OHL fan heading west for some WHL games

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Hey WHL fans. I'm heading out west from Ontario at the end of January for a WHL road trip. Some driving tips, arena and seating tips, players to watch as well as tips for places to eat and things to see in town would be great. And, of course, if you will be at one of the games I'm going to, making new friends would be great as well. I love talking junior hockey.

Fri. Jan. 27
Regina @ Calgary

Sat. Jan. 28
Calgary @ Kootenay

Sun. Jan. 29
Prince Albert @ Swift Current

Mon. Jan. 30
Regina @ Saskatoon

Tues. Jan. 31
Brandon @ Lethbridge

Cheers....

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Hey WHL fans. I'm heading out west from Ontario at the end of January for a WHL road trip. Some driving tips, arena and seating tips, players to watch as well as tips for places to eat and things to see in town would be great. And, of course, if you will be at one of the games I'm going to, making new friends would be great as well. I love talking junior hockey.

Fri. Jan. 27
Regina @ Calgary

Sat. Jan. 28
Calgary @ Kootenay

Sun. Jan. 29

Mon. Jan. 30
Regina @ Saskatoon

Tues. Jan. 31
Brandon @ Lethbridge

Cheers....

I can't help you with any of those locations, but I would ask here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/40684

Likely to get a better response.

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge

Fri. Jan. 27
Regina @ Calgary

Sat. Jan. 28
Calgary @ Kootenay

Sun. Jan. 29

Mon. Jan. 30
Regina @ Saskatoon

Tues. Jan. 31
Brandon @ Lethbridge

Cheers....

I would try to sit in the upper deck at Enmax. Much better view, and because it isn't a big arena you sit close enough. As for driving tips, don't really have any because it's a small enough city that it doesn't really matter. It may depend on you hotel choice. What kind of food are you interested in? I can give you a bevy of local options depending on budget, type. Is it the last stop of your trip? If it isn't maybe continue on to Waterton.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny

Fri. Jan. 27
Regina @ Calgary

Sat. Jan. 28
Calgary @ Kootenay

Sun. Jan. 29

Mon. Jan. 30
Regina @ Saskatoon

Tues. Jan. 31
Brandon @ Lethbridge

Cheers....

Curious to what the OP experienced on this sojourn.

I have wanted to follow the Winterhawks on a Central or Eastern swing, but the timing never seems to be right (this year, right over American Thanksgiving, not possible). HOWEVER, Friday I fly into Calgary, and as long as Air Canada doesn't keep pushing back the connecting flight from Vancouver, I SHOULD be able to see the Hitmen vs Medicine Hat that night.

Next night in Swift Current (bought standing ticket there). Following day in Moose Jaw. From there to Winnipeg for the Jets and then a silly flight to Rapid City for ECHL.

If anyone has tips on the WHL visits (knowing that Calgary is really going to be an arrive-and-watch-and-go visit) for someone not bringing a car and walking (etc) around town, please offer your best tips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad