GDT: Official Draft Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
@RogMillions: SN's @JSportsnet also says #Flames are willing to move the sixth overall pick now...but the price will be steep. Centre-Dman..younger

*gulp*

This was offered by a Sabres fan on the main board. I don't hate it.

Sabres #8 pick, the 69th pick and a prospect, one of the following: McCabe, McNabb, or Ruhwedel.

If and only if the guy we want is going to be there at 8. Say *sigh* Nichuskin.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Sigh. Flamesaholic started a thread saying Seguin for 6th and Gaudreau. Wouldn't say no to it really, but I don't want to give up Johnny.

Edit:
John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 9m

“@dtreesy12: @Buccigross any thoughts on Seguin trade rumors and where he could end up? (if anywhere)”---Real. I wouldn't. Calgary.

It's a just a guess from him I believe though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
When I read that Millions tweet... I paused for a moment; and was like... mother ****er.

Unless we're talking about Seguin or Couturier, I don't want to move off 6. Good lord, we're less than 24hrs off. Don't **** it up Feaster.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm just going to step away from the computer right now until the draft. I just know something bad is gunna happen.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
@RogMillions: SN's @JSportsnet also says #Flames are willing to move the sixth overall pick now...but the price will be steep. Centre-Dman..younger

*gulp*

Feaster traded a 4th overall for a 23/24-year old Fedotenko and it "paid off" in a Cup win despite being poor value (+ I'd argued the Cup was more R. Dudley's team building)... Also traded a mid-late 1st in-season for a 23-year old Shane O'Brien.

This is probably the last thing I wanted to hear.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
If the Flames/Bruins were to trade, would it have any effect on the Iginla fiasco (as in Feaster would have to overpay)?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm just going to step away from the computer right now until the draft. I just know something bad is gunna happen.

I'm continuously updating my twitter to see if anything comes up.
Every time one of the insiders I trust pops up; I legit stop breathing for a couple seconds hoping that Feaster didn't deal for nothing.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Feaster traded a 4th overall for a 23/24-year old Fedotenko and it "paid off" in a Cup win despite being poor value (+ I'd argued the Cup was more R. Dudley's team building)... Also traded a mid-late 1st in-season for a 23-year old Shane O'Brien.

This is probably the last thing I wanted to hear.

Torts told Feaster he needed someone like Fedo if they wanted to win. Feaster made the trade and Torts told him it was because of that trade they won.

You can say what you want but Feaster would do that deal again knowing he would win the cup.

Trae

Calgary
@tpanotchCSN: told the Flyers no longer in the mix for Calgary's No. 6 overall pick. asking price too high

*phew*

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@tpanotchCSN: told the Flyers no longer in the mix for Calgary's No. 6 overall pick. asking price too high

*phew*

If true, that tells me they mentioned either Couturier's or Schenn's name. Yes that is a positive sign.

@ Ali, I tried to look and could not find it. From what I recall it was a comment he made during the WJC's.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

*phew*

Good, that makes me happy.
At least Feaster wants a massive return, thank christ.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dean Molberg ‏@fan960boomer 1m

I'm still skeptical that Gaudreau ever plays for the Flames. He's going back to school, and then can just spend 1 more year to go UFA.

Shut up Boomer. I don't even want to think about it.

Trae

Calgary
Dean Molberg ‏@fan960boomer 1m

I'm still skeptical that Gaudreau ever plays for the Flames. He's going back to school, and then can just spend 1 more year to go UFA.

Shut up Boomer. I don't even want to think about it.

Ditto, my thoughts exactly when I read that on twitter.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dan B ‏@Dammage79 3m

@fan960boomer Gaudreau would certainly get Chiarelli listening. Would for surely be the foundation of a deal. Kid is a Boston Icon.

In regards to Seguin. If we could somehow pickup Seguin without moving the 6th/Brodie/Bartschi I'd forgive Feaster for all past transgressions.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Dan B ‏@Dammage79 3m

@fan960boomer Gaudreau would certainly get Chiarelli listening. Would for surely be the foundation of a deal. Kid is a Boston Icon.

In regards to Seguin. If we could somehow pickup Seguin without moving the 6th/Brodie/Bartschi I'd forgive Feaster for all past transgressions.

Agreed, if he can build it around Gaudreau and some combination of but not all: 22nd, 28th, Glenx, Giordano...

Id be ok with it honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad