoffs and missing the playoffs? 2 separate conditions?

Everything I've read and seen on the Smith deal was:

Hickey, rights to Chad Johnson and a conditional 2018 3rd round pick for Smith. The condition was it became the Flames' 2018 second round pick if the Flames made the playoffs this season. Since they didn't make it, Calgary gives up the 3rd.

The Hamonic trade was:
2018 first (no conditions)
2018 second (no conditions)
2019 conditional second, which can be moved to 2020.

That's what would have made it interesting IF they made the playoffs as Treliving sold the 2018 pick in the Hamonic deal with no attached conditions on it. If they made it, the Coyotes would also be entitled to the Flames 2nd round pick per the Smith trade.

But as I said, it's a moot point as they didn't make it anyhow :laugh:.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sure would be special to see McDavid go God mode tonight and close the gap between him and Ovi.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Everything I've read and seen on the Smith deal was:

Hickey, rights to Chad Johnson and a conditional 2018 3rd round pick for Smith. The condition was it became the Flames' 2018 second round pick if the Flames made the playoffs this season. Since they didn't make it, Calgary gives up the 3rd.

The Hamonic trade was:
2018 first (no conditions)
2018 second (no conditions)
2019 conditional second, which can be moved to 2020.

That's what would have made it interesting IF they made the playoffs as Treliving sold the 2018 pick in the Hamonic deal with no attached conditions on it. If they made it, the Coyotes would also be entitled to the Flames 2nd round pick per the Smith trade.

But as I said, it's a moot point as they didn't make it anyhow :laugh:.

Christ - what a crock of typical league s**t if that was allowed. Even if they missed it. You're right it would have been VERY interesting to see how they untangled themselves.

Reactions: McFuhryous

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
We are going to lose. Their "better than Karlsson" defender, Kylington will be playing. Another norris candidate.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Christ - what a crock of typical league s**t if that was allowed. Even if they missed it. You're right it would have been VERY interesting to see how they untangled themselves.

In a way it all worked out. They may as well not even show up until the Sunday of the draft now lol. No picks in the first 3 rounds for a team that failed to make the playoffs.

Those two trades could be very crippling for that franchise going forward.

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad