OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Just got home from getting my first dose.

Team Pfizer in the house! :yo:

I got my first does of Pfizer around 12. Just now started getting the arm pain. I am 31, most of the folks I know that got it had no real symptoms after the first but a few have struggled with the second dose.

Reactions: TaLoN

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I got my first does of Pfizer around 12. Just now started getting the arm pain. I am 31, most of the folks I know that got it had no real symptoms after the first but a few have struggled with the second dose.

The arm pain, at least for Moderna 1st dose, was no joke. I could barely lift my arm above chest level. Pain was no worse than a normal flu vaccine on the 2nd dose, which I thought was odd.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
The arm pain, at least for Moderna 1st dose, was no joke. I could barely lift my arm above chest level. Pain was no worse than a normal flu vaccine on the 2nd dose, which I thought was odd.

Yeah this is definitely new. I got the shot in my left arm, so hard to really compare but feels like I just got done throwing 90 pitches. It isn't like an isolated around the area of the shot pain, its just the whole shoulder. I can get it about level with my shoulder and then it really tightens up. Hope the 2nd dose is better than this!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For me, the arm pain I got with the flu shot was worse. I literally felt nothing with the J&J.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Got the J&J at 9:30 this AM. Nothing to report as of yet...although it's obviously only been three hours. We'll see if anything ends up happening tonight. Just another step back towards normalcy.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Got the J&J at 9:30 this AM. Nothing to report as of yet...although it's obviously only been three hours. We'll see if anything ends up happening tonight. Just another step back towards normalcy.
I'll be curious to know if you have a reaction.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
LOL watching the boys basektball on TV. Nearly all the kids have their facemasks hanging off their faces. LMFAO.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Some of the effects are beginning to show themselves...fever is brewing and rest of the body is getting some chills. ~11 hours after the shot. We'll see how tonight goes and if it continues into tomorrow at all. Will just try to go to bed early for once and get some sleep :) .

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Some of the effects are beginning to show themselves...fever is brewing and rest of the body is getting some chills. ~11 hours after the shot. We'll see how tonight goes and if it continues into tomorrow at all. Will just try to go to bed early for once and get some sleep :) .
Sleep and drink plenty of fluids

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Unless my fever comes back for whatever reason, I think I'm good now after a night's sleep. Was a bit annoying there for a while but not that bad overall. Very minimal inconvenience to try and get passed this shit. Happy Master's Friday :)

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Been about 24 hours since my J&J shot.

bad headache and very sore body. I find showers really help though and been able to take a few naps today. I am starting to help better however don’t have much of an appetite. No fever though and I think by this night I should feel okish.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'm not an expert and not going to claim to be one but the % is less than 1 in a million in terms of the 6 instances. Places/news outlets need to be very careful with this news as if they deliver it sloppily it will end up scaring a lot of people unnecessarily. Hopefully they get this review taken care of and get back to distributing the shots.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not an expert and not going to claim to be one but the % is less than 1 in a million in terms of the 6 instances. Places/news outlets need to be very careful with this news as if they deliver it sloppily it will end up scaring a lot of people unnecessarily. Hopefully they get this review taken care of and get back to distributing the shots.
This. It is good that extreme caution is taken, but the number of blood clots is very small, and not necessarily attributable to the vaccine. There were also blood clot scares early on with either the Moderna or Pfizer, I believe, that eventually turned out to be so statistically insignificant that they moved on. When I took the J & J there were headlines about the factory in Baltimore having to destroy 15M doses. It wasn't until I read further (the small print) that it became clear that the J &J that was being put in arms at the time came from Europe- Brussels, maybe?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Terrible messaging from the government. Want to add to vaccine hesitancy, this is the way to do it.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Been about 24 hours since my J&J shot.

bad headache and very sore body. I find showers really help though and been able to take a few naps today. I am starting to help better however don’t have much of an appetite. No fever though and I think by this night I should feel okish.

thats one of the symptoms of those clots, if youre still having them id get that checked out asap

Terrible messaging from the government. Want to add to vaccine hesitancy, this is the way to do it.

gonna have hesitancy either way promoting a vaccine that doesnt have full fda approval. weve all seen the commercials of mesothelioma and mesh hernia repairs. shouldnt be a surprise theres some side effects that werent foreseen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zellmatic

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

So, the pause is only to ensure the medical community has a plan to address these ultra-rare incidents should they occur.

Sounds like they're pretty isolated to Women under 50 btw, which leads to the demographic of those taking birth control pills which have known clotting side effects. It's more likely the pill is the cause than the vaccine.

There were also blood clot scares early on with either the Moderna or Pfizer, I believe, that eventually turned out to be so statistically insignificant that they moved on.
Actually it's the AstraZeneca vaccine that's been associated with clotting in Europe and Canada. This vaccine is not being distributed in the US, but is being manufactured here.

There was an anaphylactic reaction associated with both Pfizer and Moderna that was investigated after a few cases, but yes, was statistically insignificant... as this clotting issue also appears to be.

20% chance of clotting with COVID, less than 1% with the J&J vaccine.

Last edited:

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
thats one of the symptoms of those clots, if youre still having them id get that checked out asap

gonna have hesitancy either way promoting a vaccine that doesnt have full fda approval. weve all seen the commercials of mesothelioma and mesh hernia repairs. shouldnt be a surprise theres some side effects that werent foreseen.
Yeah my headache was fine. My side effects only lasted a day.

Reactions: GuerinUp

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
J&J headache only lasts a day, the Center position headache for the Wild, a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad