Pre-Game Talk: Official Home Opener attendance Thread

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The only caveat I see with the entire process is you send/transfer the tickets from your Devils account manager to the buyers e-mail, meaning the Devils now have a way to contact that buyer.

Meaning the Devils can now call you a "broker", whereas before it was very hard for them to nail you selling tickets on Craigslist, etc...

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pretty sure stubhub lets you hide the seat numbers which must make it much more difficult for the devils to tag people.

Correct.

Again, this mobile farce is all about control and trying to wound the secondary market.

They're going to ultimately fail, but with this ticket-forwarding thing they can at least see who's selling 30/41 games, as opposed to who's only selling 6/41 games.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Correct.

Again, this mobile farce is all about control and trying to wound the secondary market.

They're going to ultimately fail, but with this ticket-forwarding thing they can at least see who's selling 30/41 games, as opposed to who's only selling 6/41 games.

Yes and no. I sell a few, but also send more than a few to my clients ... there is no way (short of contact everyone I transfer to) for them to know whether those transfers are sales or business.

In fact, one of the reasons I insisted on hard tickets is because I have a responsibility to protect client information, including phone #s and e-mail addresses. Of course, I haven't received my hard tickets yet and I haven't heard from my rep in two days

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yes and no. I sell a few, but also send more than a few to my clients ... there is no way (short of contact everyone I transfer to) for them to know whether those transfers are sales or business.

They dont need to be able to prove it, they only need to "suspect" it, and in the lion's share of cases, they'll have a pretty good idea based on the seat location in arena (e.g. Upper Level seats arent for business).

Also, depending upon how sophisticated they are (or arent), the time-frame of transfer could make it pretty obvious too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Wow, the boards look very different now.

I will be at the opener, with my brother and my fiancee. My brother bought the tickets so I am not sure which section we will be in. Probably going to Hell's Kitchen for lunch before, and to breweries in the area afterward. Open to suggestions on the breweries.

NiedsKicks

Jun 24, 2016
New Jersey
Wow, the boards look very different now.

I will be at the opener, with my brother and my fiancee. My brother bought the tickets so I am not sure which section we will be in. Probably going to Hell's Kitchen for lunch before, and to breweries in the area afterward. Open to suggestions on the breweries.

Congrats! As for the after party, it’s not a brewery but a Barcade just opened up near by Washington Park.

Oh yea and I’ll be at the game 3-4 beers deep after 1 lol

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tough to say, but there are some similarities. The Goal Bar being the most suspicious IMO.

It would be a way to lower ticket prices in a "covert" manner, keeping STH in the dark so as not to alarm & piss them off.

Okay, we're now UP even more, to 152 Goal Bar tickets on Stubhub, which is 1/3 of all tickets available on Stubhub!!!

And the price points on every single one of them have universally dropped to $92, $121, and $159 tonight, respectively, for rows 1,2, and 3.

I think that proves conclusively once and for all that the Devils do try to covertly sell tickets on Stubhub in hush-hush fashion so as not to piss off season ticket holders. It's ironic if you think about it, that a team that demonizes the secondary market, is using the secondary market to dump tickets it knows it cannot sell at full price.

So at the same time the Devils are trying to make it more difficult for you to sell your tickets on the secondary market, the Devils are selling their tickets on the secondary market. LOL
I guess they dont want the competition!

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
For anyone worrying about our home opener the Red Wings couldn't even sell out their brand new arenas first regular season game. Their red seats really stand out when they are empty and there were large chunks of empty seats.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Really hope my class tomorrow gets out earlier so I can get there as soon as possible. Been a hell of a week between work and school, can't think of anything better than some early beers and hockey. :yo:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We've reached the, "well, I guess we cant trick additional folks into buying more expensive tickets" phase.

Devils just released about 80 UL corner cheapies if anyone's just looking for "get in" tickets, they're just $60 after fees.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ridiculous. I'm sitting 4 rows off the ice where we shoot twice for 60 more bucks.

Oh yeah, clearly. I didnt mean it was a good deal, I just meant ~$60 on TM or StubHub right now is the cheapest, even though that's UL corners or behind-the-goal Balcony.

Obviously when you're sitting on hoards of unsold tickets for a Saturday home opener, have to resort to deceptively selling your primary stock on the secondary market, and "hold back" the cheaper seats in a bid to sell some more expensive seats, it should be clear to management you overpriced the inventory.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We've reached the, "well, I guess we cant trick additional folks into buying more expensive tickets" phase.

Devils just released about 80 UL corner cheapies if anyone's just looking for "get in" tickets, they're just $60 after fees.

They release them after trying to book groups such as youth teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad