Official "How long will the WHA last if it starts up?" with Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/WHA/2004/09/30/650173-cp.html

Strange. I checked this article out and it said the WHA couldn't sign players and would be planning on releasing a statement Friday to cancel the season and start again sometime in the future. Then I checked the same link/article again half an hour later and Slam changed it now claiming that the reports of the league's death were "premature". :lol: Geez was it just a false alarm or were they just trying to outscoop everyone??? Wasn't sure if the thread I originally started would remain or be locked so I decided to delete it and repost this info here since it seems things are again unclear at this point!

-Edit-

From Sportsnet:

Sportsnet has learned the World Hockey Association will announce Friday its intention to suspend operations until next season. The decision came down following meetings in Toronto this past weekend. The WHA had hoped to fill the void left in the wake of the NHL lockout, but alas, no.

Guess we'll find out what the story is tommorow. :joker:

Last edited:

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
:amazed: An update on their website! Sort of.

Fans can choose the top 25 WHA players of all-time
Hockey fans will soon be able to vote for the top 25 WHA Players of All-Time. Fans will be able to vote on our site from a list of over 70 candidates.

It's coming soon... how unsuprizing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sportsnet has learned the World Hockey Association will announce Friday its intention to suspend operations until next season. The decision came down following meetings in Toronto this past weekend.

For there to be a 'next' season, there has to be a 'first' season.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
Andre LaCroix

runs our league in Oakland, and i asked him about a year ago what the chances were for this league to get off of the ground.

his response. NO WAY IT WILL HAPPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad