OT: Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasereyes26

Dec 6, 2010
Hey does anyone know where the best place to get a jersey framed would be? Ive noticed that Jerseyed does them, but for $349, do they do a good job? Or is there a better/cheaper place?

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hey does anyone know where the best place to get a jersey framed would be? Ive noticed that Jerseyed does them, but for $349, do they do a good job? Or is there a better/cheaper place?

Never going back to that store again... my girlfriend spent 120$ on a down payment to get me a custom Vintage 1994 Stanley Cup Rangers Brian Leetch jersey for my birthday.. they told her it would take a few weeks just in time for my birthday... my birthday roles along.. and they told her that it would take another few weeks and that they'd contact her. A few weeks later... no phone call so she calls them.. and the dude she dealt with before was on vacation and they had no idea what she was talking about.. that the dude would be back from vacation next week and that they'd look into it... a few weeks go by... still nothing... so she calls back... pretty pissed off since I never got my birthday present two months later... And the dude says that the jersey should have come in.. and that someone must have put it on the floor and sold it to a customer... Long story short... I never got my jersey :rant:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Look at Germotte Studio (close to Richmond Road at Churchill). Talk to Ziad. They do most of the Sens players stuff. They've hung a Redden jersey as an example of what they can do if you go to visit. Really good quality people and product. They have a website.

Pietraneglo222

Never going back to that store again. My girlfriend spent 120$ on a down payment to get me a custom Vintage 1994 Stanley Cup Rangers Brian Leetch jersey for my birthday and they told her it would take a few weeks, just in time for my birthday. My birthday then rolls along and they told her that it would take another few weeks and that they'd contact her. A few weeks later, no phone call so she calls them and the dude she dealt with before was on vacation so they had no idea what she was talking about. Turns out the dude would be back from vacation next week and that they'd look into it. A few weeks go by and still nothing. So she calls back and the dude says that the jersey should have come in and that someone must have put it on the floor and sold it to a customer. Pretty pissed off since I never got my birthday present two months later. Long story short: I never got my jersey :rant:
fixed?

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario
looks like they did you a favour. Were you drunk when you asked to have a shirt framed? You can't even wear it.

Sometimes framed Jersey's are nice. I have my first ever Sens jersey that I would LOVE to be framed. Its teeny, as I bought it when I was 7. Totally old school, and I'd love to have it framed with my letter from the Sens/Autographs from the 1992 team.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Shamelessly stealing the idea from the Flyers thread.

ecseller.com
borntradejersey.com
jersey101.com

These three seem to have the best reputation. I bought two from borntrade a month or so ago and they look great, friends haven't been able to tell the difference.

Wound up costing me just under $100 with shipping from China for $25 [for both]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
One minor odd thing I noticed was that the lettering on the heritage jersey for the #19 on Spezza was in red when I believe it is supposed to be black.

Also, has anyone had any luck finding an Erik Karlsson #65 jersey on any other [somewhat] reputable Chinese sites? All the usual suspects including the ones I posted have Spezza, Alfie and even Kovalev and Fisher but none with EK.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
One minor odd thing I noticed was that the lettering on the heritage jersey for the #19 on Spezza was in red when I believe it is supposed to be black.

Also, has anyone had any luck finding an Erik Karlsson #65 jersey on any other [somewhat] reputable Chinese sites? All the usual suspects including the ones I posted have Spezza, Alfie and even Kovalev and Fisher but none with EK.

It is a black layer, then a red layer. Also the O is supposed to go slightly into the black

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
That heritage is obviously a fake because of the straight white numbers and letters (they're also undersized). The O on the front is also really undersized.

Can't really tell from the red Alfie jersey based on the photos, but I'm going to go ahead and assume:
- The jersey material around the NHL shield is the same as the rest of the jersey
- The font used for letters and numbers is too skinny and or not aligned properly
- The main crest and numbers are bubbly

Also: If anyone has a Large, black alternate Hossa jersey that they are planning on selling (or trading), I am willing to trade an XL version for your L.
Same goes for our old white jerseys. I have a blank XL and am willing to deal for a large. PM any offers.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Shamelessly stealing the idea from the Flyers thread.

ecseller.com
borntradejersey.com
jersey101.com

These three seem to have the best reputation. I bought two from borntrade a month or so ago and they look great, friends haven't been able to tell the difference.

Wound up costing me just under $100 with shipping from China for $25 [for both]

Your friends are stupid. No offence though, I have some stupid friends too, an it makes for a GREAT night out.

The heritage jersey:
-missing black twill COMPLETELY in the numbers.
-the "O" is too small.
-The assistant's "A" on the front is the wrong font.
-The "Spezza" name is in the wrong font.
-sleeve numbers are too skinny
-numbers on back are WAY too small.
-the white on the name and number isn't even close to the right shade.

The Home jersey:
-the red is the wrong shade of red.
-the numbers on the back don't have the rounded outline
-the captain's "C" is the wrong font.
-the font on Alfie's name isn't right (it's close, but it's still off)

Also, and I'm just guessing here, but I'm willing to bet that if I took a look at the jerseys in my hands, I'd see:
-garbage quality fight strap, stitched incorrectly, with no reinforced layer.
-the jersey size itself is smaller than what is stated on the neck tags (comparing to legit Reebok products)
-shoulder patches of an embarrassing quality. On the heritage jersey in particular, I haven't seen a fake yet that has gotten the shoulder patches right: they're always too skinny, and the design is off.

So... yeah. If you want to own a knockoff jersey, that's one thing. To say people won't/ don't notice is another thing entirely.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That heritage is obviously a fake because of the straight white numbers and letters (they're also undersized). The O on the front is also really undersized.

Can't really tell from the red Alfie jersey based on the photos, but I'm going to go ahead and assume:
- The jersey material around the NHL shield is the same as the rest of the jersey
- The font used for letters and numbers is too skinny and or not aligned properly
- The main crest and numbers are bubbly

OH RIGHT, I forgot that one. Those bubbly numbers and letters are also made with such a GARBAGE quality material, that they'll show every single crease you ever put in them. Don't ever fold your jersey, or sit in it weirdly, or you'll have a permanent, ugly wrinkle/crease in the numbers forever.

See it ALL the time at the arena: jersey with so many wrinkles in the numbers, the jersey looks like it's been sitting in a crumpled ball for 20 years.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Great websites if you decide you want to buy a REAL frigging jersey, and not buy a $50 piece of garbage:
- Jersey Express - BEST prices for authentic pro jerseys.
- River City Sports - has some great sales that are really great for real, actual jersey collectors.
- Exclusive Pro - does some really cool PROFESSIONAL QUALITY custom stuff, and occasionally has sales on cresting (adding name/ number to jerseys) that you just can't find anywhere else.

I'm sure I'm missing some other great jersey sites, I'll post more as I remember them.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Jesus. I shouldn't have even bothered posting them, I was just showing what it was. I clearly am not the jersey experts you guys are but feel free to contribute sites that have legitimate looking ones.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Ive never seen a good fake sens jersey, they have lots of trouble getting the right shade of Gold too.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Ive never seen a good fake sens jersey, they have lots of trouble getting the right shade of Gold too.

Thanks for not posting four times in a row with an onslaught.

The Heritage jersey does look quite off after looking at pictures of the actual jersey but I've got a legitimate home and legitimate away jerseys along with one of the god awful SNES ones. None of them are personalized so I can't compare the numbering or lettering but the patch on the front of the Alfie home one is virtually identical to the fake one posted. The sizing is exactly the same too, my legitimate size 50 fits the same as that one in that it's way too big for me.

I haven't had any creasing problems at all.

Are you in the business of selling jerseys, sensjersey11? Your name and your absolutely ridicuous intensity about something as small as a hockey jersey would indicate it, but who knows.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Jesus. I shouldn't have even bothered posting them, I was just showing what it was. I clearly am not the jersey experts you guys are but feel free to contribute sites that have legitimate looking ones.

I didn't mean to come across as attacking, just pointing out that there are ways to spot the difference. Personally, I purchase retail jerseys because I think they look nicer, but I understand the appeal of saving some money with the Chinese knock-offs.

And yes, sensjersey has experience with the manufacturing/distribution of jerseys.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I didn't mean to come across as attacking, just pointing out that there are ways to spot the difference. Personally, I purchase retail jerseys because I think they look nicer, but I understand the appeal of saving some money with the Chinese knock-offs.

And yes, sensjersey has experience with the manufacturing/distribution of jerseys.

Oh dude it's not you, you didn't post four times in a row with an absolute slaughter attack like I had stabbed your child sixteen times.

No surprise at the last part though, about as transparent as can be.

Rename the thread whatever the hell you want, I intended for it to be a knockoff jersey thread anyway. In no other message board [even the Penguins] does posting pictures of a fake and asking[/b] for feedback on them get you a response like that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Thanks for not posting four times in a row with an onslaught.

Yeah.

The poster "trentmccleary" is to statistical analysis as I am to jerseys. I'm self-admittedly maybe the most jersey obsessed person here, but it's a badge I wear with pride, more than anything. There are a lot of people out there where jersey collecting is a legit hobby. Although, not a ton on the Sens boards, admittedly...

What can I say? I'm passionate about jerseys. There are WAY more of us than you'd think...

Are you in the business of selling jerseys, sensjersey11? Your name and your absolutely ridicuous intensity about something as small as a hockey jersey would indicate it, but who knows.

I used to be in the business, but not for at least a couple of years. I worked at/ managed a pro shop, and have dealt with Reebok/ jersey industry people extensively. I was into jerseys WAY before that job though. The job just seemed a natural fit for obvious reasons.

I just don't like fake jerseys in any capacity, and I have absolutely zero reservations about calling them out for what they are. I think people who have been around here for a while can vouch for that.

*edit*
A tip 'o the cap to ya, CH, for remembering that. Good memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad