OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Very disappointed with Dale & Holley mocking apologizes yesterday considering the two guys who host the morning show on their own station.

Glass houses and whatnot.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Very disappointed with Dale & Holley mocking apologizes yesterday considering the two guys who host the morning show on their own station.

Bummer. I've always enjoyed their show.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Bummer. I've always enjoyed their show.

I mean, Minihane crossed the line with his criticism of Erin Andrews, and then gave a sarcastic non-apology apology.

And Callahan....wait, did he ever apologize for what he and Dennis said? I don't believe so. But there was WEEI yesterday having a grand old time. (And I have to say, #JusticeForDoc seems pretty f***ing tasteless to me, make jokes about firing Felger fine, but maybe leave the guy who died out of it?)

I expect better from both Dale and Holley. And I know Dale reads this forum, and he'll never find me saying a bad word on here about him before. Just seemed shortsighted and hypocritical to me. Not a good look for the show and hosts.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Huh? Dale and Holley constantly go after the morning show and bash them. Many examples of late. Their mocking of that apology was valid because it was a bad one IMO

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Huh? Dale and Holley constantly go after the morning show and bash them. Many examples of late. Their mocking of that apology was valid because it was a bad one IMO

Playing out of context snippets can make anything look bad. I heard the full apology and thought it was sincere. No hedging, owned it. We can agree to disagree on that, fine.

But mocking bad apologies when the assholes at your own station gave obviously shitty apologies (or in Callahan's case never gave one period) came across as absurd and tone deaf.

I expect a dickhead like Minihane to do what he did. I have a much higher opinion of Dale and Holley.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I don't think kirk and michael get along, it's not like they are one big happy family. The Dennis and Callahan thing was how many years ago now? When you're in their business, you usually step in it at some point.

As for kirk, i think he basically admits his apologies are forced on him. Or at least he seems to hint at it. Didn't hear the dale and holley segment you're referring to but it's a business and they probably see a chance to win over some listeners.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
love the Butchie by the Fireplace look. i say keep it forever or at least do similar things in the future.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I wonder if John Dennis was still employed by eei if they would be doing what they are doing?

I like Felger. If he wasn't on the show, I wouldn't listen. That being said, he was way out of line with his rant. His defense of the "Deserve to die" thing was flimsy at best.

I don't think he deserves a suspension, but if he does something like this again, then yes, suspend his ass/fire him.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I wonder if John Dennis was still employed by eei if they would be doing what they are doing?

I like Felger. If he wasn't on the show, I wouldn't listen. That being said, he was way out of line with his rant. His defense of the "Deserve to die" thing was flimsy at best.

I don't think he deserves a suspension, but if he does something like this again, then yes, suspend his ass/fire him.
That is where the apology went down the crapper for me. You don't come out and say sorry and then try to defend yourself at the same time. Just say you screwed up and leave it at that.

If he does it again he should be suspended for the only reason that he was told not to the first time and snubs the bosses.

Reactions: TP

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
NBC Sports Boston suspends Michael Felger for controversial comments about Roy Halladay

NBC Sports Boston suspends Michael Felger for controversial comments about Roy Halladay

I forgot that he trashed Dale Earnhardt as well. That was stupid too, given that's how the guy made his living. Regardless of whether anyone thinks race car driving is stupid or dangerous, it's still a legitimate sport all over the world.

Suspending Felger on what's basically a holiday Friday through Sunday is the proverbial slap on the wrist. That said, I'm not sure what else NBC Sports Boston could do here, they certainly aren't firing the guy for this (and he shouldn't be canned for this) so they "suspend" him for what amounts to a day to show that they aren't happy with what he said. I guess that's all they can do given the backlash about Felger's rant. They had to do something. I imagine he's on thin ice with them though as this was just bad press pretty much everywhere. If he screws up on this level again I would think he wouldn't be given as much leniency.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Given the mention of earnhardt and the NBC sports link with nascar i bet that's what led to "suspension"

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I forgot that he trashed Dale Earnhardt as well. That was stupid too, given that's how the guy made his living. Regardless of whether anyone thinks race car driving is stupid or dangerous, it's still a legitimate sport all over the world.

Suspending Felger on what's basically a holiday Friday through Sunday is the proverbial slap on the wrist. That said, I'm not sure what else NBC Sports Boston could do here, they certainly aren't firing the guy for this (and he shouldn't be canned for this) so they "suspend" him for what amounts to a day to show that they aren't happy with what he said. I guess that's all they can do given the backlash about Felger's rant. They had to do something. I imagine he's on thin ice with them though as this was just bad press pretty much everywhere. If he screws up on this level again I would think he wouldn't be given as much leniency.

Keep in mind that NBC Sports Boston will have almost nobody watching on Sunday night because the Pats will be playing SNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad