Recalled/Assigned: Official thread - D'Amigo and Liles called up

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Keep liles up send reilly to the whl/wj?

Liles has negative value right now. How about we give him a minute eating role like Gardiner last night? I don't think he would do any better / worse. this could help his value so we could dump him or trade Gardiner for assets.

Rielly can come up next year to hopefully a more stable role and defensive team. we lose 1 elc year but gain an rfa year and rielly will know how to prepare for the nhl next year better

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Liles has negative value right now. How about we give him a minute eating role like Gardiner last night? I don't think he would do any better / worse. this could help his value so we could dump him or trade Gardiner for assets.

Rielly can come up next year to hopefully a more stable role and defensive team. we lose 1 elc year but gain an rfa year and rielly will know how to prepare for the nhl next year better

This team is the best team at driving Down the value of good players. That's what this team does best. We can drive down anyone and turn them over and over and never compete indefinitely.

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA
What id like to see Saturday (won't happen):

JvR Kadri Kessel
Lupul Smith Clarkson
Raymond Holland Kulemin
Ashton McClement Damigo

Phaneuf Gunnar
Gardiner Franson
Rielly Liles

Reims/Bernie

Eventually, I'd like to see Devane playing in Ashton/Damigos spot.

leafstilldeath*

What id like to see Saturday (won't happen):

JvR Kadri Kessel
Lupul Smith Clarkson
Raymond Holland Kulemin
Ashton McClement Damigo

Phaneuf Gunnar
Gardiner Franson
Rielly Liles

Reims/Bernie

Eventually, I'd like to see Devane playing in Ashton/Damigos spot.

Would much prefer this:

JvR Kadri/Holland Kessel
Lupul Holland/Kadri Kulemin
Raymond Smith Clarkson
Ashton McClement Damigo/McLaren

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
How can they do there job if they don't play a regular shift? How can anybody on this team play there game with the hard match up game Carlyle deploys? There's this thing in hockey that the best teams have there lines play 30-35 second shifts and come off... With Carlyle you have shifts where lines and even D pairing play 5 seconds, scramble to come off do to this match up game. There's no flow, no momentum for anybody to be at there best with the way Carlyle runs his bench. That's the issue with this team it's not the players it's the micromanaging of the coach that is the problem right now.

Carlyle has a hard on for a shut down line but refuses to adjust his game when this shut down line shuts down nobody... Roll your lines and run a shadow(Phaneuf) instead so that your team can concentrate on PLAYING FULL SHIFTS instead of constantly looking over to the bench when to come off... will do wonders for the forcheck and the flow to there game heck they might even out shoot and out chance a team .
...Well said... I've been saying the same for weeks...It's very difficult to be involved in the game and establish a flow and good forecheck when the coach is fanatically matching lines...Also a 4th line capable of actually playing 8-10 "good" minutes a game is needed and I believe we have the personnel for such a line.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
As much as i hate McLaren's bonehead penalties, you need him in vs Ottawa. We have to keep Neil and Kassian in check.

You dont really have to keep guys like Kassian in check, and guys like Neil will do what they want because most of the time he avoids guys like McLaren and Orr, but I think he's fine as a 4th liner and a better player than Orr. It's when you have both on the same line that problems are caused.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I would like to see:
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupal-Holland-Raymond
Kulmin-Smith-Clarkson
Broll-McClement-D'Amigo

Liles-Phaneuf
Rielly-Gunnarson
Gardiner-Franson

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
I would like to see:
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupal-Holland-Raymond
Kulmin-Smith-Clarkson
Broll-McClement-D'Amigo

Liles-Phaneuf
Rielly-Gunnarson
Gardiner-Franson

Clarkson plays 2nd line if Lupul is up. Their styles compliment each other.

edit: Gardiner has also been our second best defensman this year and has played the most ES minutes. He won't be demoted to the third pairing, nor should he be

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Clarkson plays 2nd line if Lupul is up. Their styles compliment each other.

edit: Gardiner has also been our second best defensman this year and has played the most ES minutes. He won't be demoted to the third pairing, nor should he be

I know i'd prob get bashed for this but i would switch Kadri and holland to have the scoring more spread out. Kadri looked great with lupul and kulimen last year, so why don't we give that a go :P

JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupal-Kadri-Kulimen
Raymond-Smith-Clarkson
Broll-McClement-D'Amigo

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Rielly-Liles
Gardiner-Franson

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
I know i'd prob get bashed for this but i would switch Kadri and holland to have the scoring more spread out. Kadri looked great with lupul and kulimen last year, so why don't we give that a go :P

JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupal-Kadri-Kulimen
Raymond-Smith-Clarkson
Broll-McClement-D'Amigo

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Rielly-Liles
Gardiner-Franson

Yeah I'm a "roll four lines" fan after seeing the success in San Jose and St.Louis and other markets where the philosophy is being employed. I would pull out the fighters entirely and have some bangers that also fight. Also Smith scores dude. He has 7 points in 9 games playing at 3C and 2C. Those other 9 where he played with Colton Orr and FML he literally had NO CHANCE to score. So right now he's jsut about palying at a PPG, albeit in a small sample size.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Smith-Clarkson
Raymond-Holland-Kulemin
Ashton-McClemment-d'Amigo

I'd have on d:

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Ranger.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Kulemin-Lupul-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-D'Amigo
Broll-McClement-Holland

Rielly-Phaneuf
Gunnarsson-Liles
Gardiner-Franson

Keep Lupul off the boards, he's better at face-offs than Holland.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Kulemin-Lupul-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-D'Amigo
Broll-McClement-Holland

Rielly-Phaneuf
Gunnarsson-Liles
Gardiner-Franson

Keep Lupul off the boards, he's better at face-offs than Holland.

but as a moderator you should also know that he is one of the worst defensive players on the team. Although I suppose Kulemin and Clarkson could make up for his shortcomings with their collapsing down low.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
raymond-Holland-Lupul
Clarkson-Smith-Kulemin
Broll-McClement-D'Amigo

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Gunnerson-Liles
Reilly-Franson

First line did well, might as well repeat.

Second line would have a lot of skill and speed; i'd rather have smith up there except smith seemed to do well with the slow clarkson.
Third line seems to click and kule can win the boards, is fast, defensively responsible and can play the cycle game.

fourth line wouldn't matter too much with 4 min a game and mcclement would get some rest.

Gardiner-Phaneuf won it in OT, why not again? Gardiner is looking better overall on D especially with puck possession.

with liles, there is some speed on the gunnar pairing and less shutdown pressure, and franson and reilly would be spending minimal time on the ice, except the pp.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Watching now, I think we could replace Kulemin with D'amigo. I'm a huge Kulemin lover but if he can fetch us a defenceman, D'amigo can step in for him. Didnt think he'd be able to but watching him so far, he's excellent. Active stick, hard forecheck, relentless skater. Love it. Might have a bit off untapped offensive talent too if anyone saw that beauty pass he made last night.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Watching now, I think we could replace Kulemin with D'amigo. I'm a huge Kulemin lover but if he can fetch us a defenceman, D'amigo can step in for him. Didnt think he'd be able to but watching him so far, he's excellent. Active stick, hard forecheck, relentless skater. Love it. Might have a bit off untapped offensive talent too if anyone saw that beauty pass he made last night.

Really liked what I saw from Jerry last night. He's quite similar to Kulemin in that both are great system guys. They get to their forechecks so fast because they know their routes inside and out. He is a bit smaller than Kulie; where we might gain a bit of offensive awareness with him, you may lose a few more board battles. If this is the NHL D'Amigo we should be expecting, he's going to be fine. I'd still like to see him keep pace over a good chunk of schedule though.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Really liked what I saw from Jerry last night. He's quite similar to Kulemin in that both are great system guys. They get to their forechecks so fast because they know their routes inside and out. He is a bit smaller than Kulie; where we might gain a bit of offensive awareness with him, you may lose a few more board battles. If this is the NHL D'Amigo we should be expecting, he's going to be fine. I'd still like to see him keep pace over a good chunk of schedule though.

His fitness level is other-worldly so I dont think thatll be a problem. Board battles Im not worried about cause of his work ethic.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If D'Amigo keeps this play up, I would have 0 issues dealing Kulemin at the deadline for some picks and have D'Amigo play in his spot.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Id like to see damigo play more than 4th line minutes. Frattin, kadri, damigo were the best marlie line on many occasions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad