GDT: Official Carolina Hurricanes 2013 Draft Bonanza. ft: Ryan Hartman and the Whalers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Sunday, June 30th, 2013, your Carolina Hurricanes shall "descend" (literally and figuratively) to The Great Swamp err... State of New Jersey and join 29 other teams in the hunt for pimply faced 18 year olds to be used as money generating tools to make their respective teams better.

The Man in Charge:

The Players:

Things we need to address

Have at 'er fellas. It's a day early, but as of now the other thread was dangerously close to 1,000 and wouldn't have made it another 24 hours.

I can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a draft in well.... ever maybe. Not even just for us, but there are lots of question marks for every one. And the buy outs and cap dumps just add to the intrigue of all the talent available :)

Reactions: MinJaBen

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks. Two days after the SCF ended, I went to NHL.com to find the date of the draft...I found nothing. This has draft has done well to sneak up on me. Anyway, since I'm lazy and have no faith that I'll find the answer, can anyone help with Raleigh viewing info? If you know the answer based on U-verse channels, that would be even mo better.

Looking forward to the whining about JR's terrible selection!

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Anybody excited about this draft? Please please please be ready to be let down and completely disappointed. I'm smart enough to know this will not end well and JR will get schooled by another GM.......say Ken Holland this time?

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Anybody excited about this draft? Please please please be ready to be let down and completely disappointed. I'm smart enough to know this will not end well and JR will get schooled by another GM.......say Ken Holland this time?

could be but one of the scenarios for me has been that they pull off something awesome. but granted, that's one of many scenarios that have filtered through.

one thing that i have been increasingly thoughtful of is, is it possible that jr is actually quite dictatorial? how can the entire group of these guys all doing their jobs meet and come up with a way to possibly screw this up that bad?

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
This is a nearly idiot proof draft for us - we will be picking between essentially two or three no-brainer kids left after the picks ahead of us, or demanding a kings ransom for someone who wants to move up 2-4 spots. Anything outside that should require a Lindros like return.

There is no way JR can **** this one up....

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
I love Saturdays and all, but if I could pass out right now and sleep for 24 hours, I would totally do it.

Anticipation is killing me.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
This is a nearly idiot proof draft for us - we will be picking between essentially two or three no-brainer kids left after the picks ahead of us, or demanding a kings ransom for someone who wants to move up 2-4 spots. Anything outside that should require a Lindros like return.

There is no way JR can **** this one up....

*JR drafts Nurse at 5* /trollface

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I love Saturdays and all, but if I could pass out right now and sleep for 24 hours, I would totally do it.

Anticipation is killing me.

I picked a bad week to quit sniff glue.

Airplane-Glue.jpg

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
In an effort to shift attention over to this thread, I submit these tweets.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 6m
GM Jim Rutherford says there has been a lot of interest in Canes' No. 5 pick. Has fielded lot of calls today.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 5m
Rutherford said if pick is traded, "We would like to have a first-round pick of some kind." Notes Canes "have a few things to think over."

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 4m
Rutherford said obtaining top-4 D-man remains No. 1 priority. Asked if thee could be trade to get a forward, he said "possibly."

So, nothing new really. Maybe puts a few JR worriers at ease. Maybe.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Whoops, forgot we're over 1000 on the other thread. Nothing too ground breaking, although I've got to think any forward we acquire is a bottom 6er, and Clutterbuck is certainly available. Would be ecstatic if we are able to pick him up, especially if McBain is heading the other way.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
JR stating we have enough scoring but might trade for a forward the same day Lebrun says Clutterbuck is likely moved this weekend.

Two and two together, Canes are getting them some Clusterf***

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
So. I am headed to Rudino's tomorrow for the draft party with a friend. What time should I arrive to make sure I secure a seat? 1:30/2?

I'll be wearing a red Jordan Staal jersey with his autograph on the back if anyone wants to say hi.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Excited for tomorrow, all these rumours and trades going on tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a good stream of the draft. No other way to watch it for me.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Alright, McKenzie is saying Toronto is wanting a high pick . He also is reporting Carolina's pick is in play. apparently jake Gardiner or Morgan Reilly and the #21 pick may be available for the #5. I'd do it for either one of those guys. Anyone else got a thought on this?

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Alright, McKenzie is saying Toronto is wanting a high pick . He also is reporting Carolina's pick is in play. apparently jake Gardiner or Morgan Reilly and the #21 pick may be available for the #5. I'd do it for either one of those guys. Anyone else got a thought on this?

I would think real hard about it, and maybe get Santini at 21.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So. I am headed to Rudino's tomorrow for the draft party with a friend. What time should I arrive to make sure I secure a seat? 1:30/2?

I'll be wearing a red Jordan Staal jersey with his autograph on the back if anyone wants to say hi.

Ditch Rudinos and head to Backyard Bistro, a bunch of us are going to be there instead since it's not going to be anywhere near as crowded.

MD

Dec 1, 2009
NC
Kind of fell in love with Bowey over the past week. If he slips to the second round I would be thrilled if we pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad