Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
By the way at the end of the day trouba miller pair had a pretty good night according to the charts. They had that one goal against on the bad pinch but otherwise were pretty good
Still don't agree with demoting Schneider but seems like the coach stuck to his guns and it worked.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Really proves that it all came down to Igor vs Anderson.

I told you guys, goaltending matters in the playoffs. You can't just win with anyone.
Unless I’m reading that wrong, Igor’s goals saved above expected was 1, so was Carolina’s aka goaltending was pretty even overall based on that *shrug*

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Someone yesterday said it would be nice if the Canes had a shitty game or period.

Well their third was as bad as the Rangers in game 5, maybe worse.

It’s a game of ebbs and flows.

The amazing thing is after seeing it happen over and over all of these years - you never know when it’s going to happen.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I pick on him, but hell of a grit play by Roslovic to set up the second goal.

This team played a great series and beat a phenomenal hockey team.

Laviolette has done a great job.

Has it been said? 2 ECF's in 3 years!!

Roslovic was an excellent trade deadline deal. Teams are giving up first round picks plus prospects at TDL for players who delivered less than he has in the first two rounds.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just finished watching this one. Wish I could have watched live. I’m stunned. Team’s MO all year and they did it again.

Was legitimately sick at the end of the 2nd.

Kreider with a genuine all timer.

Shesty made some absolutely huge saves as well. I’m surprised scoring chances numbers are as close as they were. Felt really bad through 2 and Canes had numerous opportunities in the 3rd.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Roslovic was an excellent trade deadline deal. Teams are giving up first round picks plus prospects at TDL for players who delivered less than he has in the first two rounds.
I go in and out with Roslovic.

I hate him and then he makes a really nice play.

I'm glad we had him rather than not tonight.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Just finished watching this one. Wish I could have watched live. I’m stunned. Team’s MO all year and they did it again.

Shesty made some absolutely huge saves as well. I’m surprised scoring chances numbers are as close as they were. Felt really bad through 2 and Canes had numerous opportunities in the 3rd.

Tell your brother in law to be and the rest of his groomsmen to eat my ass.

... But for real, Congrats to him and your sister. Enjoy the wedding!

Ned Braden

Feb 2, 2018
I have a confession to make. I acted in person exactly how you'd expect, lol. I turned the game off at their first goal (I was so pissed I was planning on missing this game from the start but turned it on out of hope). I was following on my phone and was cursing this team out and worse than that. If you guys want me to get my just desserts I got it by missing the comeback. That was the most shocking win I can remember and I missed it due to a mix of anger and fear. Oh well, I guess that's a lesson for me. I still don't know how to feel right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had a miserable day at work and was just irate at what was happening in this game double as a result.
This is a great, very self-aware post. Here's the lesson to learn. As a fan, if you have the time to sit down and watch a whole game you have to stick it out tough moments because...well...crazy shit happens in sports. When you get all miserable and give up on a game you cost yourself the opportunity to enjoy that crazy shit...which is the best damn part of sports. That is turn will make you kind of a miserable fan.

Also, just take the bad times. Watch the other team celebrate their wins...soak that crap in. It makes the rare great moments like getting to the ECF (and that shit is rare) that much better.

I'm a superstitious guy. There are hockey gods. We want good things as fans? Stick with the bad to get to the good. Earn it!

and 99 others

i enjoy watching hockey
Jul 27, 2011
Lindgren not getting enough love. I mean obviously this will be Kreider's defining moment, but Lindgren and Panarin were the only ones playing all 3 periods. The defensive zone strategy for 3 periods was "let's let lindgren go into the corner and retrieve every puck". Very fitting he set up the game winning goal

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Same.

Was really down. I think anyone who’s watched this team closely saw a repeat of the Devils choke beginning to unfold.

Happy to eat crow on that feeling.
Need to watch that third again

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Watched this game at a pool hall with a couple buddies. They are both now adoptive sons of Kreider.
I was in the middle of a pool league match...

I think paying attention to the TV instead of the match f***ed my opponent in the head.

I was like "Huh? My turn? Am I stripes or solids?"

One of the guys on his team was wearing a Svechnikov jersey.

I won 4-0 rackless

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I go in and out with Roslovic.

I hate him and then he makes a really nice play.

I'm glad we had him rather than not tonight.
He’s got the skating and skills to just attack the offensive blue line and push guys back and he can be real nifty hanging onto the puck…he’s just pretty inconsistent even with his decision making at times.
But if he’s going good he adds a lot to that line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad