Salary Cap: Official LA Kings 2017-18 Organization Chart

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
That was pretty much my aim (waiver information), I think we all know that Handzus has the only clause on the team and that that clause is a No-Movement Clause. It would be an annoyance to add another bracket just for that because I would have to adjust a few rows and go down the line. I would do it if I knew all the 2 way contracts we have so that it would be more than just adding one NMC, unless I were to just jam it in there with his UFA marker.

Well just to make it clear......2-way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility. The only Kings players right now who do not have to clear waivers (besides the rookies who haven't played in the NHL) in order to be sent to Manchester are....

Doughty
Quick
Moller
Simmonds

Zad

Dec 1, 2005
OC
www.lakingsnews.com
That is not a 1 beer thread. Telos, you have earned a few beers and tapas. Consider this post your gift card. wooa, just had the second earthquake of the day...anyway...

Nothing contained herein is intended as a binding contract. The brand and quality of beer, type of tapas and location of purchase is solely at the discretion of the beer and tapas provider. Some restrictions apply. Valid only in L.A. and Orange County. Go Kings.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
That is not a 1 beer thread. Telos, you have earned a few beers and tapas. Consider this post your gift card. wooa, just had the second earthquake of the day...anyway...

Nothing contained herein is intended as a binding contract. The brand and quality of beer, type of tapas and location of purchase is solely at the discretion of the beer and tapas provider. Some restrictions apply. Valid only in L.A. and Orange County. Go Kings.

:laugh: Thanks, if I ever find myself in LA/Staples at a home game again I will consider it ;)

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
You know, I just thought of something dangerous. What if San Jose really does get blown up by Wilson this summer? Given DL's history, I have a feeling he may jump at a chance to pick up the pieces. Anyone have any concern DL will be looking at his former team to make some deals? Marleau, Cheechoo, Nabokov, Thornton, etc etc... They may all be on the table and given how Dean drafted several of the players himself... I am a little afraid of the possibilities being presented to Lombardi.

JDM

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
lakingsnews.com
You know, I just thought of something dangerous. What if San Jose really does get blown up by Wilson this summer? Given DL's history, I have a feeling he may jump at a chance to pick up the pieces. Anyone have any concern DL will be looking at his former team to make some deals? Marleau, Cheechoo, Nabokov, Thornton, etc etc... They may all be on the table and given how Dean drafted several of the players himself... I am a little afraid of the possibilities being presented to Lombardi.

A scary point indeed. Luckily I would think (hope) that San Jose would want to move those players at the least out of their division.

You never know though. Really there are three players I would want to trade for on that team and you didn't mention one of them.

Setoguchi
Clowe
Vlasic

Other than that, noooooo thank you!

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
A scary point indeed. Luckily I would think (hope) that San Jose would want to move those players at the least out of their division.

You never know though. Really there are three players I would want to trade for on that team and you didn't mention one of them.

Setoguchi
Clowe
Vlasic

Other than that, noooooo thank you!

If the price were right, Marleau wouldn't strike you as appealing?

JDM

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
lakingsnews.com
If the price were right, Marleau wouldn't strike you as appealing?

Hmmm.... what's the 'right' price?

If he were signed longer maybe I'd be more interested.

I guess if it was a steal of a deal I would take him, but I don't think I'd want to trade away what most would probably consider fair value for him.

Let's take Johnson. I would trade a package around Johnson for the three I mentioned, but Marleau. If San Jose was just cutting salary and wanted picks and prospects, I probably would. The 5th overall? I would definately trade it for a handful of players, but I don't think I would for Marleau. Maybe I'm stupid, or crazy. Or both.

I'd be more inclined to wait until he's UFA and sign him then, when we hopefully have a year of playoffs under our belt. Now? He's too old for me to be someone to build around with this group, and not superstarish enough to want to give away too much of this team to get him.

Marleau is a great player, one whose game I've always admired and respected, but I just don't think he's for the Kings for whatever reason.

Youngblood93

Nov 21, 2007
Los Angeles
Which UFA or UFA's should the Kings sign?

Who do you want the Kings to sign come July 1st? Who would fit in and gel right away with this young core?

I would like to see DL sign Hossa or Gaborik to play on the top line and go after Moen for the 3rd. I think Moen would be a nice fit with Simmonds and Handzus.

Thoughts?

Fingolfin

Mar 9, 2003
Costa Mesa, CA
Gaborik yes. . .someone remind me why we want Moen?

Name one mean, gritty, shutdown forward the Kings have in the system that would complement Handzus and Simmonds? Until guys like Cliche or Lewis have proven they're ready to handle that role in the NHL, I'd rather see the Kings get a legit 3rd liner who can help stop the opponents top players night in and night out.

Moen would be a great pickup.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hudler is RFA. Not sure if the Wings have cap space to keep Hossa and match a Bernier/Backes-esque offer sheet to Hudler.

Sandino

Feb 3, 2006
Well if we're going after superstars, it's between two players for me..

Bouwmeester - love the idea of having a legit #1 and 2 defenseman in Bo and Dough. Going against teams like Anaheim, San Jose, and Detroit in the playoffs is going to be a tough task. We need a STRONG blueline to lead us to the Cup.

Hossa - out of him and Gaborik, I would want the better overall player, and Hossa is the better player. He's like Frolov with more natural goal scoring instincts.

Dean acquiring a player like Travis Moen would be ideal. We need strong depth that can play a regular shift.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
What about the controversial free agents or 2nd tier guys? Ex-Kings, aging vets, you get the picture. Saying you want the Kings to sign a Gaborik, Hossa or Bouwmeester is easy but I started to think about the other guys. What about Jaromir Jagr? If he gets out of that Russian deal do you offer him money, is he too old, or is he a done deal back to Pittsburgh? Bertuzzi. Not the same player he once was, you can expect 40-50 points, no longer dominates physically but can still make plays, doesn't cost a lot and would look good on the 2nd line. Cammy. Is the bridge completely burned or does Dean offer him a deal? Kings need goals but his size and salary demands seem like a very poor fit for LA, obviously. Rob Blake. UFA dman once again, obviously a poor fit but do you bring him back to "mentor" Jack Johnson again. Mike Grier. A little too old but fits the Murray system and he's played in SJ. Sammy Pahlsson. Great 3rd line center, shut down guy. Lappy, seems like a good fit, 4th line center. John Madden? Sergei Zubov? Very interesting defensemen especially if Jack Johnson is traded. Do you give him the retirement deal? Matt Schneider? 40 years old, give him a 1 year deal? Phillipe Boucher or Mattias Ohlund?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Bertuzzi-pass
Grier-possibly
Pahlsson-already have Handzus
Madden, Zubov, Schneider-pass
Jagr-hmm...
Cammy-will be a duck
Lappy-Now you're talking!!!

JDM

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
lakingsnews.com
What about Jaromir Jagr? If he gets out of that Russian deal do you offer him money, is he too old, or is he a done deal back to Pittsburgh?

Mmm.... maybe for a low price. Certainly wouldn't throw any big sort of bucks at him, but I like the way you're thinking.

Bertuzzi. Not the same player he once was, you can expect 40-50 points, no longer dominates physically but can still make plays, doesn't cost a lot and would look good on the 2nd line.

Good point, but I just couldn't handle Bertuzzi on this team.

Cammy. Is the bridge completely burned or does Dean offer him a deal? Kings need goals but his size and salary demands seem like a very poor fit for LA, obviously.

Fantasy land, but it would be ironic, funny and cool.

Rob Blake. UFA dman once again, obviously a poor fit but do you bring him back to "mentor" Jack Johnson again.

How dare you even mention that. He already slowed down Johnson's development enough. Johnson needs OD. No one needs Blake.

Mike Grier. A little too old but fits the Murray system and he's played in SJ.

Yes.

Sammy Pahlsson. Great 3rd line center, shut down guy.

Last year I would have said YES!, but with Zus' turn around season, no room for him. Great player, but redundant.

Lappy, seems like a good fit, 4th line center.

I'd give my left nut... hell, both nuts, to have Lappy back.

John Madden?

Sure, why not.

[/QUOTE]Sergei Zubov? Very interesting defensemen especially if Jack Johnson is traded. Do you give him the retirement deal?
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, no.

Matt Schneider? 40 years old, give him a 1 year deal?

Negatory.

Phillipe Boucher or Mattias Ohlund?

Boucher no, Ohlund sure.

Other interesting names:

Nick Boynton
Saku Koivu
Robert Lang
Manny Malhotra
Brian Gionta
Chris Neil :yo:
Tom Kostopolous
Ales Kotalik
Chad LaRose
Colton Orr
Stephane Veilleux
David Koci
Christian Backman
Lasse Kukkonen
Johnny Oduya

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Mike Knuble perhaps. Chris Neil if the money is right. Make a run at Gaborik for sure though.

two out of three*

I kinda lose my faith in humanity when Moen is thrown in as a player that the Kings fans want.

Why do we want him? What EXACTLY does he do? Just because he plays on the third line doesn't mean he's "gritty."

Chris Neil is a WAY better option than Moen.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Bertuzzi. Not the same player he once was, you can expect 40-50 points, no longer dominates physically but can still make plays, doesn't cost a lot and would look good on the 2nd line.

I'm not really excited about any of your choices. But if Bertuzzi ever becomes a King, I will cease being a Kings fan.

I'd like to see Gaborik on a short contract. I don't see Hossa ever coming here. For the most part, I'd like DL to continue to fill the holes from within and see if any of Lewis, Clune, Boyle, Hickey or Drewiske can stick next year. The main need is a scoring forward. My hunch is that DL adds this through a trade and the guy we get is not a tier 1 player. I think the lack of toughness issue is a bit overblown. But it'd be nice to stratch Ivanans on most nights and dress someone with grit who can actually play. So an upgrade there would be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad