Post-Game Talk: Oilers at Rangers - November 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
-Love Jimmy Vesey's play too. Is it me, or does this guy a carbon copy of Mehmut Özil? Their mom's probably would have a hard time telling them apart:

Jimmy Vesey?
images

What is Mehmut Özil doing in a Ranger jersey?
images

That first dude doesn't even look entirely human

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Folks regarding Girardi. Connor Mcdavid has been making EVERYONE look slow.

I thought Girardi was fine. He looks much better this year. He was early on that diving play almost pulled that puck off the kids stick. Very close.

He's not great but he's looking like a solid option next to Mcdonagh and frankly our best one at this point.

Klein looks awful.

Holden actually looks good slotted next to Staal.

Only other thing I'd be interested in seeing is Staal with skjei and Holden with Klein.

Skjei looks fantastic I'd love to give a Staal Skjei pair 20 to 22 mins a night

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Clendening in for Klein and you've got yourself as good a blueline as you're going to get with the 7 on the roster right now. Klein needs to wake up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Klein looks like Girardi last year. Not sure what his problem is but looks badly out of shape.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A few thoughts:

-Love Jimmy Vesey's play too. Is it me, or does this guy a carbon copy of Mehmut Özil? Their mom's probably would have a hard time telling them apart:

images

Ola, Vesey looks nothing like Ozil but thank you because now I know who Ziba without facial hair reminded me of.

With respect to Miller, I disagree. He doesn't have one specific attribute that defines him but every game he does something different to help generate offense. Last night his pursuit of the puck and pressure he put on Oilers D was 90% of Hayes' goal from Grabner and Skjei for which he didn't even get an assist. He got speed so can generate offense of the rush, vision for passing, hard enough shot and soft hands to be dangerous from anywhere.

I mentioned before the season that being on the NA team will be a big boost to his confidence. I think I was correct on this, and plus he's maturing into that experienced hockey player that he will be going forward and so, being trusted by the coaching staff.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A few thoughts:

images

Ola, Vesey looks nothing like Ozil but thank you because now I know who Ziba without facial hair reminded me of.

With respect to Miller, I disagree. He doesn't have one specific attribute that defines him but every game he does something different to help generate offense. Last night his pursuit of the puck and pressure he put on Oilers D was 90% of Hayes' goal from Grabner and Skjei for which he didn't even get an assist. He got speed so can generate offense of the rush, vision for passing, hard enough shot and soft hands to be dangerous from anywhere.

I mentioned before the season that being on the NA team will be a big boost to his confidence. I think I was correct on this, and plus he's maturing into that experienced hockey player that he will be going forward and so, being trusted by the coaching staff.

Kova, I believe you never have seen Vesey without his helm on, see below. No that is not a photoshop!

i

And look at Veseys eyes under the visor, they are pointing in all kind of directions just like Özils. He can look both left and right at the same time!! ;)

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Miller's finishing is a question mark to me. It's like the more time he has to think the less I expect it to go in.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Since soccer was brought up, you really root for both Dortmund and Bayern?

Well, it's a national team thing. A lot of those guys go to those two clubs so yes, I watch both.

It's different from NYC and Liverpool though. Those are my "real" clubs. And I'll root for a German team in the Champions League because Liverpool barely ever qualify anymore.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Well, it's a national team thing. A lot of those guys go to those two clubs so yes, I watch both.

It's different from NYC and Liverpool though. Those are my "real" clubs. And I'll root for a German team in the Champions League because Liverpool barely ever qualify anymore.

Fair enough. I'll always root for English teams in Champions league and for any top players in the world to come play in EPL no matter the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad