Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Let's hope. Getting swept by the Canucks and Flames last year was one thing but the fact we got swept by the Coyotes was something else entirely.
Some teams just don't match up well. Like how no matter how bad we are, we play Chicago well. Or how Carey Price is garbage against us. It doesn't always make sense.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Let's hope. Getting swept by the Canucks and Flames last year was one thing but the fact we got swept by the Coyotes was something else entirely.

We got swept but the entire season series was in 2014. In other words, they were still trying. It was pre-tank.

This is one of the factors that made me not feel bad that they missed out on McDavid-Eichel. They were clearly a better team than us last year.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Talbot should be starting. There's no reason when you have a tandem like this to go with the same guy back-to-back. If you want to reward Nilsson, give him the isolated starts, not a back-to-back.

No, Talbot has been from okay to shaky to terrible. We just won with Nilsson who has been mostly good except for one game. We owe Talbot nothing at all, zero. Want to be the starter? Earn it.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
No, Talbot has been from okay to shaky to terrible. We just won with Nilsson who has been mostly good except for one game. We owe Talbot nothing at all, zero. Want to be the starter? Earn it.

Talbot had good games too. No need to drag one guy down to talk up another.

Neither goalie is owed time, they both earn it, and today Nilsson earned a back-to-back game. That's all there is to be said about it. For this team to succeed, Talbot needs to take this message in a positive way and improve. He's a good goalie who is moving from back-up to starter with a shaky as all hell blueline. He's going to have bad games, and so is Nilsson. McLellan is showing them that there are rewards for playing well, and it's a good thing for the future...even if we end up losing tonight as a result of shaky goaltending.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
As long as Drai continues his ways, the Oilers can outscore the Coyotes.
I am truly hoping for a win. The Yates aren't very good. But in the past, this is the kind of game the Oilers drop. Hard.
Here's hoping that trend changes. If they win tonight then I can see a few reasons to remain almost optimistic about the season's end result

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
As long as Drai continues his ways, the Oilers can outscore the Coyotes.
I am truly hoping for a win. The Yates aren't very good. But in the past, this is the kind of game the Oilers drop. Hard.
Here's hoping that trend changes. If they win tonight then I can see a few reasons to remain almost optimistic about the season's end result

Drai vs Domi tonight.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Love the Nilsson play. Sends a very clear message that winning is all that matters now. Excellent!

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing Gazdic dummy Chipchura tonight. I can't remember if the Ebs play was clean or not but don't really care. If he gets the opportunity it would be nice to see him send a message.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
No regulation wins in 18 games vs. the Coyotes. How does that even happen? This isn't St. Louis or the Kings or other teams we struggle against that are actually good.

We're a team that makes a lot of mistakes, and they're a team that doesn't make many mistakes, and tend to capitalize on the other team's mistakes.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
Amazing how putrid the lineup looks as soon as we have an injury or two in the top 6. We basically have a top line then 3 fourth lines.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Today Toby finds out what a real German RWer looks like.
With Drai, Ebs and Yak, Toby and his fan boys can suck it.

and Letestu vs. Gordon?

honestly i thought letestu was a hell of a lot more gritty then he is.

he's basically a softer right-handed lander, which is bad.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Amazing how putrid the lineup looks as soon as we have an injury or two in the top 6. We basically have a top line then 3 fourth lines.

Well we have 2 in top 6 and 2 in bottom 6.

Line up would look a lot different with Hendricks, Korpi , Pouliot and McDavid in it.
and Letestu vs. Gordon?

honestly i thought letestu was a hell of a lot more gritty then he is.

he's basically a softer right-handed lander, which is bad.

umm yea... Letestu vs Gordon is a no brainer for me since I loved him when he was here. . His role has changed a lot in ARI and he is now a conventional 4th liner so pretty much same duties as Lander for EDM.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Yes, exaclty. We win big last night, play a much weaker team tonight. Watch a loss. The yotes are a terrible team, I don't care what their record is. We should win, but.....

They are still a hard working team who comes at you. That said, if edm can break out ok, they will have all the chances to win. But we all know this defense folds unto the mildest of forchecks lol

yotes defense is similar. If the oil go at them they will crumble.

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
i will be hugely impressed if they win tonight (and another game before the 20 mark). They are on a back to back and banged up. Arizona is playing well. If they win they will stall them in the standings and maybe give themselves a chance to leapfrog a few pacific teams by next week.

it just seems like one of those "statement" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad