Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Blackhawks 02.25.13 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Someone will probably end up making a GDT soon, but I'm excited for this one.

We have had our fair share of problems against Edmonton. They have dropped some games in some truly ridiculous fashion. The Hawks aren't as slow and old any longer, and I think that will prove to be big playing against a speed team. Taylor Hall being out due to suspension also will help. Let's make it 19.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Tough game on a b2b. Oilers destroyed the Hawks last year if the boys need a reminder.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Speaking of netminders, I'm presuming Crawford will be in net even on the second of a back-to-back due to two off days ahead after tonight. I'll guess Crawford goes tonight and at St. Louis Thursday. Emery will probably start Friday against Columbus.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I'm hoping Emery starts tonight. With Crawford just returning from injury, I'd hope they would sit him. However, I'm thinking they start Crawford anyways after his shutout last night.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Didn't help that last season vs. Edmonton the team defense was on par with a JV high school team and the goaltending was terrible.

I don't see the Oilers - a team that is scoring less than 1 ES goal per game if I'm not mistaken - giving the Hawks much trouble.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Stay out of the box and the Oilers are not a threat. They can't score 5v5 (16 goals in 17 games). They may not even be a threat with our PK as good as it is, but it's best not to push your luck. Hall being out is a game changer. Play smart and this is a win.

Turrican*

Bulin and Eager want to spoil your party!

Good luck! I forsee you guys winning, but I would love for the Oilers to play the role of Spoilers!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This team could use Eager on the 4th line again imo

(of course, he's probably no better than Carcillo, I just had an unhealthy mancrush on him when he was here)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure if it's been posted, but Emery has been confirmed for tonight.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Not sure what to expect with this one. As has been said, the Oilers young guns have been the worst matchup problem for this Hawks team the last 2 years. But the Hawks are a better team this year.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Not sure if it's been posted, but Emery has been confirmed for tonight.

I thought it was going to by Dubnyk against Crawford.

Crawford just got the shutout, but I think it's obvious they are easing him back in. I trust Emery until he has a stretch that will make my belief in him waver. I think Khabby is in for a rough night.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought it was going to by Dubnyk against Crawford.

Crawford just got the shutout, but I think it's obvious they are easing him back in. I trust Emery until he has a stretch that will make my belief in him waver. I think Khabby is in for a rough night.

With how well Emery has played, I like the decision to stick him in net tonight. No need to tax Crawford that much, especially after an injury.

I was hoping we got Dubnyk tonight. I think we'd light him up like a Christmas tree. Something about Khabby scares me.

Is Bolland in tonight? I'd imagine if he misses tonight, he'll return Thursday.

Haven't seen anything one way or another, but I'm not expecting him tonight.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I expected Emery tonight. With the recent history the Hawks have had with Edmonton, I think they're protecting Crawford...and that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad