Offseason Update?

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Can we get an update to see where things stand right now?

Any ETA on ratings being released or a schedule for ratings challenges?

We have a handful of ratings packages that we may take samples from, plus we we'll be doing our own re-rates for a few categories that we find consistently problematic. Most of the legwork has already been done on SC and PA re-rates, and we're currently looking at DF (which, ironically, I'm holding up!).

No idea in terms of dates, but I think we're on or ahead of our usual schedule this year. Take that however you'd like. ;-)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We have a handful of ratings packages that we may take samples from, plus we we'll be doing our own re-rates for a few categories that we find consistently problematic. Most of the legwork has already been done on SC and PA re-rates, and we're currently looking at DF (which, ironically, I'm holding up!).

No idea in terms of dates, but I think we're on or ahead of our usual schedule this year. Take that however you'd like. ;-)

Considering "on our usual schedule" would mean a November/December start, what can we do to help expedite the process so we're simming a less compressed schedule?

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
SC and PA will be uploaded for review by the admin team tonight.
The work on the DF is well under way, still waiting for a few comments, but we'll get them finished fairly soon.
It would be great if someone could gather the goalie stats to an excel sheet. If someone wants to give me a hand with this mail me at [email protected] and I'll let you know what stats I need for the ratings.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
And as soon as we have a ratings set that we like, I'll run a quick test. Shouldn't take more than a week - so that we discover any statistical anomalies and fix them, as we did very successfully I think with the Dmen PA and SC ratings last year. There are some roster updates etc. still due, but other than that I'm ready from my end.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
SC and PA will be uploaded for review by the admin team tonight.
The work on the DF is well under way, still waiting for a few comments, but we'll get them finished fairly soon.
It would be great if someone could gather the goalie stats to an excel sheet. If someone wants to give me a hand with this mail me at [email protected] and I'll let you know what stats I need for the ratings.

Ville -- if you still need goalie stats compiled, I'll be glad to help. Sending you an email now.

D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yep... seems like our ratings are moving along at the usual pace ;)

Actually, believe it or not we seem to be ahead of our usual schedule, and if we're a little behind the NHL, it's only a little, and quickly caught up without having to use a compressed schedule like last year.

Of course, that's assuming that a) the admin team is quickly able to review and agree upon the ratings prepared, and b) the ratings can be quickly and easily imported into the sim.

Fingers' crossed!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
And I'm installing a new version of the sim and doing updates to files today.

Then this weekend testing will begin and take about a week to tweak the settings and pre season will start. We will be doing a roll call in the coming days and I'll be asking everyone to update their client software to the newest version.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I would disregard the ratings up at the moment. I was using those to run a test season. I have now got an official set in my hands now but I'm just too busy to import. I will try later this afternoon.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Just a heads up, folks - once Matt K. gets the ratings updated, we're going to move pretty quickly into getting the ratings challenges processed, so that we can get the regular season underway as soon as possible. All things considered, we're not too far behind schedule.

Likewise, once the new ratings are up, the deadline for endorsement deals should follow not too long thereafter. I can't recall if we decided to modify any of last year's endorsements at the moment...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Just a heads up, folks - once Matt K. gets the ratings updated, we're going to move pretty quickly into getting the ratings challenges processed, so that we can get the regular season underway as soon as possible. All things considered, we're not too far behind schedule.

Likewise, once the new ratings are up, the deadline for endorsement deals should follow not too long thereafter. I can't recall if we decided to modify any of last year's endorsements at the moment...

If nothing else, we need to validate the defenceman scoring endorsements, since they've been out of whack for years. Let's measure them against Matthew's test season and adjust as necessary. (Perfect timing, now that Lidstrom is no longer a Red Wing!).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North

Looks like the new ratings are up - thank you gentlemen! (though I believe there's some player movement still to be reflected), so the challenge and endorsement processes should get under way ASAP.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
As the previous few posts have indicated, once some final housekeeping is sorted out, rating challenges will get under way. We're going to endeavor to get those taken care of as quickly as possible, so I recommend GMs start prepping now. I believe we're going to go with the same system that we had last year, which, if I recall correctly, was that 6 challenges can be used across 5 players, and goalie OV is allowed to be challenged. Look for the official announcement in the coming days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad