Speculation: Offseason Roster Building Thread 4 - All Your Blackhawks Are Belong To Us

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Derak Ryan is the worst player on the roster, and I think that is a good thing. We usually have 2-4 just scrapheap players on this roster. If he is our scapegoat this year I'm fine with it because he is just "ok" in my book.

Reactions: OrioleWay

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Oh man yeah. I have been critical of Ryan and the decision to bring him back on a one-way deal, but he's a heck of a lot better than, say, Derek Joslin.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So now for the next big issue of the summer and probably the biggest.

How about those Slavin/Pesce/Hanifin/TVR/Lindy extensions?

Slavin I'm guessing gets done first, because he's local, and he's going to set the standard.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Slavin and Lindholm probably. I'd love to give new contract to Skinner. If he scores again +40, i doubt we could afford it, especially with this crazy FA market.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Really. Maybe you'll change your mind when Ryan puts up 45 points.

The "maybe" was aimed at my view of the Canes seeing him as a one year stopgap guy until some youngsters are ready, not aimed at how I feel toward him as a player, but yeah, 45 is a bit on the high side either way

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
The "maybe" was aimed at my view of the Canes seeing him as a one year stopgap guy until some youngsters are ready, not aimed at how I feel toward him as a player, but yeah, 45 is a bit on the high side either way

There was a day when someone predicted that Chris Terry would pot 40. I think asking 45 from Ryan is sane vs the Terry ask, but still a bit on the wild side haha.

Reactions: sheriff bart

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

I know it's early and Francis has been busy, but i hope to at least hear something soon about Slavin

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Slavin 100% as soon as we can get it done, arguably Pesce and Lindy as well.

Hanifin I think we'd be smart to do a bridge with anyway so after the season may be good timing for that.

TVR, let's see how he does here for a few months first.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Man, we've got bg talking about how ****** of a GM Francis is and BBA calling Derek Ryan a lock for 45 points. Where is CI to interject some sanity into this place?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So it sounds like Sakic is basing the value of Duchene based on a team-to-team basis. Fine, that makes sense. But apparently he's based the value of opposing players based on where they are in that team's lineup.

Example being given was that Ryan Murray was a #5 defenseman for Columbus last year, so it doesn't hurt the Jackets to lose him, so he's valued as a #5 defenseman.

Where's the logic in that?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I'm with Dave on his assessment of RFA contracts. I'm sure Francis learned his lesson about signing someone to an extension before they even touch ice for us with Lack, so TvR can wait a while.

Man, we've got bg talking about how ****** of a GM Francis is and BBA calling Derek Ryan a lock for 45 points. Where is CI to interject some sanity into this place?

I don't know if I'd call what CI brings to the table as "sanity.";)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm sure Francis learned his lesson about signing someone to an extension before they even touch ice for us with Lack, so TvR can wait a while.
Scott_Darling_Act_Of_Kindness.jpg

Say what?

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
anybody mind shooting me a PM or a quick explanation of where CI actually went? I'd love to know and would prefer not to dig around forum search for an hour figuring it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad