Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Continue here.

GDTOct5_zps7321daa3.jpg~original

Rosters based on previous game for both teams. Possibly not accurate

BVeP85rCYAA5btG.png:large

BPfjYs0CcAAZx9w.png

The goal (eventually)

Effort Level. Because hopefully the Oilers put more into their game than I did into these paint jobs (in fairness the CBC and HNIC logos didn't turn out too bad).

Credit for Oilor and Conoc logos goes to the MS Paint thread on the main board from way back when.

Let's go Oilers! :yo: #Oilers2014

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Past few posts:

Oh come on. They all realize that virtually ANY mistake they make is in the back of their net with Dubs in. A club can't play NHL opposition every night with that in mind.

We need a change in goal and soon. I'm almost glad the club is making it so patently obvious because the quicker we get an actual #1 in here the better.

Case in point again tonight. Oilers start well but then give up the break while on the PP. Sure thats ******, but Dubs doesn't rise to the occasion there, doesn't make the stop. Floodgates open.

As much as I am having trouble watching this, this is a fixable roster.

Can't say that about the Flames yet :help:

Anyone want to get me up to speed with what happened this game? Seeing the score it looks like Dubnyk has had a bad game?

On another note, I thought to myself: we're only down 3 goals!

And then I looked in the mirror and saw Kavis Reed.

Ugh this team. and this city's teams.

Yeah...the Oilers were out of the playoffs with 2 of those wins and the Canucks were already in.

Sort of like judging a QB because he had success against a prevent defence.

When the games matter the Canucks usually run the Oilers show.

yeah, something like that ...

The Milbury Method

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone want to get me up to speed with what happened this game? Seeing the score it looks like Dubnyk has had a bad game?

High volume of shots being given up, and the D systems have been horrid.

Dubnyk hasn't been great.

BUT

34 shots after two periods, so it's not totally Dubnyk's fault.

Oilers have decided to not shoot at crucial times, especially Yakupov.

Captain Ference is even struggling.

The Canucks aren't even playing that well, but the Oilers have been digging their own grave all game. That's your summary.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah...the Oilers were out of the playoffs with 2 of those wins and the Canucks were already in.

Sort of like judging a QB because he had success against a prevent defence.

When the games matter the Canucks usually run the Oilers show.

One of the wins game in the first game of the year.

Another came March 30, when we were still in it and there was still a quarter of the season left.

Your theory is false.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2s
3rd period underway from Vancouver, #Oilers winger Jesse Joensuu (lower body) will not return to tonight's game.
Well then..

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't know if watching the Esks or the Oilers is worse.

And for as bad as Hall has played, Eberle looks like complete donkey diarrhea every single time he doesn't have somebody on his line to carry him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Re: Replacements post.

We were being outshot 30-9 at one point I believe. Maybe thats because the team is deflated after a bad Dubnyk goal I donno. If that is the case, this is the most mentally fragile team ever.

So bad, so pathetic. So frustrating. 2 games into the season and we already have our first completely owned game. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Oilers get it close tonight playing in garbage time against a Canucks team that might take the gas off. But that just masks things.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
And btw that Dubnyk guy I have been complaining about for thd last 2 years, well yep he sucks worse than I first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad