Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2, Devils 1 (OT)

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I had heard that Gryba laid a good hit on Hall earlier in the game, but missed it (damn kids), is there a video or gif anywhere? Wasn't in the highlights.

Oilmageddon

Oct 7, 2009
Eakins in general didn't help ****. By far my most disliked Oilers coach.

Thankfully under McLellan we don't have to see this defensive coverage anymore!
Screen-Shot-2014-10-02-at-10.27.11-PM.png

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB

Think he had multiple good hits on Hall.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...as-edmonton-oilers-dominate-new-jersey-devils

first video on that article shows some of them.

Thanks guys. Man... I forgot just how blatantly Hall would expose himself to the big hits. That first 'reach-behind-exit-the-zone-straight-north-up-the-wall' maneuver, you wouldn't do in a non-hitting beer league. :help: Sometimes I wonder if part of the reason he was the core piece traded is because Chai thought "this guys not going to survive long term"...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks guys. Man... I forgot just how blatantly Hall would expose himself to the big hits. That first 'reach-behind-exit-the-zone-straight-north-up-the-wall' maneuver, you wouldn't do in a non-hitting beer league. :help: Sometimes I wonder if part of the reason he was the core piece traded is because Chai thought "this guys not going to survive long term"...

One of the few issues Hall had coming out of junior was his reckless style of play. He puts himself in position to get hammered all the time. I think he is a hell of an offensive talent but I am glad we made the trade and hope he does well wherever he is. Friedman was saying the Devils think he is looking in his rear view mirror a bit with respect to the trade and needs to move on and become a Devil.

The Devils were without 2 of their regular D last night. I hope we can play them at full strength next week as they can't be as bad as what we saw last night can they?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Last night I had an awesome experience. Sekera moved the puck over to Benning and my comp froze for a bit just as Benning got it. I thought "good of sekera to move it to Benning even tho he has a shot. He sucks at getting it thru and Benning is pretty good at that" boom comp unfreezes and it shows Benning score. Pretty ironic and good timing but also confirmed to me Benning is pretty legit

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Last night I had an awesome experience. Sekera moved the puck over to Benning and my comp froze for a bit just as Benning got it. I thought "good of sekera to move it to Benning even tho he has a shot. He sucks at getting it thru and Benning is pretty good at that" boom comp unfreezes and it shows Benning score. Pretty ironic and good timing but also confirmed to me Benning is pretty legit

Sounds just like the "ugh, get Letestu off the PP" post :laugh:

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Devil fans really want their coach gone

In Hall's career he has had for coaches since drafted

Tom Renney
Ralph Krugar
Dallas Eakins
Todd Nelson and sort of Mact
Todd M
John Haynes

Not really the coach's fault. Devils never had a good D group outside of Larsson and Greene. They have a lot of offensive D men but not really good defensive or two way D. Losing Larsson and having Greene injured really showed how bad their D depth really was. In my opinion trading away Larsson for Hall was a bad idea for the Devils. They should have found another way to get more offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad