OHL web site

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Time to fire the guy who design this web site and get an new one scores not loading or box scores.

Same issues. It's been brutal. If I recall the old website had no issues. Don't really ever remeber struggles with loading but it seems that it gets overloaded on game nights which means you have an issue

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Same issues. It's been brutal. If I recall the old website had no issues. Don't really ever remeber struggles with loading but it seems that it gets overloaded on game nights which means you have an issue

I am sick of the new site. The old site had its days but the problem wouldn't consist for days. Every Friday and Saturday now, you can't load the score board and quite frankly is a piss off.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
All the teams are interacted with this site, based on the same platform.

Agree it is brutal but goes beyond just scores not loading and to administration

Updates on trades and suspensions are terrible, historical data is non existent.

Try looking up trades and suspensions from the past.

At least a 5 year tally on future draft picks for each team should be available to all.

This is a mutli-million dollar business now, it should not be run like a high school web project.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
All of the above; and, no height, weight, birthdate on roster page; and, a lack of sortable stats on leaders page. The (new) OHL network is a boon to competitor sites.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't liking it. The design itself I don't mind, though I find it a bit more basic than I'd like. The game sheets are difficult to navigate, though, and I'm not a fan of every team being tied into it. That's one thing I always enjoyed - each team having their own pages/rosters. There's no creativity involved now.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
dirty12, there are more stat options to display in the "Show/Hide" on any stat/roster page. There is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom to view these stats that do not fit on the page.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
dirty12, there are more stat options to display in the "Show/Hide" on any stat/roster page. There is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom to view these stats that do not fit on the page.

Oh. Didn't even see that :)

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Aside from being able to look up more details stats, the site is brutal. Even with the stats, they could be laid out nicely on a more functional website. I also don't like how you can't save the settings when toggling the stats columns.

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
I'm one that resists any change from the outset but gradually come around to accept it as something for the better. Not this time. The OHL website is without a doubt a downgrade to what they had previously

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Loved the old website. Could look up live stats at games at the snap of a finger. So easy I took it for granted.

Box scores either won't load or load slowly mobile nowadays.

In general, it's messy, confusing and unreliable. Stat-watching has lost its "fun" because of it imo -- your focus shifts from fun stats to a frustrating hassle in a hurry.

You pretty much have to be on a computer to enjoy the site. Great "upgrades".

Basic is better. Anyone could've told the ohl that.

Last edited:

LeftShot

Nov 3, 2016
Anyone notice when you click on a Game Preview the stats are from a few weeks ago...once you refresh your page the up to date stats appear..

Very frustrating! New website has so many glitches..most companies/organizations/associations would quickly identify errors and fix...key word "most".

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Havent even bothered with the new site after one or 2 visits when they first flipped it.
I thought maybe I just was getting older n disnt lime change lol. But reading this many are in the same boat. Just not as easy to access info

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Not sure what everyone is looking on the OHL site for but the two main ones for me are 1) present scores and 2) stats.
For me having a stripped down mobile version with zero photos (huge data eater for a phone) would be ideal! The main site I'll look when I'm home!

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Whenever I want to quickly double-check a boxscore for a time-stamp to seek to in an archive or confirm what my eyes/mind are telling me when referencing a player's night or game log, my click-through to the boxscore or player profile stalls out and instead I have to come back to the site a few minutes later for a working one. It's rather annoying, but not unique to the OHL, as I've noticed the same issue with the QMJHL, WHL, USHL, etc.

OHLFanFriendly

Jul 30, 2014
I have been travelling alot this year with my job and miss many live OHL games compared to the number i used to be able to watch in person.

The REAL bad news however is i have had to rely on the OHL website to get my fix.

Updates, scores, catch up on boxscores from a few days prior etc is all a major problem with this site.
I cant believe that a company like the OHL, that has MILLIONS of dollars of revenue etc has such a brutal website as its interface with the fans. Truly a piece of crap. So frustrating that i simply stop checking in and i am starting to lose interest in the league.

Just Brutal.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Unfortunately the website has become obsolete in so many ways especially with other means of communicating the same information via Twitter and other means unfortunately looks can't hide lack of practicality for website users even the OHL app has become hundreds of times more reliable then it ever was since the league finally FIFA major overhaul of how it is formatted. Sooner then later the league site will if it hasn't already become impractical and unnecessary for all fans across the league, where other social media platforms have picked up their socks for fans of the league the website has dropped the ball on key elements that every fan likes (Stats, score updates and Standings are probably the big 3) and the league has failed to see what the fans truly want which is up to date reliable info in a timely matter on and off game days

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
the league the website has dropped the ball on key elements that every fan likes (Stats, score updates and Standings are probably the big 3) and the league has failed to see what the fans truly want which is up to date reliable info in a timely matter on and off game days

Agreed! If you had added the words "in a compact format" I'd have sworn you read my mind.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Wonder why I rarely look at the OHL website - according to the website there was no trades yesterday - you would think they could at least try to keep their info current.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad