GDT: Oilers @ Blues - 7:00 PM - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So if the Oilers win in regulation, do they officially make the playoffs, or they still have to win one more game?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Magic number is 5 points. there's a thread around here.
I think it's way less now. If they defeat St. LOuis, they will be 14 ahead with St. Louis only having 7 games. So one more point should clinch it. But I think because if they win tonight, they win the season series, they probably clinch. If Minnesota loses the next game. Either way, they are very close if they win.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I drew a picture of the TB Det game for those who can't
kuch.png
watch

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Just had Taco Bell for the win! One of life’s guilty pleasures. I think its the cocaine they put in the ground beef.
There is a guy that is on a lot of the in-house video that is taken of the crowd during gsmes.

He is at my Taco Bell lots. I have seen him there a few times before gsmes.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Blues last game vs the Sharks is concerning. 4-0 loss. They are the only team to lose to SJS twice this year. I think they will be ornery right from puck drop. That said, they ain’t in the Oilers league, so just play to capabilities please.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I’m watching the game, he’s not been a factor so far. Tampa has fallen, understandably.
He's always posting huge offensive numbers, but I somehow have difficulty thinking of him as an elite player. When I hear his name I think Pastrnak rather than McDavid or even Matthews.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He's always posting huge offensive numbers, but I somehow have difficulty thinking of him as an elite player. When I hear his name I think Pastrnak rather than McDavid or even Matthews.
Yes, agreed.

I don’t like his game, but the guy produces. I cant dispute that. I think it’s because I have a dislike for his team’s LTIR shenanigans. I know it wasn’t his doing directly, but he was probably complicit and thus not my type of guy to earn my cheers.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I don't understand why we are adjusting the fwd lines. Why do we always seem to change things up after we decimate an opponent? Perry is not a top 6 fwd anymore.

I expected our brain dead coaches to slot ceci back in because nepotism, but these fwd line adjustments seem baffling to me

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I don't understand why we are adjusting the fwd lines. Why do we always seem to change things up after we decimate an opponent? Perry is not a top 6 fwd anymore.

I expected our brain dead coaches to slot ceci back in because nepotism, but these fwd line adjustments seem baffling to me

42-14-3

#1 powerplay
#6 penalty kill

#2 in goals per game
#5 in goals against per game

Maybe you should reconsider who the brain dead one is and trust the process ;)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

At this point, probably just trying to affirm their assumptions on who works best with who as they get closer to play offs. St Louis is also a very different style of play than ANA, so adjustments made. I don’t see it as a big deal at this point.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
42-14-3

#1 powerplay
#6 penalty kill

#2 in goals per game
#5 in goals against per game

Maybe you should reconsider who the brain dead one is and trust the process ;)
Are they really that good on special teams this year? I remember the announcer mentioning a few weeks ago that their power play was top 6 and the PK was in the middle of the pack.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It’s on OLN at 7
In 2006 it was. Now that I reflect, OLN may have had better production values than SN. Tonite is an ESPN Hockey Night broadcast for me, so no Jack or Louis, but I do get to listen to Leah Hextall in the intermission spots. Thank god she isn’t doing PBP anymore.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad