GDT: OILERS (19-12-6) vs. CANUCKS (16-18-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
TV: 8:00 p.m. MST; Televised on CBC

cr

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years eve...lets hope we start it off with a bang against the Canucks!

projected line ups : TBD

I hope some one can update the lines later, as I will be busy, but just wanted to get a GDT going for discussion.

Cheers all.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm guesssing forward lines will stay the same :

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-RNH-Draisaitl
Pouliot-Caggiula-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

but not sure about D pairings, and what will come of Oesterle should he play.

oif the Maroon Drai RNH line play as they did last game, Vancouver is in big time trouble.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Seems like forever since I have said this.

Don't care if the Oilers win or lose just looking for a good game from them. Even if they lose they finish the very tough and important month of December with a 500 record.

Having said that, a win would show some killer instinct that has been missing from this team and set up the new year nicely.

Go Oilers.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A good day of hockey today! Canada vs. USA at the world juniors, Columbus vs. Minnesota with those massive win streaks, and then Edmonton vs. Vancouver. Truly hockey night in Canada this New Years.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
actaully, a win tonight is kinda important. They have some tough games coming up next month and it would be nice to put these two points in the bank.

Thank you Vancouver for beating LA, the Ducks and Jets 3 times in your last 5 games. Now it is time to and suck for at least one night.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
actaully, a win tonight is kinda important. They have some tough games coming up next month and it would be nice to put these two points in the bank.

Thank you Vancouver for beating LA, the Ducks and Jets 3 times in your last 5 games. Now it is time to and suck for at least one night.

Ya this game is huge. A regulation win would be gigantic.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks booyakasha. I have been too busy finishing my basement to make today's GDT.

Will be at the game tonight. Hope it's a good one.

Hope everyone enjoys tonight's celebrations and has a safe evening.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
hgahahahha drake has some balls going after the captain like that! Love it.

One thing I can say is this group seems to like one another more. They seem like a tightly knit group fer surrreee eh

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
hgahahahha drake has some balls going after the captain like that! Love it.

One thing I can say is this group seems to like one another more. They seem like a tightly knit group fer surrreee eh

I'm not saying he hasn't got balls but as for going after the captain, didn't that discussion take place over four years ago :) ?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I also want to mention, transit is free tonight people, so if you're off to the game, or watching at a buddies or at a pub, and have drinks...no need to drink and drive.

I'm sure the LRT and bus rides will be fun after the game.:laugh:

FREE ETS SERVICE STARTS AT 6:00PM AND ENDS AT 3:30 AM

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Going to the Library for the game. Hopefully the combination of Saturday night, New Year's Eve and a game against the Canucks makes for a rowdier crowd.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
not watching the game tonight but a good chance to get a couple of points. time for the oilers to beat the teams they should.

how about a 5-3 oilers win.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Canucks have a better record than I expected.

Hope the Oilers don't look past them to the New Years Eve parties tonight.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Big win tonight, fellas. Let's do it.

Not thrilled with Eberle being anchored to McDavid when they clearly don't mesh in any way, but whatever. Just win.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A good day of hockey today! Canada vs. USA at the world juniors, Columbus vs. Minnesota with those massive win streaks, and then Edmonton vs. Vancouver. Truly hockey night in Canada this New Years.

Plus the College football playoff for us football fans. Great sports day and night to bring in the New Year.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Canucks have a better record than I expected.

Hope the Oilers don't look past them to the New Years Eve parties tonight.

Agreed, Vancouver is no pushover. They just came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Ducks last night, so even with travel fatigue, they're got to be feeling good right now. Tryamkin and Stecher are emerging as solid defenders too.

The Oilers will need to step up their game big-time for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad