Offseason Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I think the Jackets made some good moves during the offseason. I am totally cool with them staying pat for now

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Remaining Blue Jacket Free Agents

RFA
Wennberg
Anderson

UFA
Korpikoski
Gallant
Bergeron
Yevenko
Sifers

AHL FA
Pendenza
Houser

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Panarin, Kovalchuk, Jenner, Calvert down the left. Bjork, Atkinson, Foligno, Anderson down the right.

Where's the issue?

Im more concerned about our 2nd/3rd center then our 8th winger.

I'm all for the idea of kovalchuk. But having not seen him recently leaves me personally skeptical and tampers my excitement. If we traded for duchene I'm all for getting him to replace what ever roster forward we'd loose

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well since Dinamo released all their players today, Tarasov (golaie we took 2nd) became an UFA. Wonder what's he gonna do now.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
A, **** nevermind, this is another Daniil Tarasov. Sorry.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Is Boone moving back to centre or something?

How people around here feel about Dubinsky is kind of how I feel about Foligno. At any rate, Bjork and Anderson aren't top six RW'ers yet. Frankly outside of Panarin and Atkinson I tend to think our top six wingers are a bit of "play it by ear". There are questions marks and serviceable, along with expendable for the right deal(s).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Knew Kovalchuk was a pipe dream .. but with things stalling on the Duchene front I was hoping to see SOME action.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
How would we know if Murray had a bounce back year? He played the whole year without injury? He scored four goals? What would be a bounce back year for him?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
How would we know if Murray had a bounce back year? He played the whole year without injury? He scored four goals? What would be a bounce back year for him?

His rookie season was pretty good. If we can get 70+ games a positive +/- and 15-20 pts I think that's as good as its gonna get.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I think it was a Dreger tweet. I don't think it's a 2 year window but I think the window is full open right now and then in 2 years there is questions to if it will be closed a little because a breeze or blow open further.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
Well, so far we've lost Karlsson (6G, 19A), Gagner (18G, 32A), Saad (24G, 29A), Hartnell (13 G, 24A), Forsberg, '17 First, '19 Second...

...and gained Panarin (31G, 43A) , $5.275 mil (Clarkson) cap space + $3.25 mil (hartnell) cap space = $8.525 million (8.525 + 1((Karlsson)) + .65 ((Gagner)) = 10.175 million in total space cleared) , and have yet to resign Wennberg or Anderson.

--------

We are still short 30 Goals and 61 A worth of production from the players we've lost to the ones we've acquired (i'm not inculding Schroeder or Motte in this because, lolz).

We have over 10 million in extra cap space + another 2 for the raising of the cap.

-------------

I understand the Duchene stuff, and I've made it clear I'm not high on that move....

..that being said...this offseason seems like a disaster so far. We had the cap space to go after some decent free agents and didn't. This Duchene thing is a mess and Kovy was a bust for CBJ.

Disappointing at best now imho. I don't see how we make up for the production of what we've lost at this point. I think CBJ needs to acquire 2 more decent forwards and I just don't see that happening now.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
I think it was a Dreger tweet. I don't think it's a 2 year window but I think the window is full open right now and then in 2 years there is questions to if it will be closed a little because a breeze or blow open further.

I think people also viewed the Saad-Panarin trade in the light of CBJ being aggressive, when from what Jarmo said it was Chicago that approached CBJ with the idea and Jarmo never had planned on trading Saad.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Well, so far we've lost Karlsson (6G, 19A), Gagner (18G, 32A), Saad (24G, 29A), Hartnell (13 G, 24A), Forsberg, '17 First, '19 Second...

...and gained Panarin (31G, 43A) , $5.275 mil (Clarkson) cap space + $3.25 mil (hartnell) cap space = $8.525 million (8.525 + 1((Karlsson)) + .65 ((Gagner)) = 10.175 million in total space cleared) , and have yet to resign Wennberg or Anderson.

--------

We are still short 30 Goals and 61 A worth of production from the players we've lost to the ones we've acquired (i'm not inculding Schroeder or Motte in this because, lolz).

We have over 10 million in extra cap space + another 2 for the raising of the cap.

-------------

I understand the Duchene stuff, and I've made it clear I'm not high on that move....

..that being said...this offseason seems like a disaster so far. We had the cap space to go after some decent free agents and didn't. This Duchene thing is a mess and Kovy was a bust for CBJ.

Disappointing at best now imho. I don't see how we make up for the production of what we've lost at this point. I think CBJ needs to acquire 2 more decent forwards and I just don't see that happening now.
Disaster? Barring and absolute collapse by the young players the only possible concern would be replacing Gagner. Based on Bjorkstrands projected 40 pts last year I think he will be covered. Panarin is an upgrade to Saad and Hartnell's production, not experience, shouldn't be difficult. Nor should Wild Bill's.

Also, the off season just started and there wasn't much in free agency. Hang in there. This is a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad