OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't see anybody buying 1510 AM even for this

24312730_10213756409077168_1079753477014385018_n.jpg

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Felger is trashing the Debrusk, Senyshen and Zboril picks and the non-selection of Barzal. He says they need Debrusk badly because the other two are whiffs and Barzal is a stud.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Felger is trashing the Debrusk, Senyshen and Zboril picks and the non-selection of Barzal. He says they need Debrusk badly because the other two are whiffs and Barzal is a stud.
I'm so sick of his schtick. I've been switching over to WFAN when Zo's show is over. I do like the new app though, much better than using Tunein, I'm a happy girl :)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yeah, so? He's doing what a talk show host does. He overstates things to get a reaction from the listeners and motivate them enough to call in and disagree. And you know what? He's not wrong at this point. Now obviously the book on those guys hasn't really been written, but it's an easy second guess when the team goes out on a limb and drafts guys that are considered reaches where they were selected and Barzal is in the league contributing in a meaningful way for another team.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yeah, so? He's doing what a talk show host does. He overstates things to get a reaction from the listeners and motivate them enough to call in and disagree. And you know what? He's not wrong at this point. Now obviously the book on those guys hasn't really been written, but it's an easy second guess when the team goes out on a limb and drafts guys that are considered reaches where they were selected and Barzal is in the league contributing in a meaningful way for another team.
Lonnie, since when did you start putting together rational and reasoned arguments?

Reactions: LSCII

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Aside from Lonnie’s worship of Felger he is right. Felger has a valid point/opinion wether you agree with it or not. Just because you disagree with it doesn’t make any host a shit stirrer.

Of course I still thank God I don’t listen to that show anymore.

Last edited:

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
What's wrong with that take? Every expert on draft day blew their tops when the Bruins passed on Barzal, especially for Seynshyn who was projected as a mid to late 2nd rounder. The 3 picks right after the Bruins 3, are all in the league and widely regarded as some of the best young players around, and Barzal might be a superstar. What's wrong with Felger trashing that?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
What's wrong with that take? Every expert on draft day blew their tops when the Bruins passed on Barzal, especially for Seynshyn who was projected as a mid to late 2nd rounder. The 3 picks right after the Bruins 3, are all in the league and widely regarded as some of the best young players around, and Barzal might be a superstar. What's wrong with Felger trashing that?
Nothing, didn't say there was. Felger is spot on.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Nothing, didn't say there was. Felger is spot on.
Oh, okay lol. Carry on, then. I misinterpreted your post, there are a lot of...*individuals* who write off everything negative Felger says as some kind of "schtick", even when it's legitimate criticism. I'm glad to see you're not one of those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad