Official 2016 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't know that it could have been more brilliantly described. That gives good insight.

Years ago, when I was in college, I had all the time in the world for this stuff. My career & marriage limit my time for anything other than NHL related items. I miss knowing a lot about prospects :cry:

Moving back east I've been able to re-connect with a lot of old friends and colleagues.

It's made keep tracking a lot easier.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers should pick Abramov in the draft depending on where they get the pick. Would love to have him in the organization

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Has anyone drafted the Swedish Sebastian Aho yet? If he's available in the later rounds, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Draft Fins, their program is strong and this year's class is really good. Even in the 3rd and maybe after. Too bad we didn't hold onto Saarela.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
After listening to Jarmo speak on XM this morning I really see them taking Debios with the #3 pick.

Would love for the Rangers to somehow get the #4.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
That would be a very Columbus move...and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Yeah, he wouldn't directly say who they were looking at for obvious reasons but mentioned a few times the hole that was created down the middle when they moved Johannson.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If somehow Winnipeg doesn't take Laine at #2 and Columbus takes Dubois at #3, we need to find a way to get the 4th pick. Offer them McDonagh.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If somehow Winnipeg doesn't take Laine at #2 and Columbus takes Dubois at #3, we need to find a way to get the 4th pick. Offer them McDonagh.

Only way the Jets don't take Laine is,if his agent said to them during interviews that he would refuse to sign with them.

That said if the Jets didn't take him, even with their need down the middle, I don't see the Blue Jackets passing on him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, he wouldn't directly say who they were looking at for obvious reasons but mentioned a few times the hole that was created down the middle when they moved Johannson.

In my mind there's the top three, a gap, and then the next tier of guys. Nothing against that next tier, but Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi are the top three --- period.

After that, we can probably debate who goes next, but I will admit that I'm not as high on Dubois as some. I don't dislike him, there are just guys I like better at this point.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
In my mind there's the top three, a gap, and then the next tier of guys. Nothing against that next tier, but Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi are the top three --- period.

After that, we can probably debate who goes next, but I will admit that I'm not as high on Dubois as some. I don't dislike him, there are just guys I like better at this point.

As do i, just speculation after listening to Jarmo today. I would take the top 3 and Tkahuck before Debois.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Only way the Jets don't take Laine is,if his agent said to them during interviews that he would refuse to sign with them.

That said if the Jets didn't take him, even with their need down the middle, I don't see the Blue Jackets passing on him.

I don't think either team passes on him either. McKenzie said 9 of the 10 scouts he spoke to had Laine over Puljujarvi. If for some reason the one that preferred Puljujarvi was Winnipeg's top scout, and the GM signed off on it, thats probably how Laine gets to #3. If he gets to #3, I think it would be completely stupid to not pick him, but Columbus might prefer a center. If I was picking #1, I would take Laine because I think he's the best player in the draft, but if for some reason he gets to #4, the Rangers should take advantage of Edmonton needing a defenseman and offer McDonagh. McDonagh's really good, but you can not pass up the chance to draft a generational goal scorer. I think it would be a big mistake to not capitalize on Edmonton's big need for defenseman.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I don't think either team passes on him either. McKenzie said 9 of the 10 scouts he spoke to had Laine over Puljujarvi. If for some reason the one that preferred Puljujarvi was Winnipeg's top scout, and the GM signed off on it, thats probably how Laine gets to #3. If he gets to #3, I think it would be completely stupid to not pick him, but Columbus might prefer a center. If I was picking #1, I would take Laine because I think he's the best player in the draft, but if for some reason he gets to #4, the Rangers should take advantage of Edmonton needing a defenseman and offer McDonagh. McDonagh's really good, but you can not pass up the chance to draft a generational goal scorer. I think it would be a big mistake to not capitalize on Edmonton's big need for defenseman.

Heh, we'd probably pick McLeod.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm hoping that after all the dust settles, the Rangers wind up somewhere in the 6-10 range, and with another pick later on in the first round. (Not hopeful that they get into the top 3, and even if they pry 4 away from EDM, it may make sense to trade back.) I like the reports on Logan Brown –reminds me of RyJo in his draft year. Then, go get one of the puck movers somewhere in the middle teens.

But then again, I'll probably just be reading all of everyone's scouting reports on the obscure guys we take in the 3rd round. :)

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Riley Tufte is a player I can see the Rangers trading into the late first to get if he drops into a spot they consider a steal.
Trending up, can skate, is big and strong, USA born and going NCAA route.

I can also see DeBrincat droping to a late 2 or early 3 and the NYR taking a flyer on him.

Tufte would be a good get. I honestly don't see Debrincat being a hot commodity.

Ok since we will have nothing else to watch for, who do we want the Devils to draft? Who do you guys not like in that range? :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.... nope

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I'll try and post my thoughts later. Been extremely busy the past few days. I also will be writing an article either pre-draft or post-draft or both for the new Ranger site that will be up in a few days.

Stay tuned.... :)

LET'S GO

:rangers

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I'm hoping that after all the dust settles, the Rangers wind up somewhere in the 6-10 range, and with another pick later on in the first round. (Not hopeful that they get into the top 3, and even if they pry 4 away from EDM, it may make sense to trade back.) I like the reports on Logan Brown –reminds me of RyJo in his draft year. Then, go get one of the puck movers somewhere in the middle teens.

But then again, I'll probably just be reading all of everyone's scouting reports on the obscure guys we take in the 3rd round. :)

I hope you're right. Reading that Brooks article from the other day made me think 1st rounders aren't high on Gorton's priority list. Who knows. So many unknowns. I just want to know where he's taking this team!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'll try and post my thoughts later. Been extremely busy the past few days. I also will be writing an article either pre-draft or post-draft or both for the new Ranger site that will be up in a few days.

Stay tuned.... :)

LET'S GO

:rangers

Hell yeah... looking forward to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad