Offside Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Hi guys. I know some of you have been looking for this so I will post up.

Can someone please explain the difference in these plays? how is one conclusive and not the other?

Ruled a goal as not enough to overturn conclusively

Weeks later.

Goal called back as conclusively offside?

These are almost carbon copy plays where one is "conclusive" and the other not, but I can't tell from either. There is absolutely no consistency. :help:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You are only looking at the Boston footage. It's been said that the Washington feed had access to a camera angle which conclusively showed Loui's skate to be off the ice. We don't know what type of other angles they had in Philly.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
You are only looking at the Boston footage. It's been said that the Washington feed had access to a camera angle which conclusively showed Loui's skate to be off the ice. We don't know what type of other angles they had in Philly.

So the first game in Philly doesn't have enough evidence to overturn Philly's goal??

The game in Boston, Washington has come up with evidence to support their claim in Boston?

Why is this not taken directly to Toronto? Why are they not the exact same types of set-up? Philly's was too weak to call back their goal but the SAME play apparently that would have sunk Washington all of a sudden has new angles form Washington's media?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
So the first game in Philly doesn't have enough evidence to overturn Philly's goal??

The game in Boston, Washington has come up with evidence to support their claim in Boston?

Why is this not taken directly to Toronto? Why are they not the exact same types of set-up? Philly's was too weak to call back their goal but the SAME play apparently that would have sunk Washington all of a sudden has new angles form Washington's media?

Cameragate NHL edition.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Don't ask me, I'm just relaying what was said. I've no idea what angles the cameras have in Philly. I do know that each team brings in their own camera crews, and each arena is different, so camera placement can never be "exact same types of set-up."

I agree the system sucks as it is, but I really feel it is more due to the refs having to admit they are wrong, and the fact the team is allowed minutes to check their video before throwing the challenge flag. Toronto should be making the decision, and the challenge has to be instantaneous, no waiting around while the team checks the video.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Don't ask me, I'm just relaying what was said. I've no idea what angles the cameras have in Philly. I do know that each team brings in their own camera crews, and each arena is different, so camera placement can never be "exact same types of set-up."

I agree the system sucks as it is, but I really feel it is more due to the refs having to admit they are wrong, and the fact the team is allowed minutes to check their video before throwing the challenge flag. Toronto should be making the decision, and the challenge has to be instantaneous, no waiting around while the team checks the video.

Oh I know you are just relaying, apologies if I sounded argumentative with you. Not my intention haha

It's just confusing obviously for fans since the plays are carbon copies. In both cases, separate decisions were made and both hurt our team. The second one cost the game in the end.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Cameragate NHL edition.

:laugh: Only Boston, unlike New England, will undoubtedly be on the losing side of these consistently as we have already seen numerous times this season.

Claude doesn't even get mad anymore. Even calls we expect to go our way, because of past precedent as shown above, he doesn't seem to be surprised in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad