Official Eliminated Team Injury Reveal

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That's just Babs being Babs. No surprise at all, really.

Hyman with a torn ACL, got nearly as much ice time in Game 7 as Auston Matthews.

#BabsLogic :laugh:

How soon people forget Stevie Y winning a cup with a knee injury so bad it was bone on bone while playing. He still walks with a limp to this day.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How soon people forget Stevie Y winning a cup with a knee injury so bad it was bone on bone while playing. He still walks with a limp to this day.

Granted, but Zach Hyman sure as **** isn't Steve Yzerman, and he never will be.

I'd love to hear Babcock's explanation for Hyman and Matthews being so close together in terms of ice time, in Game 7, in Boston, when the Leafs were trailing for nearly the entire game and needed their top guys to get big minutes.

I mean surely there's a point where rolling lines just doesn't work. :laugh:

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Pretty sure Ehlers played game 7 through a fracture in his leg/foot sustained at the end of game 6 blocking a shot by Parayko.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Curious to see if Nashville or Calgary had any major injuries, although I have a feeling they didn't.

Can also see that E. Karlsson is a broken egg shell held together with scotch tape right now.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Caps had Oshie with the broken clavicle and Kempny was lost a week before the playoffs started with his torn hammy. I’m sure there will be some other minor injuries that trickle out but I wouldn’t suspect anything major at this point

Reactions: SuperSaiyanSTARS

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
This is not an excuse thread. It's interesting to see the kinds of injuries hockey players continue to play through in the playoffs when in other sports they are out for many months or a year. I'd love to see what Eric Karlsson is playing with, or Marchand.

Hockey players' mentality is to keep playing unless you are in traction in the hospital or have a major concussion (and they even used to play through that, as in Kariya in the 2003 SCF).

Reactions: Bobby G

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Clearly Jake Gardiner continues to have significant back issues.

He looked like he could barely move out there.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Killorn had a partially torn MCL, but won't require surgery. That's the only significant one I heard from the Bolts (besides the ones that were scratched for injuries).

Reactions: SuperSaiyanSTARS

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Killorn had a partially torn MCL, but won't require surgery. That's the only significant one I heard from the Bolts (besides the ones that were scratched for injuries).
I actually believe every single player was injured.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
It has been reported in the Finnish media that Laine was injured/banged up and didn’t attend morning ice during the playoffs.

During the season he had back pains. I’m not sure what he was ailing during the playoffs since it has not been fully disclosed (could also be nothing serious).

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Pretty sure Ehlers played game 6 through a fracture in his leg/foot sustained at the end of game 5 blocking a shot by Parayko.
Fixed.

Also Tanev had finger surgery before the playoffs, for the Jets
Laine says he's got a chronic back injury, which is terrifying

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Killorn had an MCL issue, Vasy was reported as having a "minor LBI", Hedman was very super obviously concussed and supposedly Stamkos had a shoulder issue.

I always hated the "post loss injury reveal". Just seems like such a cop out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad