Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
^ That's interesting. A few people on the Yotes board have proposed the same.

Stepan is well liked. We gave up a decent amount for him (7th overall and DeAngelo for Raanta and Stepan). Tocchet calls him an extension of the coaching staff. He's a real leader on a very young team. But I don't think he's entirely off the table either. Worth noting that he was traded to AZ just days before his NTC kicked in, and the Coyotes did not opt for him to retain it, so he has no clauses as a result.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Personally, I'm with @Viqsi on prefering Fiala, mostly because he has played 138 games (80 last year 58 this year) with 47g and 79a (.91 ppg). And that's with this year being a down year for his shooting percentage (off by 2g roughly). He's shown a reasonable floor for a 2LW. He is only 22 so the hope would be he could grow more. He is a bit small at 5'10" 193 lb. Good even strength metric, though a tad heavy on the OZ starts (per hocker-reference.com). His production isn't tilted towars PP either with 2/3 or more being at even strength. Fiala is an RFA after this year (2 years of entry level slide, so this is year 3 of the entry level contract). He has one more pro-year before reaching arbitration.

Just curious if you could explain why you prefer Tolvanen more.

I don't think either makes us forget Panarain, I dont' think any player ever will actually because bread is that much fun to watch, but finding the best mitigating value that will make the team better is of course the question.

I mentioned above, I think Tolvanen does have a higher upside. He's a little bit younger, and I think he could grow alongside players like Dubois, Texier and Foudy. I would be ecstatic if we saw either player as a return, by no means am I dumping on Fiala. Just stating my preference.

Reactions: cslebn

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
:propeller

^^ entirely foolish, but that propeller guy is a LIVE look at my hopes after reading that darn tweet regarding Huberdeau as a return

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If he's in on the deal, I can't see how it's not pretty much not done. That would make losing Panarin much more tolerable. Figure out how to get Quick and we've patched something together.

Or Howard if we're planning on Elvis or V to step in and compete next year.

I think Quick's term scares us off, but I wouldn't be opposed depending on what we give up to take the contract off of LA's hands.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Or Howard if we're planning on Elvis or V to step in and compete next year.

I think Quick's term scares us off, but I wouldn't be opposed depending on what we give up to take the contract off of LA's hands.

I'd pass on Howard. Quick's term really isn't a thing. His salary drops quite a bit and I'm not sure cap is really all that big of a deal based on what we can see coming up.

Reactions: mikeyp24

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'd pass on Howard. Quick's term really isn't a thing. His salary drops quite a bit and I'm not sure cap is really all that big of a deal based on what we can see coming up.

He still has next year at $7,000,000 - quite a chunk of change, before it lowers to $3.5M, $3M, and $2.5M the remaining 3 years after next season.

Still a rather large commitment for a team who likely thinks it has some darn good goalie prospects ready for a chance in the NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
“That’s a great question if the players want that,” said Dreger. “And I think you’re right, I think Ottawa would love to have the ability to sign all three of those guys - Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel. It’s unlikely. I don’t see any way that they get all three signed, and I think that it’s a bit of a longshot that they two of the three. Some who I trust think that all three might be walking. We’re going to find out sooner than later.

“It feels like something may go down this week. And that might be something as little - although it’s significant - as one or both of the big boys in Stone and Duchene just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, we’re not signing here. We’re going to go to the market or at least we’re open to be traded. We understand the Ottawa Senators can’t let us walk into unrestricted free agency, but we’re just not signing here.’

“Now, whether that happens with both of those guys this week, one of those guys this week, we’re going to have to wait and see. But when you’re this close to the February 25 trade deadline and you’re trying to maximize the return for two star players, then I feel like Pierre Dorion and the Ottawa Senators are going to need as much time as possible to try and manufacture the greatest return.”

Dreger shares latest sentiment on Senators’ pending UFAs

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Okay, in that case I honestly don't get why you think the gap is that large.

I think Tolvanen is better, I like that he plays RW (at least I am pretty sure he does), and I like that he is 3 years younger.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
He still has next year at $7,000,000 - quite a chunk of change, before it lowers to $3.5M, $3M, and $2.5M the remaining 3 years after next season.

Thank you for pointing out his contract. I mean you couldn't read my post and know that I researched it ahead of time.

I do not agree with you. But, please, continue to drone on about it.

Cheers.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Ducks' fan coming in peace.. any interest in Henrique as 2c? He has been better than his stats suggest and could likely be acquired cheaper than the bigger fish - Duchene.

I could even see us taking back Dubinsky, which is convenient because their cap hits are almost identical.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Ducks' fan coming in peace.. any interest in Henrique as 2c? He has been better than his stats suggest and could likely be acquired cheaper than the bigger fish - Duchene.

I could even see us taking back Dubinsky, which is convenient because their cap hits are almost identical.

Sure, straight up, one for one? :naughty:

Seriously though, I don't think Henrique fits our needs that much. He's a strong player, don't get me wrong, but we have a Foligno, a Jenner... really too many guys that fit that middle-6 forward mold. It's my opinion that we need a 1-b type center to support Dubois, since Panarin is leaving we'll need to have someone that can drive the play.

I like Henrique and if the price is right, sure. I wouldn't go much more than a secondary prospect or a 2/3 round pick though.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Sure, straight up, one for one? :naughty:

Seriously though, I don't think Henrique fits our needs that much. He's a strong player, don't get me wrong, but we have a Foligno, a Jenner... really too many guys that fit that middle-6 forward mold. It's my opinion that we need a 1-b type center to support Dubois, since Panarin is leaving we'll need to have someone that can drive the play.

I like Henrique and if the price is right, sure. I wouldn't go much more than a secondary prospect or a 2/3 round pick though.
Fair enough. Henrique isn't as much of an offensive catalyst as Duchene or Panarin. I'm not sure how a trade involving Henrique would look, given his 5-year contract extension. Perhaps Dubinsky and Texier for Henrique? Columbus gets four years younger at the cost of a promising center prospect?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Fair enough. Henrique isn't as much of an offensive catalyst as Duchene or Panarin. I'm not sure how a trade involving Henrique would look, given his 5-year contract extension. Perhaps Dubinsky and Texier for Henrique? Columbus gets four years younger at the cost of a promising center prospect?

I think I would rather just hold on to Texier and buyout Dubinsky in the summer. We already have Wennberg who is underperforming offensively for what he’s paid to do and Riley Nash for two more years after this.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Basically what PD9 says above... we are seeing our window creep open, so hot prospects like Tex are important. I'd see us doing something like Dubinsky + Gabriel Carlsson (B level prospect)for Henrique, but not much more.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Panarin + Bobrovsky for Huberdeau + Brassard
UFA bob and Ufa Brassard are equal.

Jarmo wants a young Nhl player and picks prospects for Panarin. Huberdeau fits the young nhl player. Is Jarmo fine with just him? I can see him holding out for a pick or prospect. How important is it for Florida to get the 8th year for both players? Could be a game of chicken. I wonder who gives in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad