Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Rod's gonna have to answer some hard questions. There's no logical explanation for that implosion. That was a turtle for all time.
I might be wrong but, I don't think the Canes "turtle", not like we do anyway. What I saw was the Rangers imposing their will, and refusing to waste their free time by having to play a game 7.

Reactions: Ned Braden

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Canes D was pants shitting awful in this series, as was Fred Flinstone in net. Orlov is burnt toast, DeAngeLOL embarrassed himself in every moment. Burns was trying to injure our guys more than actually playing hockey in Games 5 & 6 (don't think I missed the frog splash onto Trocheck in the 3rd.) Chatfield mightve been their most consistent guy. Slavin also might be the most overrated defenseman in the league. He doesnt do anything. I dont need to say anything about Brady Skjei that we didnt already know, but his many poorly timed penalties gave me PTSD.

So, is it now a successful season. Or do we need to win this next round?

Or is it Cup or nothing?

I feel like the Rangers have done what was required by advancing to the Final 4. They now have the legitimate best chance of any team to win the Cup. Anything can happen, but the Cup is there for the taking.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm trying to follow that but confusion reigns. Did he hit a pedestrian?
No. Apparently a pedestrian was struck & killed which altered the traffic patterns into the course creating confusion for the golfers. Scheffler was asked to stop by cops, ignored them thinking they were security guards. One of them tried grabbing his car as he was driving by & seems like he went along for a ride of about 60 feet until Scheffler stopped his car. That's when they arrested him. He's been released & still going to make his tee time. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Ail

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So, is it now a successful season. Or do we need to win this next round?

Or is it Cup or nothing?
I will always remember this season, the whole season has been a success. Maybe I have a lower BAR than others, but I am appreciative that we are not only just IN the PO's, but really making some serious noise. We already have many other accomplishments in the rear view mirror and now we are 8-2. No other team can say that. I predicted 16-7, so now I'm scared. After doing the math, that would mean we have 5 more losses coming, which means 1 of the next 2 series is going to be going the distance of 7. Think it's going to be next round.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Skjei is pretty damn good to be honest. I think he found his game well after getting out from under McDonaghs shadow and stopped trying to play like him. I should “hate” him because hes a former ranger who didn’t reach his peak until after they traded him but he’s a good player. He has flaws, but he’s a good player.

Laf didn’t get points but he was pretty good last night as well

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
No. Apparently a pedestrian was struck & killed which altered the traffic patterns into the course creating confusion for the golfers. Scheffler was asked to stop by cops, ignored them thinking they were security guards. One of them tried grabbing his car as he was driving by & seems like he went along for a ride of about 60 feet until Scheffler stopped his car. That's when they arrested him. He's been released & still going to make his tee time. LOL.
I like his statement that was just released. Doesn't seem to be a jerk

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I might be wrong but, I don't think the Canes "turtle", not like we do anyway. What I saw was the Rangers imposing their will, and refusing to waste their free time by having to play a game 7.
They definitely sat back & took their foot off the gas. The went from a fierce forecheck to simply trying to protect their blueline. It was a night & day difference from the end of the 2nd to the start of the 3rd. The chances they did get came from brutal Rangers turnovers in the neutral zone & the one glorious chance Lindgren coughed up in his own end at the start of the period.

Lindgren had a weird game...made some brilliant plays but book-ended the 3rd trying to give the game away. Sigh.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
They definitely sat back & took their foot off the gas. The went from a fierce forecheck to simply trying to protect their blueline. It was a night & day difference from the end of the 2nd to the start of the 3rd. The chances they did get came from brutal Rangers turnovers in the neutral zone & the one glorious chance Lindgren coughed up in his own end at the start of the period.

Lindgren had a weird game...made some brilliant plays but book-ended the 3rd trying to give the game away. Sigh.
It's a little of both.

Similar to game 1. Rangers sat back on a lead but it was also the Canes coming out stronger.

But huge props to the Rangers getting out of their own heads heading into the third. Gutsy win after the last 5 periods of hockey they played. Going into 2nd intermission, the camera panned over the team headed off the ice and they legit looked absolutely defeated. It was such a weird shot. They just looked hopeless.

Then they come out to the third like the last 5 periods never happened. The indecisiveness, one step behind, playing scared. I complained that they showed no heart or urgency. The third last night was a complete showing of both.

Being able to wipe away that prior mentality and revert back to playing the game that made you #1 is huge, especially in the playoffs.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I know. I get it. But I’m too invested and I wanted to distance myself. Last year broke me.
I am of the belief that that loss to NJ is what is fueling them. I believe they all were truly embarrassed by the outcome. I believe a lot of gruff was tossed their way, by their friends, the fans and the media. Family probably stood beside them, probably. We lose this game if Gallant was coaching, Laviolette deserves full marks as he has this team believing in themselves and there is NOTHING they cannot accomplish and no game in which they cannot come back from. Would be nice if they decided on outright destroying the opposition once in a while.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think Skjei is pretty damn good to be honest. I think he found his game well after getting out from under McDonaghs shadow and stopped trying to play like him. I should “hate” him because hes a former ranger who didn’t reach his peak until after they traded him but he’s a good player. He has flaws, but he’s a good player.

Laf didn’t get points but he was pretty good last night as well
True, but that trade ended up getting us Schneider so it worked out for us in the end at least.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think the gravity of what Kreider did in the 3rd has really set in with me yet. I know how big of a deal it was and I know that it'll be spoken about for years but wooohhh.

What I love is that the Martinook pull off the goal line in the 2nd is the type of shit that makes a highlight reel and is keyed on as a "turning point" of not only a game but a series and potentially a cup winning run.

Kreider had none of that and basically turned it into Carolina's version of the Endy Chavez catch. Great play, will still make highlight reels but... ya lost.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don't think the gravity of what Kreider did in the 3rd has really set in with me yet. I know how big of a deal it was and I know that it'll be spoken about for years but wooohhh.

What I love is that the Martinook pull off the goal line in the 2nd is the type of shit that makes a highlight reel and is keyed on as a "turning point" of not only a game but a series and potentially a cup winning run.

Kreider had none of that and basically turned it into Carolina's version of the Endy Chavez catch. Great play, will still make highlight reels but... ya lost.
That’s exactly what I said to my son last night. Kreider turned Martinook into Endy Chavez

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
I have a confession to make. I acted in person exactly how you'd expect, lol. I turned the game off at their first goal (I was so pissed I was planning on missing this game from the start but turned it on out of hope). I was following on my phone and was cursing this team out and worse than that. If you guys want me to get my just desserts I got it by missing the comeback. That was the most shocking win I can remember and I missed it due to a mix of anger and fear. Oh well, I guess that's a lesson for me. I still don't know how to feel right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had a miserable day at work and was just irate at what was happening in this game double as a result.

Dude, I went to a Motorcycle club event for the same reason you turned off the TV. Checked my phone, saw it was 1-0 Canes and thought, guess we’ll finish the choke job on garden ice for game 7. Checked my phone…3-1. Thought, here are the Rangers I know. Then it was 3-2…lots of time left. Then I get a text from a friend: KRIEDER!!!!! The next two times I checked it was 4-3 and then 5-3…I was like wtf!!! But I’m also very superstitious. So even if I was home I probably wouldn’t have turned it on. Last game, I checked my phone late in the 3rd saw it was 1-1. I said said, screw it, I’m gonna watch. Turned on the game just as the Canes celebrated their 2nd goal lol!! I felt like Bill Beane in Moneyball.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I said this early in the GDT. "I simply cannot stand when Kreider amongst others just tosses the puck back to ther Canes at the slightest bit of danger."
All I know is, when I call OUT someone they seem to make amends for their indescrepancies. Works every time. Kreids is a beast when he wants to be. He's only human, a beastly human indeed. Getting deserved accolades here today. But there were many more heroes in this game. I just knew that when they hit the crossbar and post, that was a sign things were changing in our favor.
When our players collided and Aho had that breakaway, I was like "God NO", my heart palpatated. This was gonna be.

Did the Caniacs really believe they were going to win? Bet they were booking flights to NY between the 2nd and 3rd, lmao.

When EVERYTHING points towards a Rangers defeat, THIS TEAM whips out the professionalism, integrity and gumption to come back from the dead. We've done it ALL YEAR, what is there NOT to believe? Nothing is guaranteed, but if you don't believe now, then please tell me........when?
Certainly does seem like a team of destiny…..
Even when the odds aren’t great, say what you will, but they believe in each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad