*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Is it panic time in K-town yet? Back to back loses to Erie has to be crushing. I really think Management needs to fulfill its early promise to the team of going for it for the 50yr tribute. This team needs a quick turnaround and I for one would like to see it. Thing is, its not just one player...they need a few!

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Is it panic time in K-town yet? Back to back loses to Erie has to be crushing. I really think Management needs to fulfill its early promise to the team of going for it for the 50yr tribute. This team needs a quick turnaround and I for one would like to see it. Thing is, its not just one player...they need a few!

I agree they need to fill some holes, but let's not be too hasty on this back-to-back losses to Erie thing. Did you see the Ranger lineup?

No Puempel, Rieder, Faksa, Murphy, Bailey, Gibson or Ming.

How long do you think that Knight streak would last without Griffith, Horvat, Domi, Baillie, Harrington, Maatta and Tierney?

Let's be realistic here.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
We are missing Harrington, Matta, Zadarov, Raine (4 of 5 best D) and Domi sat out more than half of OS game and suspended for Guelph and Kingston today) Pretty big holes to fill. 2 Fs without D exp., Ferry, and a jrB Dman filled in.

Beat the 2 best west conf teams in under 24 hrs. Didnt allow a single 5 on 5 goal thru those 2 games. Both goalies played.

But I get what your saying, a couple losses isnt a reason to panic, but the season long trend may be.

KnightRanger

Dec 30, 2009
Waterloo
We are missing Harrington, Matta, Zadarov, Raine (4 of 5 best D) and Domi sat out more than half of OS game and suspended for Guelph and Kingston today) Pretty big holes to fill. 2 Fs without D exp., Ferry, and a jrB Dman filled in.

Beat the 2 best west conf teams in under 24 hrs. Didnt allow a single 5 on 5 goal thru those 2 games. Both goalies played.

But I get what your saying, a couple losses isnt a reason to panic, but the season long trend may be.

My thoughts exactly! At this point in the season, your team needs to be pretty deep on its own to consider going for it. The Rangers are strong in the net and strong defensively. But they just can't score!

If the Rangers could some how pull off a trade with Sarnia to get their top line from them, then I would be on the go for it train! That would make them an instant threat with 2 lines that can score. Picking up one forward and one D, just isn't going to get the job done. And that's what I see happening.

Just has to be ALL IN or ALL OUT, I side on the ALL OUT side, but has to one or the other.

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
Anyone have extra tickets please PM me.
Looking for Jan 11th Sting game.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
so when the top players aren't in the line up the rangers apparently cant win!!!!!! We really need the boys back

H44

Aug 31, 2011
Keli Grant scored two goals tonight - he is having a good year with the Dutchmen - maybe they should keep him up with the Rangers - they would need to give him ice time though.

Acad

Mar 17, 2012
Few guys I would like to see Kitchener target :

Harper(Erie)
Austen Brassard (Bellevile)
Brandon Robinson(Brampton)
Alan Quine(Peterborough)

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
So the question still remains....are we buyers or sellers?
As per @1rangerfan twitter (Loneranger), sounds like a couple deals may be in the works but no indication which way it favors.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Rangers have 2 of the top 5 or 6 goalies in the league. Can't keep both. Gotta trade one of them.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So it appears that I'll be going to the game on Friday night against Sarnia. :yo: :)

Will Yakupov still be playing for the Sting that night, or will he already be getting ready for the start of the NHL season???

Hopefully we win, but I wanted to hopefully watch Yak in person play as well. :)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
So when Spott talked to Corrado he told him he could have one of two things, make team Canada or get traded to the Rangers. Well he didn't pick the first one...

If the rumours are true.

rangersfan88

Sep 7, 2012
So it appears that I'll be going to the game on Friday night against Sarnia. :yo: :)

Will Yakupov still be playing for the Sting that night, or will he already be getting ready for the start of the NHL season???

Hopefully we win, but I wanted to hopefully watch Yak in person play as well. :)

Yakupov has been in the khl all season didn't report to sarnia , galchenyuk will be gone to Montreal I assume

massey

Sep 5, 2012

WRONG PLAYER,Yak dont play for sarnia this year.It is Galchenyuk you will be seeing MAYBE.He might be gone to Montreal's training camp???

rangersfan88

Sep 7, 2012
Just read on twitter not sure how reliable this is but leivo and corrado for palazzese and schmalz and one more

izzys

Dec 12, 2010
not 100% sure yet but it looks like

Corrado and Leivo to Kitchener for Pallazese, Schmaltz and ?

Acad

Mar 17, 2012
From Hicks on Twitter

‏@HicksJD

"Frank for Franky? Hear Coraddo due south. Palazzese due north. Leivo to leavo for Aud. Schmalz and one more fed to Wolves."

My guess :

To Sudbury : Palazzese, Schamltz(sp*) and picks

To Kitchener : Leivo, Corrado

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
If Murphy, Faksa and Rieder hit it off when they come back, this team could be back into it. Leivo and Corrado are excellent additions. Corrado takes some of the strain off Murphy's back and gives him a great partner to play with, Leivo will make it so we can actually have two scoring lines again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad