Officials

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Ask any questions or discuss anything you want here pertaining to officials. USA and Hockey Canada, NCAA, WHL.

I think this could be a great thread. I just started reffing this year and could ask you 1,000 questions.

For starters what level are you officiating and do you post on the hockey referees reddit page?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I think this could be a great thread. I just started reffing this year and could ask you 1,000 questions.

For starters what level are you officiating and do you post on the hockey referees reddit page?
My guess would be he just started reffing too and is excited to share. No issues with that

ref88

Feb 14, 2018

Glad to hear you made the plunge. How are you liking it? My advice to you would be to stick with it. Not sure how you old you are but I've met refs who've started at 14 and 44. Currently I ref college and then on weeknights I do USA Hockey. I'm not on reddit. I'll do my best to answer any of your questions.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Is it illegal to take your skate off and try to stab them after they make a terrible call?

It takes way to much time to take your skate, this is the best option when you are in a fit of rage.

giphy.gif

Reactions: pdogfizzle

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Fire away everyone. This is a great time to ask questions and learn from a great resource.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I have a question. Say they are two players offsides from my team, me and teammate A. I go to tag-up, can I re-enter the zone before teammate A tags up, or do I have to wait until he gets onside before I can re-enter the zone?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I have a question. Say they are two players offsides from my team, me and teammate A. I go to tag-up, can I re-enter the zone before teammate A tags up, or do I have to wait until he gets onside before I can re-enter the zone?
You have to wait.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Alright refs, let's take a look at what happened last night in the Boston game. I understand that if a skater breaks a blade, he (or she) has to make it back to the bench for repairs. But, if it's a goalie, should you stop the game, (unfair advantage) or continue with play? And does the league (mite, rec, pro) make a difference?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Alright refs, let's take a look at what happened last night in the Boston game. I understand that if a skater breaks a blade, he (or she) has to make it back to the bench for repairs. But, if it's a goalie, should you stop the game, (unfair advantage) or continue with play? And does the league (mite, rec, pro) make a difference?
In a minor league level with kids, i’m blowing that play down everytime. There is a blade on the ice and a goalie that cant stand, it’s a safety issue and there will not be a single coach that would argue it. If a kid steps on that blade and blows out his knee because i didnt think it was worthy of a whistle, guess who is at fault? Us

At a pro level I would treat it like an injury, i’ll blow it down when the team who lost the skate blade gets possession of the puck.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad