Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Leaked jersey pictures soon?

Edit

Woof

So ugly. They'd be going from one of the best to the absolute worst in the league by a country mile. :( Hopefully that's not the real one.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Leaked jersey pictures soon?

Edit

Woof

I can say with confidence, that's not the jersey.

Look at what the Oilers posted.

Notice the white at the top of the jersey is very thin, and there lots of blue on top. Very different from icethetics fake post.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The blue numbers with white trim in the blog post is also opposite from the white letters with the blue trim.
That collar on the blog post jersey, though! LMAO. Looks like a sci-fi tracking collar or something.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
If that's it I'm going to be absolutely pissed at Bob Nicholson and Adidas turned a great jersey into one that's on par with the pajama jerseys.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Think they will be more like these. I hate the orange jerseys, but I prefer the white numbers to the blue they currently have.

IMG_DBE8C0-355379-C5E22C-AA4C7C-276B45-C798DE.jpg

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I love icethetics, but that's not real. I'm thinking it's probably a prototype that was scrapped early on in the process.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Makes sense that the leaked jersey is just a prototype. I'd be shocked if they didn't make a dozen different jerseys so they could see how they look in real life.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm less concerned about our Jersey and more concerned about the Flames jersey. Adidas needs to get that Alberta flag off the shoulder. That's always pissed me off, they aren't even the Capital.

I think the blue will look good!

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm less concerned about our Jersey and more concerned about the Flames jersey. Adidas needs to get that Alberta flag off the shoulder. That's always pissed me off, they aren't even the Capital.

I think the blue will look good!

I think most Flames fans would be happy with that too, the flag looks so out of place on their uni's

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I am quite skeptical about that leaked jersey/prototype. The white in the collar is ugly. The reason for my skepticism is the number 17 paired with the "C". Kurri's retired # and a captain symbol quite strange indeed.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I am quite skeptical about that leaked jersey/prototype. The white in the collar is ugly. The reason for my skepticism is the number 17 paired with the "C". Kurri's retired # and a captain symbol quite strange indeed.

the name bar says Oilers and it's 2017 so I assume it's similar to the draft where they just put the current year on the back.

Also it's crested with a C so people can see how it looks, sounds like this was just a prototype though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This reminds me of the pajama top jerseys that were leaked a few years ago.
Everybody railed and claimed that they couldn't possibly be the right jersey...turned out the leak was 100% accurate.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this leak was exactly accurate.
If it is I sure as hell wont be buying that ugly monstrosity.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
This reminds me of the pajama top jerseys that were leaked a few years ago.
Everybody railed and claimed that they couldn't possibly be the right jersey...turned out the leak was 100% accurate.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this leak was exactly accurate.
If it is I sure as hell wont be buying that ugly monstrosity.

The collar and letter coloring don't match the teaser so I'm not sure how it could be authentic. That said, IF those are real, every Oiler fan needs to boycott that jersey, and force them to remedy it

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The collar and letter coloring don't match the teaser so I'm not sure how it could be authentic. That said, IF those are real, every Oiler fan needs to boycott that jersey, and force them to remedy it

I really want to believe what you are saying but when I look at the teaser I dont think that it shows enough of the top part of the collar to make that determination.

EDIT: I get what you are saying about the lettering...its outlined in blue on the name bar (in the teaser) and the numbers are outlined in white on the 'leaked' version. I would like to think that the name bar would have the same colored outline as the numbers otherwise that would look really bad.
My main concern is the white strip on the collar. I just cant see enough of the collar in the teaser to convince me that it doesnt have any white in the collar. The white strip on the collar may just end halfway around the neck.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Pro Am Sports is pretty legit, I believe them if they say that isn't the new jersey. I don't know what their relationship is with the Oilers but they sell a lot of authentic and autographed memorabilia from the team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad