Colin Tonge (148)
Matthew Bumstead (168)
Jonathan Hampton (208)
Sean Durzi (228)
Jordan Thompson (248)
Daniel Heelis (268)
Logam Freiburger (276)
Jacob McLennan (288)

Mete has already declared that he doesn't see the OHL as an option, which means that he could possibly have his rights traded. Any theories?

And while we're here, any thoughts on the other draft choices?

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Owen Sound Attack Priority Draft selections

Victor Mete (8)
William Knierim (32)
Jonah Gadjovich (39)
Keenan Reynolds (67)
Kevin Hancock (88)
Anthony Hora (91)
Michael Botiz (128)
Colin Tonge (148)
Matthew Bumstead (168)
Jonathan Hampton (208)
Sean Durzi (228)
Jordan Thompson (248)
Daniel Heelis (268)
Logam Freiburger (276)
Jacob McLennan (288)

Mete has already declared that he doesn't see the OHL as an option, which means that he could possibly have his rights traded. Any theories?

Can't say much on Knierim but I hear he'll be playing for you guys this year. Gadjovich will be a fan favorite by the end of this season because he can literally do it all. He's quite the steal. Reynolds will probably be called up for a handful of games next year but he's a hard working two way forward. Hancock Tonge Thompson are also future good picks.

fanofdo

Oct 31, 2009
Does Owen Sound have their own forum somewhere else? Their fans don't post here very much. Bit surprised with their good attendance and knowledgeable fans.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Gadjovich is the prototypical OwenSound forward. Extremely hard to play against, loves to crash and bang and will put the puck in the net here and there as well.

watcherofhockey

Jan 19, 2014
Gadjovich is the prototypical OwenSound forward. Extremely hard to play against, loves to crash and bang and will put the puck in the net here and there as well.

Will be interesting to see how his feet progress this summer as that's obviously the MAJOR area of concern right now. He's got decent north-south speed once he gets going but his agility, balance, and turning need a ton of work.

With that being said, he's a guy who should be a major contributor by his third season and should have the potential to be a point-per-game player by 19 as well.

They should have three OHL players between him, Knierim and Reynolds so that's a good start. Hancock needs to get stronger but he's someone I definitely have some time for. The D is a pretty big concern in this draft as I like Hora but there's no doubt that this one could be a bit of a black hole for them looking back.

watcherofhockey

Jan 19, 2014
Interesting tidbit: Knierim will now join Owen Sound's 2012 third round pick, Evan Smith, with the Fighting Saints next year.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
What do OwenSound fans think is going to happen on the backend next season.. 7 returning D with Rose the only one leaving. Who's the odd man out?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Pretty bummed about Knierim committing to Miami, but there's still the chance he backs out of it after next season. I expect Mete to be traded as soon as the August window opens up, so that will likely bring back just picks if anything.

Puts a lot of pressure on Gadjovich to develop as the top kid on the team from his age group, though he can be supplemented by players in the next year or two.

With Annechiarico apparently moving up to forward, or at least having to fight for that spot, it seems the defence is going to be set and be a real strength of the team.

The biggest questions for the Attack are up front and in net. Do they keep Hope or Flinn? Or both? McNiven looks like he's going to be ready to be a platoon goalie this season. Flinn had a strong finish but Hope proved to be a quality starter last season and I could only see moving him if he returned something of value.

Up front, Szypula has to take a giant leap forward, hopefully his apprenticeship this year got him ready for it. The Top Six looks decent but lacks a really exciting offensive talent, so Szylpula has room to grow into the role. Cook, Nasty, Platzer, and Milne are the only real returning point producers, so Lindo if he can get healthy will also be expected to move up in the lineup. And who knows if a guy like Brack turns into something more offensively inclined than the all out engine he was this season.

Also have to look at what the Attack do at the import draft. I highly doubt Gabor will be back next season, and the team could really use an 18 year old scorer, somebody who's ready to put up points. Not always easy to get that guy into Owen Sound, but Dale has shown to be resourceful.

For those wondering, this is the link to the Attack forum:

http://www.jrahockey.com/Forums/Attack/Forum.html

Hfboards just isn't our place on a consistent basis. During the season, Electric Ice is quite active, so go there for Attack news.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
Owen Sound Attack Priority Draft selections

Victor Mete (8)
William Knierim (32)
Jonah Gadjovich (39)
Keenan Reynolds (67)
Kevin Hancock (88)
Anthony Hora (91)
Michael Botiz (128)
Colin Tonge (148)
Matthew Bumstead (168)
Jonathan Hampton (208)
Sean Durzi (228)
Jordan Thompson (248)
Daniel Heelis (268)
Logam Freiburger (276)
Jacob McLennan (288)

Mete is one of the best skaters in the draft. Would be a shame if he doesn't report.

Not much out there about Knierim. Reports say he's a big body, that moves well. Won't report either. Surprising, since Owen Sound traded up and targeted. Danger of selecting US born players.

With their 1st 2 picks not reporting, Jonah Gadjovich (6'1-195lbs), will now be expected to step into the lineup and contribute. He's a North South player with decent hands. Won't back down from anyone. He can play in all 3 zones. Will make the team as their top reporting pick.

Reynolds (6'1 -195) is an interesting player. He has prototypical OHL size and moves really well for a big kid. Played both wing and centre this year. One of my favorite players from OEMHL this season. Has huge upside IMO.

Hancock is a finisher. Has great hands and a deceptive release. Only seen him play several times, but he has scored in every game I've watched. Was a member of that powerhouse Jr. Canadiens team that won the GTHL. Has the smarts to be a top 6 player down the road.

Tonge is the only other player I've seen. He's smart with the puck. Has excellent vision. Needs to work on skating and adding size to his frame. Probably needs a developmental season before jumping to the OHL.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Dark horse pick..Logan Freiburger. Local kid..out of Tara. Oozes talent, just a little small right now. Great vision, shot, wheels..whole package. Plays without fear. Leader on every team he has played on.

OTownApologist

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Mete is one of the best skaters in the draft. Would be a shame if he doesn't report.

Not much out there about Knierim. Reports say he's a big body, that moves well. Won't report either. Surprising, since Owen Sound traded up and targeted. Danger of selecting US born players.

With their 1st 2 picks not reporting, Jonah Gadjovich (6'1-195lbs), will now be expected to step into the lineup and contribute. He's a North South player with decent hands. Won't back down from anyone. He can play in all 3 zones. Will make the team as their top reporting pick.

Reynolds (6'1 -195) is an interesting player. He has prototypical OHL size and moves really well for a big kid. Played both wing and centre this year. One of my favorite players from OEMHL this season. Has huge upside IMO.

Hancock is a finisher. Has great hands and a deceptive release. Only seen him play several times, but he has scored in every game I've watched. Was a member of that powerhouse Jr. Canadiens team that won the GTHL. Has the smarts to be a top 6 player down the road.

Tonge is the only other player I've seen. He's smart with the puck. Has excellent vision. Needs to work on skating and adding size to his frame. Probably needs a developmental season before jumping to the OHL.

Listened to an interview today with Ian MacLellan about these 4 guys, he's pretty high (obviously) on all of them. Talked about how all the picks this year are meamt to be "Owen Sound type players," which is great to hear. A little grit never hurt anyone. Aside from the obvious, of course.

He specifically mentioned Reynolds as an old school, take no prisoners type of player, who hits violently and through people. Plays like it's the 70's.

Great set of big guys to go along with the skill we picked up last season.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I'm surprised only one Owen Sound player was taken in NHL draft. How do Attack fans feel about this?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Owen Sound signs a big 6'8 defender to add to what already looks like a pretty crowded back end... Who's the odd man (men?) out now?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
These are the other players that were overlooked in their 1st year of NHL draft eligibility:

Gilligan
Brack
Hargrave
Centorame
Sharipzyanov
Flinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad