Rumor: Official non Penguins Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Keep this thread to non Penguins NHL trades and rumors please.

dcced80c67a7e4af8d36088287446bb2.gif

Pens rumors and trades can be found here:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder how long it will take Clarke to blame Hextall on that bad return for Giroux.

"If Hextall hadn't handed Giroux that NMC we'd have gotten a huge return!"

(I have no idea if Hextall was the GM that signed Giroux to his current deal, but neither does Bobby Clarke probably)

I had to check, he was just the assistant GM when that happened. He was made GM not too long after that, though :laugh:

You know any people that would willingly go back to Philly after moving to Florida for 2-4 months?

Yeah good for them, a Lindholm-McAvoy top pair is going to be dominant for the next 5 or so years.

Toronto will go after Gio now I am guessing. Florida vs Bos/Tor and Tampa vs Bos/Tor.

I wonder what’s going to happen when Florida loses in the first round 😂

Their fans will be outraged. All 12 of them.

Gonna be a weird game April 24th when Pens play a Girouxless Flyers team.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Think you can argue either way on how the Flyers did considering the NMC - not sure I believe in Tippett myself tbh - but pretty inarguable they got hosed compared to what could have been if Giroux had been even a bit flexible.

Such a shame.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Lindholm hasn’t been the same player in a couple years, we’ll see if it’s just the poopy team effect. That Atlantic Division gauntlet is extreme.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Shame that Giroux didn't bend over backwards to help the Flyers organization that wasted his entire career chasing such illustrious talents as Hayes, Ristolainen, Luke Schenn, etc.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It must hurt to have your franchise player moved for a pick you won’t even be able to enjoy as a fan for at least 2 years. It’s basically just for Owen Tippett. I just wouldn’t trade him at that point. Flyers org is such a dumpster fire.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Gotta admit…. Lindholm for 8 years at 6.5….
With what Chiarot returned, its hard not to think about having traded Dumo and then made the Lindholm trade, isn’t it?

Lindholm Letang
Matheson Marino

That’s a top4.

Anyway. Good deal for Boston.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Think you can argue either way on how the Flyers did considering the NMC - not sure I believe in Tippett myself tbh - but pretty inarguable they got hosed compared to what could have been if Giroux had been even a bit flexible.

Such a shame.

Tippett always gave me Virtanen vibes (minus the dirtbag human being part). Good shot and good skater, but limited in every other aspect of the game to prevent him from ever being more than a (at best) 15-20-ish goal winger with no playmaking ability or creativity.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Read that Giroux said he'd open up on his NTC if Philadelphia guaranteed he'd be brought back in the summer, and they said no. That's a whole lot of wow if true.

edit: Doesn't sound like the most reliable source.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Florida loading up with former Flyers with ringless Jumbo Joe already hanging around the press box. Doesn't seem like the best recipe for success.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Read that Giroux said he'd open up on his NTC if Philadelphia guaranteed he'd be brought back in the summer, and they said no. That's a whole lot of wow if true.

Doesn't sound like he has a home quite locked down for next season.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

Someone on the Flyers board suggested Bob Clarke didn't want to see his records broken by Giroux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad